Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Manolo Gabbiadini joins Sampdoria from Juventus. Zaza goes to Juventus in exhange, didn't want to see Samp losing him already really.

Any Juve fans got an insight on him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Zaza is actually gone to Sassuolo, Juve signed him and then instantly sold 50% of his contract to Sassuolo.

Basically Samp paid Juve 5.5million for 50% of Gabbiadini.
    Juve paid Samp 3.5million for all of Zaza's contract
    And then Sassuolo paid Juve €2.5million for 50% of Zaza's contract.

So basically Juve are up 4.5million and have 50% of each player still.

Good dealing, makes no bloody sense though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Joel Robles signs for Everton .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theyve been linked with Osvaldo and Negredo recently although I think City could and should be aiming higher then both of those CF's, especially if theres any truth in Aguero leaving.

Id be very suprised if there is any truth to it as Augero has signed a new contract just last month. He would cost far more than Barca would be willing to spend.

Chelsea sign Mark Schwarzer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great back up for a year.

0,,10268~12060102,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Chelsea sign Mark Schwarzer .

Good signing. Going after Ruddy was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Smart signing for chelsea, probably looking to bring courtouis in next season then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where's Cech off to then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mars Bar wrote: »

Probably nowhere.

It's something a lot of Chelsea fans forget about when creaming themselves over Courtois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Roma seem keen to get rid of Osvaldo. Trying to persuade him to move to Southampton

http://www.football-italia.net/36260/roma-wiretap-row

Also odds on Wanyama joining Southampton have been cut to 1/6. He was on the Celtic team to play tonight until 5 minutes before kickoff, then a revised team list was issued, without him. Something afoot there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Duzzie wrote: »
    Roma seem keen to get rid of Osvaldo. Trying to persuade him to move to Southampton

http://www.football-italia.net/36260/roma-wiretap-row

Also odds on Wanyama joining Southampton have been cut to 1/6. He was on the Celtic team to play tonight until 5 minutes before kickoff, then a revised team list was issued, without him. Something afoot there

To quote Lennon from 2 days ago

"I had a chat with Victor and he's a wee bit confused but what we gather is that Southampton have reignited their interest," "They've shown an interest again and the bid is there.

"It's all about the negotiations between Saints and the agent now. I'd imagine that might get the ball rolling again. I've only seen Victor for a couple of days but he trained with the rest of the squad who didn't play against Cluj. If nothing materialises, he'll play some of the game on Tuesday against Greuther Furth."

So it looks like something materialized...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Dempsey wrote: »
    So it looks like something materialized...

Looks like it. It is strange that he was removed from the team list so close to kickoff. With their score-line tonight, it sounds like Celtic could have done with Wanyama at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mars Bar wrote: »

Cech and Courtois to battle it out for number 1 spot I imagine.

On the back of the WC year it wont hurt either to have fierce competition sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Duzzie wrote: »
    Looks like it. It is strange that he was removed from the team list so close to kickoff. With their score-line tonight, it sounds like Celtic could have done with Wanyama at the back.

Im not surprised at anything his hungry agents get up to anymore. So many players were gassed after 50 minutes, I dont think Wanyama would have been any different in that regard and he would have been exposed at the back aswell given that the midfield gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cech and Courtois to battle it out for number 1 spot I imagine.

On the back of the WC year it wont hurt either to have fierce competition sitting on the bench.

And ahead of a World Cup year it's a stupid move by Schwarzer. This does Australia absolutely no favours and he's lucky the manager is too bloody stubborn to drop players who don't play regularly (Lucas Neill).

Last week he said first team football was key given the Socceroos have qualified for Brazil so he decides to move to...Chelsea :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Wanyama to Southampton is nearly done for £12.5M. Can still be had @ 1/6 on SkyBet. PP et all have pulled it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And ahead of a World Cup year it's a stupid move by Schwarzer. This does Australia absolutely no favours and he's lucky the manager is too bloody stubborn to drop players who don't play regularly (Lucas Neill).

Last week he said first team football was key given the Socceroos have qualified for Brazil so he decides to move to...Chelsea :rolleyes:

It's not like he's a young keeper just moving purely for money to sit on his hole for a few years of his career while he picks up a nice big paycheck. Don't think anyone can begrudge him the move he's 41 in October and at the end of his career. This means he doesn't have to move his family, he will get a good amount of game time anyway with the amount of games Chelsea are likely to have, good chance of winning some silverware at the end of his career and also a chance of playing in the Champions League. He'll obviously get a nice wage aswell but imo it's not a stupid move at all, great move for both parties and I'm delighted that he has signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Johner wrote: »
    Stupid move? :confused: It's not like he's a young keeper just moving purely for money to sit on his hole for a few years of his career while he picks up a nice big paycheck. Don't think anyone can begrudge him the move he's 41 in October and at the end of his career. This means he doesn't have to move his family, he will get a good amount of game time anyway with the amount of games Chelsea are likely to have, good chance of winning some silverware at the end of his career and also a chance of playing in the Champions League. He'll obviously get a nice wage aswell but imo it's not a stupid move at all, great move for both parties and I'm delighted that he has signed.
    If he misses out on the world cup because of lack of first team opportunities I'm sure he'll call it a stupid move

Johner wrote: »
    It's not like he's a young keeper just moving purely for money to sit on his hole for a few years of his career while he picks up a nice big paycheck. Don't think anyone can begrudge him the move he's 41 in October and at the end of his career. This means he doesn't have to move his family, he will get a good amount of game time anyway with the amount of games Chelsea are likely to have, good chance of winning some silverware at the end of his career and also a chance of playing in the Champions League. He'll obviously get a nice wage aswell but imo it's not a stupid move at all, great move for both parties and I'm delighted that he has signed.

The below sums it up
    Quazzie wrote: »
    If he misses out on the world cup because of lack of first team opportunities I'm sure he'll call it a stupid move

Australia have some very good depth goalkeeper wise with Adam Federici, Mitch Langerak and Mat Ryan amongst others. Ryan in particular has just been snapped up by Brugge and will be playing week in, week out in a decent European league.

Cech has missed ten league games in total over the past five seasons, and just one Champions League game. At best, Chelsea will play 12 games in the FA and League cups combined.

This is what he said last week -
    A lot of the decisions I have made about my future have cantered around the national team and now that we have qualified for another World Cup my top priority is finding a club in the lead-in and getting as much game time as possible.

He's gone full circle on that.

Of course Chelsea fans are delighted, they have the best goalkeeper in the league from last season statistics wise as a safety net if anything happens Cech. It's an upgrade from Turnbull, Hilario and anyone else, but it does not help Australia to have their preferred choice warming the bench for 80-90% of the season.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »

Who are the other Australian goalies? Federici 2nd choice for Reading and Brad Jones 3rd choice at Liverpool. Not sure who the other goalies are but the manager is picking Lucas Neill who doesn't even have a club so I don't think he will have a problem picking Schwarzer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can't begrudge Schwarzer for moving to one big club before he retires IMO. You never know how a season will pan out and circumstances change he could end up playing a prominent role and playing an important role in possibly winning some trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Exactly, Austraila arent exactly in contention for WC Glory, he's served his country well over his career, he deserves a chance a top club

No one is begrudging him the move. The point is that it's going to hamper Australia's chances of doing well at the World Cup, something which he himself recognised by saying he wanted as much first team football as possible.

If it was next year, for example, it wouldn't be a problem but the World Cup is kinda big.
    miralize wrote: »
    Austraila arent exactly in contention for WC Glory

People were saying last year that Shay Given needed to move so he would have game time ahead of the Euros, where he looked very rusty, and Ireland weren't exactly going to win that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Leroy Fer is having a medical at Norwich according to vi.nl
    Fee around €8 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

What's the story with Higuain to Arsenal? It's quuoted in the paper over here that Perez has said Arsenal have not made any approach to date, so where the £23m figure has come out of I don't know.

Gerard Deulofeu looks like he's going on loan to Everton .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

inforfun wrote: »
    Leroy Fer is having a medical at Norwich according to vi.nl
    Fee around €8 million.

good signing at a good price if that goes through imo. Add that to Van Wolfswinkle and Norwich are impressing so far with the level of signings they can get.

Them and southampton are showing how just being in the premiership can be a massive lure to some highly rated talent if clubs chase them. Personally i'd like if Villa were in for a player like Fer at a price like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Gerard Deulofeu looks like he's going on loan to Everton .

Fantastic move for both parts. He needs first team football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Fer in Norwich today having his medical. Olsson reportedly as good as signed now, Alderwiereld is in talks. Some top notch signings and more to come I reckon. Interesting season lies ahead for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

kensutz wrote: »
    Fer in Norwich today having his medical. Olsson reportedly as good as signed now, Alderwiereld is in talks. Some top notch signings and more to come I reckon. Interesting season lies ahead for us.

Is that Blackburn's Olsson? Always thought he was too good to stay there

and Alderwiereld too would be very impressive. From reading the Liverpool thread it seems most Pool fans would be happy if he was starting beside Agger this season.

Olsson, Alderwiereld, Fer & Van Wolfswinkle

well played Nowrich

Yep Martin Olsson I'm hoping some sort of announcement to be made within the next day or 2.

Sorry folks, Richard Wright has signed a new one year deal so you'll have to explore other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

All Norwich need now is a decent manager and then they could do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Where Norwich also in for Ola Toivenen? Very impressed with the calibre they are going for so far.

Yep, talk about him joining has eased off at the minute. Also Nathan Redmond joining is an interesting prospect.

Olsson signed on a 4 year deal was just announced now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fantastic transfer window for Norwich, if all these signings go through, they should have no relegation worries this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well with their squad I expected them to finish bottom last season and they proved me quite wrong so he must be doing something right, especially with these signings which they certainly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Crystal Palace have signed Jerome Thomas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Chris Hughton has done a fantastic job for Norwich . They finished 11th last season and never looked to be in danger of dropping down . So I don't think you could label him a bad manager .

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Cheeky few quid on Norwich to finish in top half ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Fantastic transfer window for Norwich, if all these signings go through, they should have no relegation worries this year.

que relegation in march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

que relegation in march

When he signs aul Hermann Hreidarsson we'll talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think Chris Hughton is good manager. Lot to learn still but he far from
    A fool. He is managing a team who should be relagation candidates. Keeping them up is a achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Spurs move for Halilovic seems to have fallen through.

To further it, it seems he was looking for £1 million a year, a house and scholarships for his 2 brothers.

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball
    Everton have signed Barcelona youngster Gerard Deulofeu on a season-long loan.

Looking forward to seeing how he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

jes thought that olsen lad was a brother to the west brom defender till i say hes photo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

kevthegaff wrote: »
    jes thought that olsen lad was a brother to the west brom defender till i say hes photo!!

His brother is still at Blackburn, twin and another M for Marcus, I was hoping it would be buy one get one free.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Chris Hughton has done a fantastic job for Norwich . They finished 11th last season and never looked to be in danger of dropping down . So I don't think you could label him a bad manager .

If I'm not mistaken, Norwich did look in danger a couple of times of being really dragged into the relegation battle. They didn't start all too well, although draws against Arsenal and Spurs were credible results. Then around October - mid December the kicked on and defensively really locked down winning 6 and drawing the other 4 matches going undefeated in that period. From the 22nd of December is where things went downhill, all the way till midway in April they had only won a single game that being against Everton.

So, never looking to be danger of the drop isn't really correct, especially considering all the teams in the bottom half if not a couple more in the top half were fighting for safety with a month or so to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement