Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dwayne Wilson and Shane Fitzgerald have been released from Bohs...

Any takers? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Linfield have completed the signing of Andrew Waterworth from Glentoran for an undisclosed fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Leiva wrote: »
    Does he have a choice?

the guys career has been stagnate now coming on 3yrs

Why wouldnt he have a choice?

He's 31 and ravaged by injuries with 2 years remaining on the biggest contract he'll ever get. The big carrot for him at the moment is playing for Brazil at the WC, he'd be open to a loan deal i reckon but leaving Madrid for a big paycut wouldnt interest him i reckon.

xtal191 wrote: »

Surely Evra is on his way to Monaco if thats true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Danny Simpson gone to QPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

xtal191 wrote: »

They'd want to double that offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Be a gas move for Barnes as a Liverpool fan. Perhaps juve or Chelsea next

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The dream of []iBony2K13[]/i is over. Great signing for Swansea. Some pair of players to call upon in himself and Michu to lead the line for them, assuming Michu will remain there of course. Heard whispers Dortmund are still keeping tabs on him but it's nothing concrete as of yet. Anyway, got to imagine Michu will play in his preferred role of second striker/central attacking midfield. Be a right handful for any defence in the league to contain given their physical attributes coupled with finishing ability.

If Swansea can strengthen in one or two more areas, they have a decent chance of breaking into a Europa League spot next season. Wrapping a deal for de Guzman is surely imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The dream of []iBony2K13[]/i is over. Great signing for Swansea. Some pair of players to call upon in himself and Michu to lead the line for them, assuming Michu will remain there of course. Heard whispers Dortmund are still keeping tabs on him but it's nothing concrete as of yet. Anyway, got to imagine Michu will play in his preferred role of second striker/central attacking midfield. Be a right handful for any defence in the league to contain given their physical attributes coupled with finishing ability.

If Swansea can strengthen in one or two more areas, they have a decent chance of breaking into a Europa League spot next season. Wrapping a deal for de Guzman is surely imminent.
    they got Jose Canas from Betis on a free a couple of weeks ago

he a massive step up from Leon Britton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cant see him taking a huge paycut so any deal for him wont be cheap overall

He was going to take a pretty hefty cut to join Milan in January but Real pulled out of the deal as they wanted more money for him.

Seaneh wrote: »
    He was going to take a pretty hefty cut to join Milan in January but Real pulled out of the deal as they wanted more money for him.

That was a loan deal AFAIK and Milan have ruled out a future move for him because of his wage demands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hopefully himself and Real come to some sort of mutual termination agreement and Milan can signing him on a decent wage and a signing bonus.

[/dream]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hopefully himself and Real come to some sort of mutual termination agreement and Milan can signing him on a decent wage and a signing bonus.

[/dream]

I'd rather Honda. But Berlusconi loves him like an overdeveloped attractive teenager if we did sign Kaka' i'd play him as a centre forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Do you really think Kaka be worth a punt if he is going to be looking for massive wages? He has never been the same at Madrid as he was at Milan and at 31 now he hardly going to start improving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do you really think Kaka be worth a punt if he is going to be looking for massive wages? He has never been the same at Madrid as he was at Milan and at 31 now he hardly going to start improving.

His game is not really based on strength and athletic ability. He moves the the ball into dangerous positions.

Him Balotelli and El Shar would be frightening front 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

dreamers75 wrote: »
    His game is not really based on strength and athletic ability. He moves the the ball into dangerous positions.

Him Balotelli and El Shar would be frightening front 3.

I strongly disagree. In his prime, do much of Kaka's prime was based on powerful bursts forward and an ability to go past players on the ball, he was a dynamic player and so much of it was down to pace and athleticism. Unlike say Iniesta or Ozil or Kroos who rely far less on their physical abilities and more their technical abilities and vision. Kaka was a different kind of player to those.

A bit like Torres, injuries took their toll, robbed them of their greatest traits (pace and athleticism) and they declined in effectiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd love to see Kaka play at the same level he did for Milan, one of my favourite players to watch back then.

Injuries were the main cause of his failure at Madrid, that and being replaced by Ozil. He should really have left Madrid at that stage but his wages must be more important to him than football.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well the team I support play in the competition so I don't have the luxury of following a Ukrainian side in it.
    So you only watch your own team? Shakhtar always on at the same time as your team? Some people do like to watch lots of teams play so your point is rubbish.

Oranage2 wrote: »

There does, just step out your front door to see it.
    And then you go on to reproach someone else for not watching more football without knowing whether the poster does watch or is involved in football on his own doorstep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Isco going to Real must be a big blow for City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Wow. Benat for a reported 8 million euro is great value for Bilbao. I would have loved to have seen him at Valencia with Banega and Fuego in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Wilfried Bony to Swansea for €12 million.

Well done Swansea.

Not a done deal yet apparently.
    Demanded wages would be too high for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

elefant wrote: »
    Wow. Benat for a reported 8 million euro is great value for Bilbao. I would have loved to have seen him at Valencia with Banega and Fuego in the middle.

They surely there was a buy back option there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

IvySlayer wrote: »

Yep, that song is fucked now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

IvySlayer wrote: »

I don't think it is. Don't get me wrong, he was obviously high on the priority list and a smashing talent but it's not the biggest area that needs addressing. I'd rather the money go on another defender and a top notch striker.

If we hadn't signed Navas I'd probably be a bit less blasé though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I don't think it is. Don't get me wrong, he was obviously high on the priority list and a smashing talent but it's not the biggest area that needs addressing. I'd rather the money go on another defender and a top notch striker.

Navas has looked very very good in the confederations cup. Unfortunatelyi think he will light up the PL. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

i5Sk0Am0XGbcd.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

miralize wrote: »
    i5Sk0Am0XGbcd.gif

Whos terminater and tackler in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'd love to see Kaka go back to Milan. Seen him back at the 3-2 in OT a few years ago, what a player he was.
    Whos terminater and tackler in that?

Moyes is terminator and I'm not sure.

edit: Its Michael Bolingbroke, Uniteds chief operating officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Moyes
    Thiago
    Super Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

amiable wrote: »
    So you only watch your own team? Shakhtar always on at the same time as your team? Some people do like to watch lots of teams play so your point is rubbish.

And then you go on to reproach someone else for not watching more football without knowing whether the poster does watch or is involved in football on his own doorstep

Well champions league matches are shown at 2.45am where I am, and I haven't got the time to follow soccer as much as I did, so watching the Ukrainian league features very low in my priority scale, I don't know what's wrong with that?

If you have the time then fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Xavi6 wrote: »

Agreed, it's an area we already overloaded in. Given Tevez & Mario exit we need a Striker more than another CM. Main priority was a winger, and we got Navas. Happy enough with the defence tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Agreed, it's an area we already overloaded in. Given Tevez & Mario exit we need a Striker more than another CM. Main priority was a winger, and we got Navas. Happy enough with the defence tbh.

Yea agreed , a world class stricker and there a serious team .best defence in the league and with the possibility of pepe only fetting better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Kolarov could be the next player to move to Juve. Apparently he said he is willing to take a reasonable paycut to get regular first team football.

Djibril Cisse has been released from QPR due to a mutual agreement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23097050

DenMan wrote: »
    Djibril Cisse has been released from QPR due to a mutual agreement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23097050

They agree both are ****e

Yea agreed , a world class stricker and there a serious team .best defence in the league and with the possibility of pepe only fetting better

City are in for pepe? Dont... hes such a dirtbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

City are in for pepe? Dont... hes such a dirtbag.

Yea he is , but still class

Via skysports.com

Marseille are closing on a £12million deal for Arsenal’s Gervinho, according to reports. It is said the Arsenal winger is keen on joining Marseille and talks are scheduled with his representatives and the French Club this week. Gervinho is disappointed with his limited playing time at Arsenal and wants to be playing more games before next summer’s World Cup. We will bring you any developments.

• Advertisement

BREAKING: Ancelotti has approved the sale
    of Higuaín to Arsenal. (El Confidencial)

Via skysports.com

Sky Sports News reporter David Craig has also brought us an update on goalkeeper Vito Mannone’s possible move from Arsenal to Sunderland.

Sunderland and Arsenal, I understand, have agreed a fee. The player is expected to arrive on Wearside early next week to join his new team-mates.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Via skysports.com

Sky Sports News reporter David Craig has also brought us an update on goalkeeper Vito Mannone’s possible move from Arsenal to Sunderland.

Sunderland and Arsenal, I understand, have agreed a fee. The player is expected to arrive on Wearside early next week to join his new team-mates.

Would be a good signing. I like Mannone.

Would be a good signing. I like Mannone.

Yeh as I said in the Arsenal thread good move for him and Sunderland I think with regular football he could be a good keeper he's just not going to get that chance at Arsenal anytime soon being third in the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

12m for Gervinho?

I wouldn't pay €12 for that clown, good business from Arsenal there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moneymaker wrote: »
    12m for Gervinho?

Andy Carroll looks on amazed!

• Advertisement

12m for Gervinho?

Would be really good business if true but I honestly believe very much so that he is a confidence player.

Give him the ball with no time to think and he goes around two or three players like there not even there but when he has to look up and cross or shoot he seems to panic and make a mess.

Watch him play for Ivory Coast and he's a very different player but you can also see all the players really look out for him and protect him which he just wont get at Arsenal because he's in and out of the team rightly so, but put him in a team were he's a vital cog and I think he would improve a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

12m for Gervinho?

I used to think he would be the real deal before he joined Arsenal. Never made it in England but I think he might do well back in France

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Via skysports.com

Marseille are closing on a £12million deal for Arsenal’s Gervinho, according to reports. It is said the Arsenal winger is keen on joining Marseille and talks are scheduled with his representatives and the French Club this week. Gervinho is disappointed with his limited playing time at Arsenal and wants to be playing more games before next summer’s World Cup. We will bring you any developments.
    That'd be brilliant. Between him and Arshavin leaving, it could free up space for a new attacking midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Nuno Gomes has been released by Blackburn Rovers by mutual agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

€14m for Gervinho? :eek:

Silly spending season is in it's element and the French have joined in too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement