Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

CSF wrote: »
    That was obviously the implication though, that he's highly likely to not be fit.

Well he's had one season of not being fit, never had much issues before that.
    Just a case of whether he is over it. He passed a medical obviously so there must no fears there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

JPA wrote: »
    Well he's had one season of not being fit, never had much issues before that.
    Just a case of whether he is over it. He passed a medical obviously so there must no fears there.
    "Obviously he had his problems last season with the injury but there's an agreement in place that if he breaks down, the contract can be ended,"

"He's confident he'll be okay and from our point of view, if he doesn't have any problems with it then we've just signed a very, very good centre-half."

The contract is based around his injury problems, the medical would have shown the extent of the damage to his groin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jovetic to City.

Wanted/needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Emanuele Giaccherini has had his medical and signed a contract with Sunderland at their Italian training camp. It will be announced tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

lordgoat wrote: »
    Jovetic to City.

Wanted/needed?

Good player but had some fitness issues of late. Also he's never had a very prolific season. Lot of ability there though, very pacy, works hard and he loves to attack from deep and run at defenses.

Very talented lad , my money would be on him being a big success there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

lads, the fantasy football site is LIVE

tumblr_lvhg7ecmgj1r7u4j8o1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

And the prices are mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mental??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Steve Harper to Hull is a strange one. Thought he'd definitely go somewhere where he'd get first team football. I presume McGregor will start as first choice. Sometimes you wonder if players like sitting on a bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dunner has signed for QPR on a one year deal.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2013/0715/462629-dunne/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Having seen the reports of United bidding for Fabregas today and the talk of the clauses Arsenal
    have in relation to any transfer of Fabregas could Barcelona circumvent these.
    For example if they offered him in exchange for Rooney does this trigger any of the reported clauses.

I know that scenario is very unlikely just a thought that occured when I should have been working!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Good player but had some fitness issues of late. Also he's never had a very prolific season. Lot of ability there though, very pacy, works hard and he loves to attack from deep and run at defenses.

Very talented lad , my money would be on him being a big success there.

since the cruciate ligament injury 2 years ago he hasn't been too bad on the injury front. 27 goals in 58 league games since then, looking forward to seeing him provided it all goes through

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dortmund have signed Ryu. Here's a couple of vids showing off his special attacks:

Yes, Ryu in Street Fighter is Japanese. Shup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What happened to the Bayern kid, Usami?

miralize wrote: »

Back home playing with Gamba Osaka.. in the second tier of the J League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He is back with Gamba in J2. Going to Hoffenheim killed his Bundesliga chances.

edit - Damn it, Nuri.

Send Ryu over to us too, he's never getting into the BVB team :)

Oat23 wrote: »
    He is back with Gamba in J2. Going to Hoffenheim killed his Bundesliga chances.

edit - Damn it, Nuri.

Send Ryu over to us too, he's never getting into the BVB team :)

You know your Korean football, is he any good? Didn't get the chance to see much of the U20 World Cup myself, so I can only go on Youtube. The little things in the compilation can't help but see some similarities between him and Shinji. Involved in intricate moves, ability to ghost into positions between midfield and defence and seems comfortable with the ball with an eye for a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Shame, he looked pretty good whenever I saw him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dortmund have signed Ryu. Here's a couple of vids showing off his special attacks:
    His off the ball movement

Yes, Ryu in Street Fighter is Japanese. Shup!

Zangief Meireles would take him.
    Besides Ken is better anyway.

Shame, he looked pretty good whenever I saw him

Aye, in the bits n bobs I saw of him he did alright. Was in a lose-lose situation with Hoffenheim and never really got a chance with Bayern under Heynckes. He's still young, 20 or 21 and I can see him returning to Europe in the future.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You know your Korean football, is he any good? Didn't get the chance to see much of the U20 World Cup myself, so I can only go on Youtube. The little things in the compilation can't help but see some similarities between him and Shinji. Involved in intricate moves, ability to ghost into positions between midfield and defence and seems comfortable with the ball with an eye for a pass.

He played well at the WC but I had never seen him before that. The U-League doesn't get much coverage anywhere. Everything you said is right though, if he is suited to one league in Europe then it is the BL.

Usami - His contract is up with Gamba at the end of the season, but I think he'll re-sign if Gamba are promoted. His agent should be shot. Bayern and Hoffenheim? You found him the two teams in Germany that would give him the least chance of success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who does that ryu kid play for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who does that ryu kid play for?

Expecting to see him in the Dortmund reserves eh????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Expecting to see him in the Dortmund reserves eh????

With some luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giaccherini to Sunderland confirmed. £6.5m to be paid over three years as confirmed by the Juventus website. He's rumoured to be on £33,000 a week at Sunderland.

Superb piece of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Paully D wrote: »
    Giaccherini to Sunderland confirmed. £6.5m to be paid over three years as confirmed by the Juventus website. He's rumoured to be on £33,000 a week at Sunderland.

How many players is that Sunderland have bought this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BPTEtndCAAAivkg.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Right, now can everyone get moving with Suarez and Higuain?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mike65 wrote: »
    Suarez plus 20 million for Higuain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Suarez plus 20 million for Higuain.

Would it not be Higuain plus €20m for Suarez?

Will Ibrahimovic stay/where would he go?

Would it not be Higuain plus €20m for Suarez?

That's the rumoured offer(no guarantee Higuain will be up for it) but given Liverpools recent transfer history .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

That's the rumoured offer(no guarantee Higuain will be up for it) but given Liverpools recent transfer history .......

Haha true enough!

Arsenal could miss out badly if that goes through, would absolutely love to see them sign Ibra and get a serious winning mentality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Only a matter of time before Chelsea are banded about and it kinda makes sense.

We could afford his wages, we do need another CF, and Zlatan has spoken about his respect for Jose.

Will a deal happen, unlikely IMO, as the club has swayed away from the high profile, big spending 30 something year olds the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I would absolutely love to see Zlatan in the Premiership. It would be glorious even as an opposition fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

mike65 wrote: »

One please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Haha true enough!

Arsenal could miss out badly if that goes through, would absolutely love to see them sign Ibra and get a serious winning mentality!

Would that not be highly unlikely giving his snub of an offer of a trial from Wegner when he was younger. Doesn't sound like he had too much respect for him or the team.

Would that not be highly unlikely giving his snub of an offer of a trial from Wegner when he was younger. Doesn't sound like he had too much respect for him or the team.

Zlatan on Arsene :
    “It was a fantastic moment for me. Arsenal had a great team then and here was an Arsenal shirt made just for me.

“So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join Arsenal. But he didn’t even try.

“He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more ‘I want to see how good you are, what kind of player you are. Have a trial’.

“I couldn’t believe it. I was like ‘No way, Zlatan doesn’t do auditions’.

“I thought ‘You either know me or you don’t and if you don’t know me you can’t really want me’.

“You see, even back then I had great faith in myself, even though I was still young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Why the hell would Higuain move to Liverpool??

xtal191 wrote: »
    Why the hell would Higuain move to Liverpool??

Why not? Plenty of pounds and he might change his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yes!
    10-year-old Zak Gilsenan from Castleknock has been signed on by the Spanish champions for another two years

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

RasTa wrote: »
    Yes!

Just don't post his picture or you might get an angry legal threat.

RasTa wrote: »
    Yes!
    Is he not too young to be "signed"? or have they just committed to bringing him up through the ranks for another two years?

Probably on a scholarship deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Is he not too young to be "signed"? or have they just committed to bringing him up through the ranks for another two years?

2 years of free tuition at their school and a place on their underage teams.

And probably a "job" for his auld lad, which is something Barca have been doing for years to get around the laws against signing overseas players who are under 18.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just don't post his picture or you might get an angry legal threat.

JaMarcus Hustle will let us use his!
    9CMd4.jpg

That post won the internet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Why not? Plenty of pounds and he might change his mind.
    Still pretty unlikely; there are lots of teams who could offer him a pay rise.

Still pretty unlikely; there are lots of teams who could offer him a pay rise.

True but Liverpool have somebody Real apparently want, on the flipside would Higuain even entertain a switch to Liverpool, I'd have my doubts but I wouldnt rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Paully D wrote: »

You think this move spells the end of McClean's time at Sunderland?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

GavRedKing wrote: »
    True but Liverpool have somebody Real apparently want, on the flipside would Higuain even entertain a switch to Liverpool, I'd have my doubts but I wouldnt rule it out.
    That's good for Real but realistically Higuain is rather unlikely to let himself be used as their makeweight if he's got better offers elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement