Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bale off to real madrid

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bale off to real madrid

Anyone other than Football365/Talksport/Marca or similar reporting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Bale off to real madrid

Don't be getting peoples hopes up or down with that.

Source is Marca and doesnt seem to be anything concrete there.

Don't they come out with this sort of stuff all the time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why on earth they passed up Thiago Silva is beyond me. They could have gotten him at any point in the last 2-3 years. Perfect for Barca imo

I'd say it has a lot more to do with PSG not wanting to sell him and Barca bot wanting to have to meet his buyout clause, which, seeing as PSG paid €42 million for him is probably well €60 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Bale off to real madrid

Your username is what I'm thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Marca reporting Bale to Madrid almost a done deal for £100m (yes that's pounds - 116 milion euro)

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/23/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1374576956.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bale and Ronaldo on the pitch at the same time would be a nightmare to contend with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

if Real get Bale i can see them winning La Liga ahead of Barca

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Must say I like the team Spurs are putting together if they sign Soldado

Hugo Lloris
    Assou-Ekotto
    Kyle Walker
    Kaboul / Dawson
    Vertonghen
    Sandro
    Mousa Dembélé
    Paulinho
    AM*
    Bale
    Soldado

*Holtby / Aaron Lennon / Sigurðsson / Parker (obviously someone else could go more advanced) / Nacer Chadli

i'd imagine they might want another CB/LB long term and Ade would be likely to leave but the personal there (once kept) would make me think they will be in the hunt for a CL spot again.

100m just sounds mad for Bale or anyone tbh, id love to see Spurs spend it though based on how they have spent recently, but i dont think that will happen, at least not at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

MD1990 wrote: »
    if Real get Bale i can see them winning La Liga ahead of Barca

If Real don't get Bale I can see them winning La Liga? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1416:
    FOOTBALL
    BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "Gareth Bale's future is far from certain but I'm told there is no agreement with Real Madrid, yet, and that he has not asked to leave."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Morzadec wrote: »
    Marca reporting Bale to Madrid almost a done deal for £100m (yes that's pounds - 116 milion euro)

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/23/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1374576956.html

May be wrong about this amount actually, didn't read the article properly.

It only says that Levy asked for £100m. They're saying it could be a player plus cash deal involving Jese Rodriguez

Bale is insanely over priced if those figures are true.

It's idiocy, nothing more than willy waving by Real to prove they can hang with the Sheiks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Seaneh wrote: »

It's idiocy, nothing more than willy waving by Real to prove they can hang with the Sheiks.

so long as they know they only do 3 waves!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This summer has been utterly daft. Milan are trying to buy Honda for what €4m while any striker worth a damn is now apparently worth €30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd say it has a lot more to do with PSG not wanting to sell him and Barca bot wanting to have to meet his buyout clause, which, seeing as PSG paid €42 million for him is probably well €60 million.

Sure but they could have bought him from Milan.

£100m for Bale. Lol. Madness. Anything over 60m would be utter lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I know this might mean nothing to a lot in here but this man is a very very reliable source for Arsenal news generally, has links to the club sommehow, just tweeted this

DC ‏@DLDN22 3m Reason for my excitement is I've just had it from a top source that Suarez is "9/10 joining Arsenal" #afc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I know this might mean nothing to a lot in here but this man is a very very reliable source for Arsenal news generally, has links to the club sommehow, just tweeted this

DC ‏@DLDN22 3m Reason for my excitement is I've just had it from a top source that Suarez is "9/10 joining Arsenal" #afc

is that AFCamden?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Apparently negotiations between Valencia and Spurs over Soldado have broken down.

elefant wrote: »
    Apparently negotiations between Valencia and Spurs over Soldado have broken down.

Real offering Gonzalo as part of an offer for Bale maybe?

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is that AFCamden?

It is indeed under his new username ;).

Real offering Gonzalo as part of an offer for Bale maybe?

Levi not spending 25mil to save his life is probably more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't see how you can fit in Ronaldo, Ozil, Isco & Bale into the one side ? That's not even including Di Maria who isn't exactly a bad player .

It is indeed under his new username ;).

that'd be fúcking brilliant if it happens, and can you imagine some of the people in the thread, the 'class' crowd/saurez haters :pac:

did he mention the anything on the Bernard deal?
    geoffarsenal has said he knows nothings about it

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Don't see how you can fit in Ronaldo, Ozil, Isco & Bale into the one side ? That's not even including Di Maria who isn't exactly a bad player .

Im sure it's a dilemma many a manager would love to have though
    that'd be fúcking brilliant if it happens, and can you imagine some of the people in the thread, the 'class' crowd/saurez haters :pac:

did he mention the anything on the Bernard deal?
    geoffarsenal has said he knows nothings about it

No mention of the Bernard deal just Suarez, they both are credible sources but don't know everything so Bernard could still be happening the player himself was very cryptic in press conference.

No mention of the Bernard deal just Suarez, they both are credible sources but don't know everything so Bernard could still be happening the player himself was very cryptic in press conference.

just looked it up there, the 'hands of the board' comment you're on about is it

just looked it up there, the 'hands of the board' comment you're on about is it

Yeh he didn't rule it out just said he was focusing on the Copa Libertoires cup match and it was in the hands of the board come Thursday which would fit along with other reports been thrown about in South America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jax Teller wrote: »

When has that ever stopped Madrid from making a purchase before? The last 15 years has seen them continually try to make this kind of policy work and it has been hit and miss at best when it comes to the trophy they really want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

When has that ever stopped Madrid from making a purchase before? The last 15 years has seen them continually try to make this kind of policy work and it has been hit and miss at best when it comes to the trophy they really want.

A "Buy all the players!" meme pretty much has Real Madrid described in one.

Almost like a 12 year old playing Football Manager; where does anyone fit? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's Real Madrid. Few things that club do make any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I wonder if thats the same source that said Sahin was 9/10 to join arsenal last year :P

I wonder if thats the same source that said Sahin was 9/10 to join arsenal last year :P

Oh you mean the same payer who was Arsenal's and his prefered destination until Arsenal backed out and let Liverpool have? The same player who worked out so well for Liverpool :P.

Pick your battles ;):p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sahin was rode by Rodgers. Played in a position that wasn't his best and in and out of the team. I guess BR had to stick to his guns and back the guy he'd spent £16m on. I've no doubt Sahin would have been a very very good signing for us and would certainly have contributed to the team. In fact we probably could do with him this season, we're pretty short in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Actually think it was funnily enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Il believe it when i see it ,9/10, that 1/10 covers him if/when it doesn't happen, sick of all this speculation sh1te, been a daft transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cson wrote: »
    Sahin was rode by Rodgers. Played in a position that wasn't his best and in and out of the team. I guess BR had to stick to his guns and back the guy he'd spent £16m on. I've no doubt Sahin would have been a very very good signing for us and would certainly have contributed to the team. In fact we probably could do with him this season, we're pretty short in midfield.

Rodgers didn't spend £16m on Gerrard. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Presumably that's Allen, who didn't cost 16 million either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gerrard was playing in Sahins position though. If Sahin was played in a position that wasn't his natural he'd have been in the team ahead of Allen.

mike65 wrote: »
    Presumably that's Allen, who didn't cost 16 million either.

15m was it ?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You're talking like I'm not here. I have feelings you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Gazzetta are saying Higuain to Napoli is done bar some nitty gritty over image rights. Great signing by Napoli.

I wasn't too keen on Albiol or Callejon but Pipita would be an excellent replacement for Cavani, about as good as they could have hoped for really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Imagine how poor Eden Hazard felt last year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

cson wrote: »
    Sahin was rode by Rodgers.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »

How did he leave ya feeling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fabregas hasn't been included in Barcelona's squad for their next two pre-season matches in Munich and Norway. Is he injured?

Fabregas hasn't been included in Barcelona's squad for their next two pre-season matches in Munich and Norway. Is he injured?

Are any of the lads who where at the Confederations cup in the squad ?

Just checked this and none of them are in the squad so that explains it .

[1/2] Squad for Bayern/Valerenga: Pinto, Oier, Montoya, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano, Song, Dos Santos, Sergi Roberto, Alexis, Messi, Tello

[2/2] Squad for Bayern/Valerenga: Patric, S.Gomez, Planas, Ilie, Quintilla, Samper, Espinosa, Kiko Femenia, Dongou, Joan Roman, Dani Nieto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Guardian are reporting that Arsenal are gonna bid 1 pound over Suarez's buy out clause to get permission to speak to Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Guardian are reporting that Arsenal are gonna bid 1 pound over Suarez's buy out clause to get permission to speak to Suarez

Arsenal find it hard to part with their money as it is.
    I doubt they will blow a pound just to talk to the guy, when matching it alone will do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Suarez is obviously interested in a move to Arsenal. The club will have spoken to his representatives and Arsenal wouldn't have bothered making an initial bid if there wasn't mutual interest.

I did laugh when Liverpool came out and said his buy out clause means that they just have to let Suarez know there has been a bid. The player himself will have known about an incoming bid before it even arrives to the club and unless his clause is different to all other buy out clauses, it's up to the player what he wants to do when it has been met.

Given everything he has said about wanting to leave England, it would be absolutely magnificent if he ends up at Arsenal, just to see everyones reaction :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Suarez is obviously interested in a move to Arsenal. The club will have spoken to his representatives and Arsenal wouldn't have bothered making an initial bid if there wasn't mutual interest.

I did laugh when Liverpool came out and said his buy out clause means that they just have to let Suarez know there has been a bid. The player himself will have known about an incoming bid before it even arrives to the club and unless his clause is different to all other buy out clauses, it's up to the player what he wants to do when it has been met.

Given everything he has said about wanting to leave England, it would be absolutely magnificent if he ends up at Arsenal, just to see everyones reaction :pac:

What but out clause? Is there one at all. You seem to be just rehashing rag and twit rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What but out clause? Is there one at all. You seem to be just rehashing rag and twit rumours

I have to agree with you on that . If Luis goes to Arsenal then he goes but why in the hell would you Lowball in the beginning with £30 million . I wonder is this Arsenal saying we want X, Y and Z so if they don't make a big name signing they can say at press conferences " But we tried to get X, Y and Z "

• Advertisement
Advertisement