Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Blackpool have accepted an £8million bid from Cardiff for Tom Ince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

PSV have signed Adam Maher for €8m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Belhanda who has been linked with Arsenal and a few other clubs has ended up at Kiev

BOB9ZRkCEAAZS_R.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Oh well had high hopes for Belhanda, Guess this will be the last we see of him :/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oat23 wrote: »
    PSV have signed Adam Maher for €8m.

Brilliant signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mbokani, Lens and Belhanda for Kiev is impressive. But ya, Belhanda will play his 'Russian/Ukrainian year' out there and sign for someone else next summer I'd say, strange move but obvious motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

@m_christenson: Croatian media claim that #spurs have agreed a €20m deal for Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj from Dinamo source @AlexHoliga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Brilliant signing.

brilliant business. will probably be sold on for 15m+ next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

@m_christenson: Croatian media claim that #spurs have agreed a €20m deal for Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj from Dinamo source @AlexHoliga

Remember them being linked with Milan and Roma, for 20m I could see why it didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Corholio wrote: »
    Mbokani, Lens and Belhanda for Kiev is impressive. But ya, Belhanda will play his 'Russian/Ukrainian year' out there and sign for someone else next summer I'd say, strange move but obvious motivation.

Yeh apparently it's move that is not sitting well in France, with most viewing it as him throwing his career away.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

brilliant business. will probably be sold on for 15m+ next season

Yup, easily make twice their money back.

Rumour going around of Aubameyang to Dortmund. He's been linked once or twice over the past few months I'd be delighted with BVB signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

GTR63 wrote: »
    Remember them being linked with Milan and Roma, for 20m I could see why it didn't happen.
    It seems a ridiculous price for a couple of 17 year olds.

Supposedly neither will be moving until they turn 18.

Baldini's Roma were linked at Halilovic so it makes sense that he kept up the interest at Spurs but not confirmed that the transfer has happened just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Adam Maher? Dutch? Are you sure he's not from Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Adam Maher? Dutch? Are you sure he's not from Tipp?

Thought he was Tipp or Kilkenny myself when I saw it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Nathan Redmond should agree a 2 million pound (potentially rising to 3.2 million pound) transfer to Norwich in the next day or two. He chose them over Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anelka to WBA?

Rumours online after a few large bets placed on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Nathan Redmond should agree a 2 million pound (potentially rising to 3.2 million pound) transfer to Norwich in the next day or two. He chose them over Swansea.

Could turn out to be a very smart buy by Norwich. Would not be surprised to see Norwich making back three or four times what they look like paying for him within a few seasons.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Could turn out to be a very smart buy by Norwich. Would not be surprised to see Norwich making back three or four times what they look like paying for him within a few seasons.

If FM13 is anything to go by then yes, boght him for 3.5 Million, sold him 3 years later for 10Million and an English international.

FM is NEVER, EVER wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If FM13 is anything to go by then yes, boght him for 3.5 Million, sold him 3 years later for 10Million and an English international.

FM is NEVER, EVER wrong. :pac:

Nah Mate, Fifa13 is never wrong. :pac:

Although I must have gotten my edition of the game about two years early.. :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75057298&postcount=8172

Nah Mate, Fifa13 is never wrong. :pac:

Although I must have gotten my edition of the game about two years early.. :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75057298&postcount=8172

I havent owned a copy of FIFA since 99 TBH.

Good insight though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Birmingham would be selling him for a lot more, if we were not broke. He is worth as a much as Zaha and Ince. Too soon for him to move, development will be stunted like Butland if he does not get a run of games.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Birmingham would be selling him for a lot more, if we were not broke. He is worth as a much as Zaha and Ince. Too soon for him to move, development will be stunted like Butland if he does not get a run of games.

Thats the problem, Birginham need the money and a buying club would be aware of it, theres a chance that a higher bid could come in but its not a certainty.

At Norwich he'll get game time, more so then if he joined a "bigger" club IMO.

Not sure about Butland though, unless Begovic is sold he wont play much next season and wont get into the WC squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Corinthians director Roberto Andrade has just confirmed that Paulinho is a Spurs player. ....................

apparently there is a news cconference right now saying the same.

hope its true & not more newspaper shyte;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

davycc wrote: »
    Corinthians director Roberto Andrade has just confirmed that Paulinho is a Spurs player. ....................

apparently there is a news cconference right now saying the same.

hope its true & not more newspaper shyte;)

Great signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart

Paulinho: “I'm sure I have made the right decision in joining another big club[#THFC]. At this stage in my career I needed a new challenge.”

Has anyone told him there not in the champions league O_O

CAREFUL NOW;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Well hopefully him and more signings of his ilk will bring us in there this season ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah its the same ould generic i'm leaving s.america for a big european club quote. I'm sure the Shaktar lads said the same thing while onlookers look on puzzled and miffed.
    Arsenal have signed Sanogo from Auxerre, looks decent in the u20s. I think france are playing tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants a look at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

opr wrote: »
    Might as well get this going considering a couple of high profile names already seem to have agreed deals.

Gotze to Munich is a done deal.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel has agreed a deal with Norwich

Cavani now has apparently agreed a four year deal with PSG according to some sources in the last hour.

Opr

Surprised this has gotten such little attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Nicklas Bendtner to join Eintracht Frankfurt this week for a fee in the region of £3M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

swoody wrote: »
    Nicklas Bendtner to join Eintracht Frankfurt this week for a fee in the region of £3M

Having visited Frankfurt twice, I think it's the sort of place he will enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

CSF wrote: »
    Having visited Frankfurt twice, I think it's the sort of place he will enjoy.

?

The gay scene or the red light district?

kryogen wrote: »
    ?

The gay scene or the red light district?

The latter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

swoody wrote: »

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Good nightlife in Frankfurt, he'll like it there.

If his ego can fit through the doors of the clubs that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Arsenal getting rid of a lot of deadwood and bringing in some top quality. This is going to be one hell of a Premier League season.

(I feel like I should have ended that with "here on Sky Sports... AND IT'S LIVE!!")

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Arsenal getting rid of a lot of deadwood and bringing in some top quality. This is going to be one hell of a Premier League season.

(I feel like I should have ended that with "here on Sky Sports... AND IT'S LIVE!!")

Arsenal haven't signed anyone of note yet....

Arsenal haven't signed anyone of note yet....

Hence why I said bringing rather than brought. They are in the process of confirming one and are after a good few more.

• Advertisement

Hence why I said bringing rather than brought. They are in the process of confirming one and are after a good few more.

Who are all these players they are signing? To the best of my knowledge they are after Higuain, the keeper of the team who came last, and are in a chase for Rooney who they will almost certainly never get.

Also known as the keeper who shut out the world champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The keeper of the team who came last
    The same keeper who won a Champions League and numerous Serie A's with Inter, not to mention won a cup with Brazil the other night? That'd be a good signing for Arsenal if they do go for it, but your post gives me the impression that you don't rate it.

Who are all these players they are signing? To the best of my knowledge they are after Higuain, the keeper of the team who came last, and are in a chase for Rooney who they will almost certainly never get.

Higuain.
    The keeper who got the golden glove ahead of Casillas and Buffon at the Confed Cup.
    Apparently activating Fellaini's release clause.
    They will certainly chase more as they clearly have cash for the first time in a while.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that I think Arsenal will strengthen through signing good players? I know you love to get in these completely mundane arguments over almost anything, but even for you this is a strange one. I could show you video footage of myself sitting down with Arsene and him telling me who they are going after and you would find something to question, so why don't we leave it at: I think Arsenal will be strong next season with new signings, you apparently don't?

Higuain.
    The keeper who got the golden glove ahead of Casillas and Buffon at the Confed Cup.
    Apparently activating Fellaini's release clause.
    They will certainly chase more as they clearly have cash for the first time in a while.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that I think Arsenal will strengthen through signing good players? I know you love to get in these completely mundane arguments over almost anything, but even for you this is a strange one. I could show you video footage of myself sitting down with Arsene and him telling me who they are going after and you would find something to question, so why don't we leave it at: I think Arsenal will be strong next season with new signings, you apparently don't?
    I think you are misinterpreting events. You said Arsenal are bringing in top quality. I said they haven't brought in anyone of note yet. If in 3 weeks they sign Ronaldo, Messi and Schweinsteiger, that doesn't make me wrong, because I didn't say they won't sign good players. I just pointed that there is no real basis to assume they will other than opinion, and you didn't state it as an opinion.

Nailz wrote: »
    The same keeper who won a Champions League and numerous Serie A's with Inter, not to mention won a cup with Brazil the other night? That'd be a good signing for Arsenal if they do go for it, but your post gives me the impression that you don't rate it.

To quote Eamon Dunphy, he is a good keeper, not a great keeper. Not sure he is a huge improvement on Sczeszny who I also think is good, but not great.

As an aside, listing trophies that a player has won, doesn't necessarily sell them as an amazing transfer. Loads of **** players on the market with loads of medals to their name and loads of great ones who haven't won much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I think you are misinterpreting events. You said Arsenal are bringing in top quality. I said they haven't brought in anyone of note yet. If in 3 weeks they sign Ronaldo, Messi and Schweinsteiger, that doesn't make me wrong, because I didn't say they won't sign good players. I just pointed that there is no real basis to assume they will other than opinion, and you didn't state it as an opinion.

You're looking for an arguement, as per usual.

Also if they do bring in quality in the next few weeks it will confirm his assertion.

You're looking for an arguement, as per usual.

Also if they do bring in quality in the next few weeks it will confirm his assertion.
    How? If I said Bayern were the best in the world during the 10/11 season, and my friends laughed at me, I'm not in a position to say I have the last laugh now.

Ok.

That is so trivial, but as long as you're not wrong that's all that matters and we can move on in peace.

Ok.

That is so trivial, but as long as you're not wrong that's all that matters and we can move on in peace.

How is it trivial? I didn't come into the conversation all guns blazing, I just pointed out that they have shown no major signs of doing anything major yet, which they haven't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement