Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Meh.. I'd rather Niang got game time. Enough with the strikers. It's not Fifa with 4-2-4 for f**k sake.

Centre back is the biggest issue along with midfield.

I'd rather Honda/Ljajic (who is looking increasingly likely)

Sort out he defence first, haven't been impressed with Vergara in the u20 WC

Any word on Jorginho lately?

Well, right now, if Robinho goes, there are only 3 strikers at the club until January, because Pazzini is out until the new year at least, so bringing in someone to rotate with the current front 3 is a necessity, we are already down Bojan and it's looking like Boateng will be off as well so we are pretty light on forwards with only Saponara coming in so far.

We have already signed a centre back, all be it a rather young one, who the club reckon will be in the first team next year. Yeah it would be nice to add a top class CB to play beside Mexes but it's Milan, they will always worry about the attack first. Defenders will be signed by the end of the window, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Seaneh wrote: »
    Robinho to Santos seems to be all but a done deal now, Santos agreeing to pay €8million and Milan accepting payment in installments.

Also Milan being linked with Alfred Finnbogason from Heerenveen, apparently Marco Van Basten (his manager) recommended him to Galiani personally.

Anyone of your Dutch league followers have any opinions on him?

He is still young so i would see sense in that move if Milan sent him on loan to a good serie B club for a year because i cant see him get in Milan's first team with the players they have already.

He is definitely no Van Basten, if you want to compare him to another Dutch striker of the past, i would say he is more like Wim Kieft.

And if you score 12 in 14 at Helsingborg, then move on to Heerenveen and score 24 in 33 you know where the goal is. Certainly if you see that Heerenveen had a pretty piss poor season.

He did profit a great deal from Djuricic great play on midfield. And he is gone to Benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is the entire Hearts squad for sale does anybody know?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23212493

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AS are saying that Napoli have agreed a €10M fee with Real Madrid for Callejon. On a related note, he is 26 years old! I thought he in his early 20's at a push :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any word on Jorginho lately?

Liverpool linked with him again today, but hard to know if that's fresh baseless speculation or just a rehash of two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

DenMan wrote: »
    Is the entire Hearts squad for sale does anybody know?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23212493

No http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23181105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jurgen Klopp has said Lewandowski will join Bayern on a free next season .

Seems silly to me just sell him now for 20/25m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp has said Lewandowski will join Bayern on a free next season .

Seems silly to me just sell him now for 20/25m.

Depends who Bayern have agreed to send the other way, plus he gets to keep Lewy for another season. Could be worth alot more than 25m.

Depends who Bayern have agreed to send the other way, plus he gets to keep Lewy for another season. Could be worth alot more than 25m.

You'd have to wonder how much effort he'll make for Dorrmund .

It's a dangerous game relying on someone who doesn't want to be at your club to fire you to the CL knockout stage.

I said it before on the united thread it's hard replacing 2 of your best players but it's a lot harder replacing them with €37m you receive for them , rather than the €60m you could receive or them.

• Advertisement

Nobody knows how he'll perform, but I do believe the risk is minimal. He’s a professional, who will want to prove himself yet again at the highest level. If he has a mare of a season Bayern may pull out of a future deal quite possibly. If he acts the fool, we've signed Aubame and Reus can also play upfront if need be.

On a wider note, Dortmund should be applauded for putting their foot down. BVB are now in a strong position financially, with no need to sell players. This is good thing for German football. Financially no club can compete with Bayern, but that doesn’t mean Bayern can bully every other team in Germany as they've done for years upon years hoovering up all the best talent there is.

TL;DR , Bayern can go **** themselves after taking Götze. Lewy should blame them and Götze :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some excellent transfer window trolling from Arsenal today. The outrage at their bid has livened up an otherwise full weekend football wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Some excellent transfer window trolling from Arsenal today. The outrage at their bid has livened up an otherwise full weekend football wise.

what?

Seaneh wrote: »
    what?

Arsenal low balled for Suarez and caused an explosion of "he's worth at least twice that" retaliation, it was fun to watch on a quiet Sunday football wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Arsenal low balled for Suarez and caused an explosion of "he's worth at least twice that" retaliation, it was fun to watch on a quiet Sunday football wise.

Rumoured £30million? How is that low balling? (this is also all unfounded speculation)

£30million for a player who has admitted he wants to leave and seems to have the temperament that he will dig his heels in and act the prick to get what he wants is hardly low balling though....

Whether Arsenal really want him or not is another thing too, can think of a couple of reasons why they would want to make it look that way of course

kryogen wrote: »
    Rumoured £30million? How is that low balling? (this is also all unfounded speculation)

£30million for a player who has admitted he wants to leave and seems to have the temperament that he will dig his heels in and act the prick to get what he wants is hardly low balling though....

Whether Arsenal really want him or not is another thing too, can think of a couple of reasons why they would want to make it look that way of course

I should've put the low balling in inverted commas as that's how it's being seen by Pool fans, not me personally.

I'd say somewhere between 30 and 35 is enough if it's straight out cash, other 40 mil inclusive of clauses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pull the other one loves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 11m Breaking: @SwansOfficial expected to sign striker Wilfried Bony from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem in a deal which could ultimately cost £13m

really nice piece of business again by the Swans.

Anyone think Arsenal made a bid for Suarez to prompt Madrid to make a decision on Higuain ?

I don't think Arsenal really expected £30m to be accepted by Liverpool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who said hes worth twice that? :confused: rawk isint a valid one ;)

If a 29y/o in his last year of contract van persie goes for 24 mill to a rival what does a contracted till 2018 26 y/o suarez go for? Id rate him at 50 mill tbh, maybe 40 something and a player swap deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Surely the whole Evra saga/Biting Ivanavoich would hurt his value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MagicIRL wrote: »

Not a whole lot if it doesn't affect his form.

MagicIRL wrote: »

The club is in full control of the transfer though, if a club says well offer only 30 mill because of past offences Liverpool will just turn around and walk away, they dont have to sell.

klose wrote: »
    Who said hes worth twice that? :confused: rawk isint a valid one ;)

Twitter. My timeline was full of some epic RTs this morning! Made the start of work go nice and quick.
    If a 29y/o in his last year of contract van persie goes for 24 mill to a rival what does a contracted till 2018 26 y/o suarez go for? Id rate him at 50 mill tbh, maybe 40 something and a player swap deal.

Van Persie didn't have quite the chequered history though, that knocks a fairly big chunk off the value of me.

CSF wrote: »

It affects his time on the pitch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A players worth is totally subjective, IMO Arsenal did extremly well to get 24 million for RVP given the circumstances, 29, last year of contract questionnable injury record.

Suarez is worth whatever Liverpool think hes worth and what a buyer is willing to pay.

No way in hell though theyed sell to an EPL rival for that amount but to a foreign team, 30 million straight cash and I'd reckon theyed take it.

They may have been slightly weakened by Suarez coming out saying he wants to leave though and that would knock a bit of his transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CSF wrote: »
    Considering he's had lengthy suspensions handed down in each of his last 3 seasons, it would be surprising if clubs didn't use that to leverage a better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Charlie Austin to Hull from Burnley.
    Released by Reading's Academy at the age of 15, non-League for 5 years, League 1 for two years, Championship for three and now a Premier League player at the age of 24. Fair play to him, a very good goal-scorer.

Twitter. My timeline was full of some epic RTs this morning! Made the start of work go nice and quick.

Van Persie didn't have quite the chequered history though, that knocks a fairly big chunk off the value of me.

My timeline is full of people laughing their head off, utterly bemused if a little bewildered at such an offer. Perhaps I'm fortunate in that I just follow decent football people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I seen similar all over twitter and a Facebook status popped up on my timeline s full of 60 to 80 million and outrage at the 30 million bid :D.

In fairness I don't think it's far off, he comes with baggage, has stated he want's to leave which drives down the price and so far Arsenal are the only club to have made an official offer it's bidding wars the drive up the price.

It seems to have been Liverpool who leaked the story aswell probably in the hope of drumming up some interest.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    My timeline is full of people laughing their head off, utterly bemused if a little bewildered at such an offer. Perhaps I'm fortunate in that I just follow decent football people.

Or you just follow a lot of Liverpool fans ;)

And I did say RTs, not tweets by people I follow. A lot of them were for comic value and they certainly delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Liverpool bought Suarez for 22 mill and since then he's been one of the best players in world football, and he has 3 (or maybe 4) years remaining on his contract. How people can claim he's only worth 30 mill is beyond me. Must be people with a petty dislike for Liverpool refusing to accept one of their players is worth a lot of money.

The argument that he always gets suspended is fairly useless as well considering the chap almost never ets injured and has never been sent off in his time at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good to see Xavi voluntarily keeping Liverpool discussion at the center of a general thread. icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Eric Abidal to Monaco

BOpkkdICAAE0oUx.jpg:large

Abidal officially a monaco player, sign ALL the players

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good to see Xavi voluntarily keeping Liverpool discussion at the center of a general thread. icon14.png

Hilarious to watch tbh

Just discussing the big story of the last 24 hours, did the same thing when it was Tevez on the move to Juve.

If it makes you feel better though I'll happily bow out :)

Wonder what that means for Digne now. Reliable Turkish media are claiming Galatasaray will bid €13M for him once the U20 World Cup is over anyway, not that I see him going there.

What is Monaco's confirmed in list thus far?

If Suarez wants to pick up some silverware Arsenal isn't the place to go.

Almost a decade now afaik without a trophy.

• Advertisement

What is Monaco's confirmed in list thus far?

Falcao, Moutinho, James Rodriguez, Ricardo Carvalho and Eric Abidal.

I think thats it??

I think thats it??

Toulalan aswell I thought?

I think thats it??

Toulalon and isimat-mirin aswell

BILD are saying that that Mkhitaryan had his medical this morning :)

Interesting quotes from Strootman today also.
    Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 13m
    Kevin Strootman tells Voetbal International "several clubs are interested" in signing him and none of them among 'top six' in Europe.

Strootman: "Whether the club I leave for must play in the Champions League? That wasn't the case when I moved to PSV."

Forgot toulalon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MONACO - LINE UP

64920f3b-8c88-4bae-83d9-c8a2f1420e2e

• Advertisement

Or you just follow a lot of Liverpool fans ;)

And I did say RTs, not tweets by people I follow. A lot of them were for comic value and they certainly delivered.

Nope, I follow more United and Dortmund supporters than Liverpool ones if talking about supporters truth be told :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gomez to Fiorentina deal done.

Be interesting to see were Jovetic ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Meh, that CL remark should be taken with a bit of background.
    When he moved to PSV, he had 6 months of Utrecht behind him and before that he was playing in the Jupiler League for Sparta.
    And afaik only PSV had interest for the price Utrecht wanted. Ajax wasnt interested.
    He had no choice back then the way he probably has now.

Edit: I Google translated the original item on vi.nl

And Rekik goes on loan to PSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If Suarez wants to pick up some silverware Arsenal isn't the place to go.

Almost a decade now afaik without a trophy.

Is that the rule on winning a trophy ? Thanks for the heads up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JUDAS!! ;)
    Apparently Roma are in for Strootman to replace DeBossi should he leave.
    Inter being linked with Nainggolan, even as a Milan fan I got to say I have been impressed with their dealings Laxalt, Icardi, Belfodil, Campagnaro and Andreolli should be good signings, wouldn`t of sold all their Italian U21 players though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement