Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Cavani to PSG is looking likely according to well every site I go on thats about Serie A.
    Himself, Lavezzi and Zlatan is some forward line on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

GTR63 wrote: »
    Cavani to PSG is looking likely according to well every site I go on thats about Serie A.
    Himself, Lavezzi and Zlatan is some forward line on paper.

And Pastore, Lucas, Verratti... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Quazzie wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Yeah, Rooney is good only sometimes. :rolleyes:

Must be watching someone else playing as ManUtd #10 who was consistently one of the better players in the league since 2006-07.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Coquelin gone out on loan, must be making room for Barry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Paulinho having medical at Spurs today according to sky...great singing COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Two from Parker, Huddlestone and Livermore will surely have to leave now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Two from Parker, Huddlestone and Livermore will surely have to leave now.

Thought Parker to West Ham was on the cards for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thought Parker to West Ham was on the cards for a while now.
    QPR interested in Scott Parker apparently and Sunderland and Hull interested in Huddlestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd have Higuain as streets ahead of Lewandowski though he has maybe gone a bit backwards from a couple of seasons back when i watched him a lot more and Rooney pretty clearly ahead of Higuain. I'm not totally convinced of Lewandowski yet and his amazing game against Real is maybe clouding a lot of views on him. Ironically Rooney is probably the player I like the least out of the 3 but he is better

???? Don't know how you can have him as 'streets ahead'. I'd rate Lewandowski higher than Higuain and can see why people would rate Higuain higher than Lewandowski but certainly not streets ahead.

Lewandowski is absolutely quality anyone who watches Dortmund with any kind of regularity would agree. Higuain is also quality but he was playing for Madrid in a league where they smash roughly 15 of the teams in the league so his goals return, in my opinion, will be hard to gauge for Arsenal. Rooney is quality as well people forget how good he is and that is partly Rooney's fault for being a fairly heavy mess during the first few months of last season but when he settles down after a summer of beer he is quality and his stats suggest this.

Lewandowski would be the best signing for Arsenal IMO because he's physical and is the lone striker that fits a system which all the top clubs seem to be adopting over the last few years. Moving to Arsenal would be a step down from Dortmund though to be frank so it won't happen. Higuain is moving for all the right reasons and will get a decent goal return I'd imagine. Again, can't see Arsenal getting Rooney either as there will be other clubs better positioned at this point in time to get him. I look forward to seeing Higuain in the PL anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Andrea Poli is at Milan having a Medical today and will start training with Milan on monday.

Good signing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Seaneh wrote: »
    Andrea Poli is at Milan having a Medical today and will start training with Milan on monday.

Good signing.

Read that as Andrea Pirlo first time and nearly fell off my seat.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Higuain streets ahead of Lewy?

Scanners-HeadExplode.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Higuain streets ahead of Lewy?

Scanners-HeadExplode.gif

Must have stared at that for 2/3 minutes :D

Bad news for Pool fans if true -

www.twitter.com/honigstein
    raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein

. @Bild is reporting that Mkhitaryan has set his mind on joining Dortmund, and agreed personal terms with them. Fee remains a problem. #LFC
    raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein

Sky Germany are reporting that a @BVB delegation have flown to Donezk today.

Now can we just get Eriksen PLEASE.
    Milan being linked with Ljajic too, just can't see that happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Pretty much what I expected all along! Rooney is going nowhere!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23201543

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A United supporting friend who watched it said he wasn't convinced at all that Rooney was going to be staying even after the interview something about Moyes avoiding a question? Didn't see the press conference myself though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Moyes definitely avoided questions on whether Rooney has said he wants to stay .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sure he has to say that, obviuosly he's not gonna come out and say yep he's off lads send offers to me via e-mail,phone or fax haha

Real Madrid closing in on Illarramendi, will cover his 30m release clause, plus the 9m IVA tax: 40m euros for a 23yo.

Lot of money, but while everyone seemingly faps over Thiago and Isco's performances in the Euro U21, this guy was the unsung hero of the tournament for Spain IMHO. Had a brilliant season for La Real by all accounts too and from the odd game I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That's mad money for someone that's more than likely not going to be a starter for them .

I there anybody else, after Higuain on their way out of Madrid?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Alonso ain't getting any younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Callejon has been linked with Napoli...he'd be a great signing for any team.

Coentrao and Di Maria were being linked with exits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Coentrao and Di Maria were being linked with exits

Would love to see both at United but doubt even one will be joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Coentrao's great on the ball but his stamina over the course of a game and his positioning aren't the best. I'd have major doubts about him in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looks like Illarmendi is a done deal - all the noises coming from Spain saying he'll be in a white shirt next season.

With the amount of matches they have to play there's not much wrong with having Illarmendi, Alonso and Khedira covering 2 positions.

Though they also have Modric who I think is best as a centre-mid but who seems to be often used as an AM at Madrid.

Could well be that Illarmendi is the long term replacement for Alonso, although I'm not sure as I don't know much about his playing style

Alididore has signed for Sunderland.

Looking forward to seeing how his second stint in the EPL goes after playing for Hull a few years ago. Only 23 years old which many people don't realise.

• Advertisement

Higuain failed his medical at Arsenal.

Apparently the dust from the trophy cabinet triggered an asthma attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

PSG apparently made an offer between €20m-€25m for Marquinhos. It was turned down by Roma.

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2QxMDBsNC5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=0fHxAEVGlVC_A-x3L_5W0nBBiaQSeIQDs72XMWpmiyY

Just a look at PSG`s Serie A transfers. They`ve been linked to De Rossi and Hernanes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Looks like Bojan Krkic is going on loan to one of Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.

Interesting to see which of the coaches Koeman, De Boer and Cocu (all ex- Barca) has the best sales pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

BOexChwCQAE9qd6.jpg

Officially signed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

inforfun wrote: »
    Looks like Bojan Krkic is going on loan to one of Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.

Interesting to see which of the coaches Koeman, De Boer and Cocu (all ex- Barca) has the best sales pitch.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/bojan-krkic-on-loan-to-ajax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I cant see Bojan making it at a top top club now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This really says it all
    After two years in Italy with Roma and Milan, Bojan will now try his luck in Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Was he still owned by Barca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Was he still owned by Barca?

They bought him back this year. Don't know why though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They bought him back this year. Don't know why though.

We had to. Roma didnt want to extend the contract, and in that case, we made a clause that we had to buy him back seemingly.

• Advertisement

Just dont see where he would fit in at Ajax.
    Unless Eriksen still leaves but he wont leave just for the sake of leaving.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    That's mad money for someone that's more than likely not going to be a starter for them .

I could well see him being a starter, if not now then going into the start of next season. Illarmendi reminds me very much of a Spanish version of Gündogan, a player Real really wanted by numerous accounts after he torn them a new one in the CL. If Illarmendi can reach anywhere near that level, he'll be worth every single penny.
    inforfun wrote: »
    Just dont see where he would fit in at Ajax.
    Unless Eriksen still leaves but he wont leave just for the sake of leaving.

Do you think there could be a mass exodus this time next year at Feynoord infor, with the likes of Indi, de Vrij, Boetius, Clasie and Vilhena? It's been said BVB scouts were quite regular visitors at the De Kuip this past season and Vilhena has really caught the eye every time they were there.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Do you think there could be a mass exodus this time next year at Feynoord infor, with the likes of Indi, de Vrij, Boetius, Clasie and Vilhena? It's been said BVB scouts were quite regular visitors at the De Kuip this past season and Vilhena has really caught the eye every time they were there.

Could depend on who is going to the WC and how they will play there.
    Indi might leave this year already.
    Useful as he is, getting a big transfer sum is still very important for Feyenoord.
    He played most of last season as left back but his preferred position is central defender, where he also plays for the national team.
    Problem is, De Vrij and Mathijssen are the first choice in CD.

For left back there is Nelom who is not as strong defensively but offers more in attack.
    So Indi will not be a great loss if the money is good.

Depending on whether they ll be suffering from "2nd season syndrome" i reckon it will still be too early for Boetius and Vilhena to go to the WC. Vilhena didnt make the 1st team at the U21's last month.
    Clasie didnt either but that is because the U21's had a joker as coach.

Cant see Boetius and Vilhena leave before 2015 unless silly money is paid.

De Vrij and Clasie both extended their contract but i think they will both be gone next summer. Just hope they will choose their clubs wisely.

Trying to find a picture i saw a while back of Feyenoord's U7 team from about 10 years ago.

Edit: Cant find it.
    But there were 9 players who made their debut in professional football in that picture: Boetius, Vilhena, Kongolo, Achachbar, Ake, Rekik and a few i cant remember.

Confirmed. Spanish media believe that Monaco have paid around €5M. Smart signing.

BOg0OO7CUAAsTjo.jpg:large

Digne is next I imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Robinho to Santos seems to be all but a done deal now, Santos agreeing to pay €8million and Milan accepting payment in installments.

Also Milan being linked with Alfred Finnbogason from Heerenveen, apparently Marco Van Basten (his manager) recommended him to Galiani personally.

Anyone of your Dutch league followers have any opinions on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Robinho to Santos seems to be all but a done deal now, Santos agreeing to pay €8million and Milan accepting payment in installments.

Also Milan being linked with Alfred Finnbogason from Heerenveen, apparently Marco Van Basten (his manager) recommended him to Galiani personally.

Very good finisher but its a big step up.

I have been waiting an age to post this.

e423673a-df8b-49cd-81c3-61fec47d776b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I have been waiting an age to post this.

e423673a-df8b-49cd-81c3-61fec47d776b

Brilliant

Meh.. I'd rather Niang got game time. Enough with the strikers. It's not Fifa with 4-2-4 for f**k sake.

Centre back is the biggest issue along with midfield.

I'd rather Honda/Ljajic (who is looking increasingly likely)

Sort out he defence first, haven't been impressed with Vergara in the u20 WC

Any word on Jorginho lately?

Meh.. I'd rather Niang got game time. Enough with the strikers. It's not Fifa with 4-2-4 for f**k sake.

Centre back is the biggest issue along with midfield.

I'd rather Honda/Ljajic (who is looking increasingly likely)

Sort out he defence first, haven't been impressed with Vergara in the u20 WC

Any word on Jorginho lately?

Berlusconi does love a striker signing but we really don't need another. Think this guy is being linked just cause Van Basten is there as much as anything. We do need a centre back alrite even though Zapata is staying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement