Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

jamc wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to see Zlatan in the Premiership. It would be glorious even as an opposition fan.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Agreed, Chelsea - do us all a favour and just sign him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That's good for Real but realistically Higuain is rather unlikely to let himself be used as their makeweight if he's got better offers elsewhere.

This is true but if Real refuse the Arsenal deal, short of handing in a transfer request where he'll potentially lose out on any bonus, I cant see what he can do other then sit tight.

If Real dont sign Suarez he'll be in Madrid for another year fighting with Benzema as REals optinos, other then Suarez arent looking to promising.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, it's early enough yet. Plenty of time for Arsenal, Napoli or any number of other teams to go back in for him. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a concrete offer from a CL club before the end of the window.

Well, it's early enough yet. Plenty of time for Arsenal, Napoli or any number of other teams to go back in for him. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a concrete offer from a CL club before the end of the window.

I think it hinges on who Real get in to replace him, if theres no move for Suarez then I reckon he'll stay put.

Someone mentioned Zlatan to Real but I'd be very surprised if that came about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How many players is that Sunderland have bought this summer?

9 so far, although two of those will be used in the development squad this year so it's really 7 first team players. Peruzzi, Mavrias and a left back are still expected to join, so by the end of the window it will probably total 10 first team players in. It's much needed though given how poor our squad was.

Net spend has been around £7m with £12m incoming and £19m outgoing so far.
    TaosHum wrote: »
    You think this move spells the end of McClean's time at Sunderland?

I reckon the club would sell him, but it's hard to say for sure.

Johnson and Gaccherini will be first choice wingers with Mavrias as cover for the right, but on the left we don't really have any other back up. Karlsson can play there, but he's more of an out and out forward from what I understand, so the club might just stick with McClean as back up.

In any case he certainly won't be first choice and will be resigned to substitute appearances for the vast majority of the season and I also wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a relatively unknown younger player in place of him either.

Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep at all if he was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Is it true Ancelotti can't bring any PSG players with him to Madrid for 1 year?

Heard it from a "friend of a friend" with no source, could be total nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is it true Ancelotti can't bring any PSG players with him to Madrid for 1 year?

Heard it from a "friend of a friend" with no source, could be total nonsense.

My guess is your friend of a friend was watching ESPN Press Pass, the lad who deals with French football said it there last night.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My guess is your friend of a friend was watching ESPN Press Pass, the lad who deals with French football said it there last night.

So there must be some truth to it? Could rule out a move for Ibrahimovic to Spain and Barca would probably be the only others who could afford him.

Chelsea/City looks likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So there must be some truth to it? Could rule out a move for Ibrahimovic to Spain and Barca would probably be the only others who could afford him.

Chelsea/City looks likely

It was Julien Laurens who said it. https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien

Depends on how credible you think he is.

• Advertisement

He has absolutely zero credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Talksport moaning about PSG and Financial Fair Play :o They roll out the red carpet when City/Chelsea sign someone big though, as you'd expect being English clubs I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

xtal191 wrote: »
    Why the hell would Higuain move to Liverpool??

I'm far from being a Liverpool fan but posts like this upset me/make me feel very old. Liverpool are one of the great clubs on Europe. I'd like to think that no short-term lack of success can take that allure away for some players.

I'm sure that they pay fair money as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

No disrespect to Liverpool or their fans but I just dont see Higuain going to a club that isnt in the Champions League, its what most players want these days. Well that and money.

Talksport moaning about PSG and Financial Fair Play :o They roll out the red carpet when City/Chelsea sign someone big though, as you'd expect being English clubs I suppose.

Nothing new there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rooney is unhappy

BPUAZXuCIAAQxns.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm far from being a Liverpool fan but posts like this upset me/make me feel very old. Liverpool are one of the great clubs on Europe. I'd like to think that no short-term lack of success can take that allure away for some players.

I'm sure that they pay fair money as well.
    It's one thing for a player to be seduced by a team's past glories or the potential to be part of a major project, quite another to be the make weight in a transfer swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rooney is unhappy

BPUAZXuCIAAQxns.png:large

Eh...

Unhappy and confused.....

No different to any other day then!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

xtal191 wrote: »
    No disrespect to Liverpool or their fans but I just dont see Higuain going to a club that isnt in the Champions League, its what most players want these days. Well that and money.

It's also a World Cup year too. If the likes of Arsenal and other CL competing clubs don't get their act together, and the next month or so passes by without an transfer yactivity for both Higuain and Suarez... who knows? A deal could be struck.

Still a long shot for sure, Higuain going to Liverpool as part of a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Roma certainly know how to welcome a player! Strootman arriving at the airport, greeted by the fans.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Danny Graham is on his way back to England to move elsewhere, 6 months after a £5m move. Looks like Hull is the destination after Bruce confirmed interest in him the other day.

Another masterstroke of a signing from the genius that is Martin O'Neill. I still don't think I've got over the embarrassment of seeing us chasing him from the beginning of January right down to deadline day.

As I said in January, Graham isn't a bad player, but this move was never going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Random commenter gold from the BBC article
    got to love this saga, started by fergy, who felt moyes wouldn't be able to control rooney. so being the puppet master stepped in and made rooney the bad guy by saying he asked for a move (which I believe he didn't)

so it would be easy for moyes to look good in the affair. which undermines moyes, sort of shows fergy lack of complete faith in moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Paully D wrote: »
    Danny Graham is on his way back to England to move elsewhere, 6 months after a £5m move. Looks like Hull is the destination after Bruce confirmed interest in him the other day.

Another masterstroke of a signing from the genius that is Martin O'Neill. I still don't think I've got over the embarrassment of seeing us chasing him from the beginning of January right down to deadline day.

As I said in January, Graham isn't a bad player, but this move was never going to work.
    A new manager is always going to see things differently and not fancy certain players. O'Neill was gone before Graham got much of a chance to show what he could do and looking back in hindsight is silly imo.

Graham wasn't helped by Fletcher getting injured as he's no targetman.

Palmeri on Twitter is at it again, spouting some ****e about Atletico Madrid close to signing Cazorla from Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Cazorla could be off to Atletico Madrid according to Marca.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Palmeri on Twitter is at it again, spouting some ****e about Atletico Madrid close to signing Cazorla from Arsenal.

People need to some research of their own . He's quoting Marca ,.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    People need to some research of their own . He's quoting Marca ,.

His full Tweet -
    Spnish press is pretty confident that A.Madrid is close to Sign Cazorla, what a lose that would be for Arsenal.

Now when I see Marca and especially Palmeri Tweeting transfer rumours I'd be inclined to get the salt ready and in large doses.

His full Tweet -

Now when I see Marca and especially Palmeri Tweeting transfer rumours I'd be inclined to get the salt ready and in large doses.

When did I say for you to do otherwise ?

Jax Teller wrote: »
    When did I say for you to do otherwise ?

You didnt, hes answered a tweet or two and he said hes surprised by how confident they are (marca) He said they (marca) dont link, they say on the verge etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cavani has completed his gigantic move to PSG from Napoli for £55 million. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23335325

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing more than a shot back from Real at us over us stirring up the Suarez pot on them.

Cazorla to Atletico, hmm, sounds entirely plausible to me alright...

cson wrote: »
    Nothing more than a shot back from Real at us over us stirring up the Suarez pot on them.

Its Atletico that are meant to be in for Cazorla, not Real.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Its Atletico that are meant to be in for Cazorla, not Real.

would imagine that he is implying Madrid are using Marca to stir the pot

would imagine that he is implying Madrid are using Marca to stir the pot

D'oh, that actaully went straight over my head, woops. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

United refuse a formal bid for Rooney from Chelski. Source: SSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fascinating turn of events. Torres out Rooney in or keep both with Ba and Lukaku? Could be quite potent attack when everyone is fit. Which to me would be the concern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Robinho being linked with Monaco.

Please let this be true!

\o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

mike65 wrote: »
    Fascinating turn of events. Torres out Rooney in or keep both with Ba and Lukaku? Could be quite potent attack when everyone is fit. Which to me would be the concern.

Torres will be sold

Torres will be sold

Who would take him and his wages? Would need one hell of a golden handshake from Chelsea to get anyone to take 2013's Fernando Torres on on 2010's Fernando Torres' salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SlickRic wrote: »

Went to see if I could a few euro on at decent odds and its 1/2 already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will it be

SNN13BB02N-682_753623a.jpg

or

deal+or+no+deal+1p.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Seems PSG have pipped Monaco to Digne.

The player has passed his medical and will soon sign a contract worth €260,000 per month, €15M fee.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Seems PSG have pipped Monaco to Digne.

The player has passed his medical and will soon sign a contract worth €260,000 per month, €15M fee.
    The Lille left back? :confused:

Chelsea Statement :
    "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

"Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is currently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase price does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The Lille left back? :confused:
    Yeah thats the one, he looked good in the impressive french u20s but struggled badly to block crosses in 1 of the games.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Napoli in for Higuain.

De Laurentiis said they got €120m to spend in the market they have brought in Maertens, Rafael Cabral, Callejon and maybe Albiol so they have plenty of money left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Chelsea Statement :

Would certainly make more sense.

Although it's strange to see BBC running the story with a picture of Mata and Luiz in the main picture. They don't usually put something up unless they're pretty sure. Although in the article itself they don;t say anything.

Who actually reported the Mata/Luiz side of the story?

Personally I think it would be a great signing for Chelsea and probably a good move for Rooney as well. I'd be tempted to stick a few bob on him as top goal scorer if he were to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Mata would make no sense whatsover in this instance though, seeing as Chelsea have made the first move. They are never going to offer a straight swap or money plus Mata for Rooney. It would have to be the other way round. It might be possible to consider Luiz, but again doubtful.

Heard it was rumoured to be just a £10m offer for Rooney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement