Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kryogen wrote: »
    Pep has rated many players highly

Going so far as to say Chygrynskiy would be vital to Barca, he spent a fair chunk of cash at that club and his signings overall wouldn't be the best tbf, in terms of value or overall contribution. In his, what 4 years was it? Barca spent in excess of 330million euro

I wouldn't get too excited by Pep rating a player really, but the confidence Thiago is showing by going to Munich is pretty good. Good luck to him there, cant see it being that much easier to break into and stay in then the Barca midfield!

Pep didn't sign anyone at Barca. He wasn't in charge of signings. He just gave opinions on the players they did sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seaneh wrote: »
    Pep didn't sign anyone at Barca. He wasn't in charge of signings. He just gave opinions on the players they did sign.

Its your honest opinion that he had no input on who was signed at all?

Honestly?

He had nothing to do with Chygrynskiy, Affelay, Villa, Ibra, Fabregas, Mascherano, Alves, Adriano, Keita, Maxwell, Kerrison, Hleb, Caceras etc etc etc

Nothing at all, wasn't even consulted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Honestly?

He had nothing to do with Chygrynskiy, Affelay, Villa, Ibra, Fabregas, Mascherano, Alves, Adriano, Keita, Maxwell, Kerrison, Hleb, Caceras etc etc etc

Whoever signed him was a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-pedro-chirivella-agrees-2053517

Liverpool after Valencia youngster Chirivella. I've heard he's supposed to be a great prospect- the latest in the line of excellent Valencia youth players. Would be disappointing to see him leave.

Best thing about this story though, is The Mirror's quality reporting on it:

'Chirivella was on the verge of joining Barcelona in 2001 after Valencia accepted a bid for him, but the player himself turned down the chance to join the Catalan giants.'

A wise decision to make, you have to respect that. Especially considering he apparently made the decision when he was 4 years old.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Honestly?

Obviously he had some input (particularly in the Fabregas deal from what I'm aware), but it's still difficult to gauge his ability in the transfer market based on what is known publicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jovetic to sign for City by the end of the week is the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jovetic to sign for City by the end of the week is the word.

Good signing if he can stay fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m
    Manchester United have just made a 30 million euros offer for Cesc Fabregas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m
    Manchester United have just made a 30 million euros offer for Cesc Fabregas.

*Awaits Arsenal bid of 29 million euros*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I know he played up front a lot of Barca, but losing Thiago means they'd be reluctant to sell Fabregas you'd imagine

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

*Awaits Arsenal bid of 29 million euros*

Well there are reports saying that if any offer is made for Fabregas in the deal involving him going to Barcelona, Arsenal have first refusal and it's set at 25 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Was told Arsenal have a first refusal with Barca for £25mil.

Any truth in that ?

Well there are reports saying that if any offer is made for Fabregas in the deal involving him going to Barcelona, Arsenal have first refusal and it's set at 25 million.

Do you believe that Barca paid £30 Million for him but Arsenal have a clause to buy him back for £25 Million. I'd find that very hard to believe.

Leiva wrote: »
    Was told Arsenal have a first refusal with Barca for £25mil.

Any truth in that ?

Not sure if there any truth in it, but has been widely reported and given how the negotiations between Barca and Arsenal went at the time I'd believe it could be true.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd find that very hard to believe.
    I found Arsenal selling Fabregas for £30m very hard to believe too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I cant see Barca selling 2 CM's in the same window, not of the caliber of Cesc and Thiago anyway.

I found Arsenal selling Fabregas for £30m very hard to believe too...

That's true but when the player wants to go there is not much you can do especially if he could of refused to play for Arsenal after denying him the opportunity to play for his boyhood club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I cant see Barca selling 2 CM's in the same window, not of the caliber of Cesc and Thiago anyway.

That depends on whether they are buying one. They still have Busker, Masc, Xavi and Iniesta for the more central positions, so they are not exactly stuck...

That's true but when the player wants to go there is not much you can do especially if he could of refused to play for Arsenal after denying him the opportunity to play for his boyhood club.
    That's true of every transfer.

• Advertisement

Especially if you are Robbie Keane! :D

Dickerty wrote: »
    That depends on whether they are buying one. They still have Busker, Masc, Xavi and Iniesta for the more central positions, so they are not exactly stuck...

Busquets and Mascherano operate in the same position more or less with the latter playing CB at occasions.

Xavi and Iniesta, 33 and 29 respectively arent exactly spring chickens, more so Xavi. I just cant see Barca selling Cesc, unless they're buying but who cuold they get for 30 million that a team is willing to sell that would be an upgrade on Cesc?

Iniesta is 29 now? ****ing hell.

Iniesta is 29 now? ****ing hell.

I actually had to Google it, I thought he was 27 max. :o

Xavi 34 in January and Iniesta 30 in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cant see Barcelona selling Fabregas after selling Thiago unless there is some clause for Fabregas to go through aswell. Barcelona have huge debts (~€600m) so FFP could be a factor that Man United are banking on.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cant see Barcelona selling Fabregas after selling Thiago unless there is some clause for Fabregas to go through aswell. Barcelona have huge debts (~€600m) so FFP could be a factor that Man United are banking on.

Assuming that anyone believes that the FFP plan will actually work...

PSG
    Monaco
    Anzhi
    City
    Chelsea
    et al...

• Advertisement

For their boyhood club? I don't think so.

Was referring to the forcing a move part. The boyhood club aspect isn't particularly important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

How did they accumulate such a huge debt?

Dickerty wrote: »
    Assuming that anyone believes that the FFP plan will actually work...

PSG
    Monaco
    Anzhi
    City
    Chelsea
    et al...

Monaco arent in European Competition yet so the rules dont apply to them and the new EPL TV deal and their own FFP which have helped Chelsea & Man City fall in line with the rules. Several clubs have received punishments, like withheld prizemoney, relating to FFP and have seen Malaga thrown out. Plenty of loopholes in FFP anyways but lumbering a debt of €600m is hard to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

FFP is nothing to do with debt is it? Or else United would be screwed.

• Advertisement

How did they accumulate such a huge debt?

Despite all the great work done by La Masia, Barcelona have been fairly shocking in the transfer market and in general the running costs are higher than what they turnover. The smugness of having sponsor less jerseys for all those years shows a lack a business acumen at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Despite all the great work done by La Masia, Barcelona have been fairly shocking in the transfer market and in general the running costs are higher than what they turnover. The smugness of having sponsor less jerseys for all those years shows a lack a business acumen at the club.

Do you know when their debts are due? I bet the other La Liga teams delighted waiting and for the opportunity to snatch their players.

some people still believe Sky Sports News are reliable :pac:

BPN_SfhCYAAsyPM.jpg:large

Good ol' Tancredi Palmeri says a Real Madrid offer of cash plus Higuain is imminent for Suarez.

If there's decent money involved Pool should take it with both hands.

Good ol' Tancredi Palmeri says a Real Madrid offer of cash plus Higuain is imminent for Suarez.

If there's decent money involved Pool should take it with both hands.

Hig + £10/£15mil and I can see it suiting both clubs, especially Liverpool as it keeps him out of a rivals hands.

Higuain needs to agree but and I can see that being a show stopper.

Hig + £10/£15mil and I can see it suiting both clubs, especially Liverpool as it keeps him out of a rivals hands.

Higuain needs to agree but and I can see that being a show stopper.

Higuain agreeing would be interesting as the lack of CL football would have to be a big factor for a player of his calibre.

Offer a few quid extra in wages and that could all change easily mind you.

Do you know when their debts are due? I bet the other La Liga teams delighted waiting and for the opportunity to snatch their players.

Banks are happy to hand them out loans like a badge of honour and then push repayment deadlines e.g. that £155m from several banks to service running costs back in 2010 which was highly questionable due to the total liabilities that had already. Then again, Spanish Banks are known for pissing money up against the wall.

Offer a few quid extra in wages and that could all change easily mind you.

Any idea what he is currently on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez for cash + Higuain is an absolute no-brainer if there's any truth in it.

i don't see Higuain agreeing to it though; plus I'd imagine Liverpool would HAVE to get CL football, especially if he has a stellar season, to keep him more than a year.

Any idea what he is currently on?

I've read roughly 85,000 euros a week and that's just over 70,000 sterling. A 50% pay increase would be a tempter I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Going to feel terrible for Arsenal fans if Higuain ends up going to Liverpool :D

I don't mean any disrespect to Liverpool but I'd be incredibly shocked were Higuain were to agree to that deal.

Also very rare any of the reported player plus cash transfers take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tancredi is an absolute bull**** merchant though, he just makes stuff up. He had jovetic to arsenal as a 'done deal' countless times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is this 5pm deadline for Hooper that Norwich have supposed set Celtic anything more than paper-talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Actually Barca have a Basketball team which is included in their financials that looses massive amounts of money (it's meant to be the best team in Europe) but that wouldn't be counted as part of FFP

Richard Dunne signs for QPR on a 1yr deal.

Richard Dunne signs for QPR on a 1yr deal.

Good for both parties I think, I can see QPR coming back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How many games will Dunne play though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

CSF wrote: »
    How many games will Dunne play though?

If fit, pretty much all of them I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JPA wrote: »
    If fit, pretty much all of them I'd say.

That was obviously the implication though, that he's highly likely to not be fit.

Advertisement