Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Giuseppe Rossi is fit again after a bad injury and he was top class when he was on form.

Napoli are doing some great business

They've already brought in Callejon, Mertens, Albiol, Rafael and Higuain (as good as)

Now they're after Jackson Martinez and Marco Verratti.

Some squad they are putting together.

Its almost too good.
    Thinking of starting a kickstarter for Milan to try get some transfer funds. This shìt with Honda is fuçking tedious at this stage. I am delusionally optimistic that Galliani will let slip that we might get a nice bigish name signing late in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They will also have adjustment issues. Lots of new starters, new coach with new tactics.
    True. I can see them starting a new chapter altogether instead of trying to blend everyone in. Could be a great era for the club as they're in very good financial nick as well as everything else.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Its almost too good.
    Thinking of starting a kickstarter for Milan to try get some transfer funds. This shìt with Honda is fuçking tedious at this stage. I am delusionally optimistic that Galliani will let slip that we might get a nice bigish name signing late in the window.
    I'd say Eriksen will be as big as it gets and even that is looking less likely by the day. Boateng out, Eriksen in will probably be the only way it happens too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

astonaidan wrote: »
    I love a good Liverpool/Arsenal bitch fest as much as the next, any chance a Everton fan wants to start a Villa/Everton debate?? Like I know Everton finished above us but how much European Cups have ye won :pac:

we finish above you every season. Only benteke would get in the Everton team. Maybe have a debate with a norwich/southampton fan

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They will also have adjustment issues. Lots of new starters, new coach with new tactics.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

eh i dunno wrote: »
    we finish above you every season. Only benteke would get in the Everton team. Maybe have a debate with a norwich/southampton fan
    Really you want to do this bro!
    youve recently finished higher than us, when Villa finished where in 2009/2010
    You might want to look at whose won more european cups aswell,
    Take it to the bank Son, take it to the bank!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Are you really going to try and debate Villa being a better team than Everton?

Sky were reporting that Cardiff had a bid accepted for Capoue from Toulouse.
    £8.6m, don't know much about him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Apparently Capoue has refused to take part in talks with Cardiff. Bit of a kick in the shtones!

so what villa players would get in the Everton team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Cardiff are really struggling at persuading players to join them, first Ince and now Capoue.

West Brom's move for Kalou has broken down, as he wants to play as a striker while they want him to play on the wings. West Brom have made a loan move for Vydra, surprised there has not been more interest in him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,582 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lowton, Weimann, Benteke, maybe Vlaar. Have to see what these new lads are like also.

CSF wrote: »
    Lowton, Weimann, Benteke, maybe Vlaar. Have to see what these new lads are like also.

would rate Coleman as a better right back than lowton, don't think vlaar is a better centre half than jagielka or distin and would have kone over weimann. Honestly could only see benteke getting into evertons team

would rate Coleman as a better right back than lowton, don't think vlaar is a better centre half than jagielka or distin and would have kone over weimann. Honestly could only see benteke getting into evertons team
    Does Kone not lead the line like Benteke? Would have thought it'd be Mirallas that Weimann would be beating to a place in the team. Would have Lowton over Coleman and not much between Distin and Vlaar for me. The key difference between Villa and Everton last year was the continuity that Moyes brought, and a few weak links in the Villa team. I'd still be expecting Everton to finish ahead of Villa next season though.

Does Kone not lead the line like Benteke? Would have thought it'd be Mirallas that Weimann would be beating to a place in the team. Would have Lowton over Coleman and not much between Distin and Vlaar for me. The key difference between Villa and Everton last year was the continuity that Moyes brought, and a few weak links in the Villa team. I'd still be expecting Everton to finish ahead of Villa next season though.

mirallas is one of our best players. Doubt many would rate weimann ahead of him tbh

mirallas is one of our best players. Doubt many would rate weimann ahead of him tbh
    I'm a big Weimann fan and with the 4 year age gap there is no question who I'd be picking. Insanely underrated player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What is there an Everton/Villa Player vs player comparative in the Summer Transfer thread?

Panthro wrote: »
    What is there an Everton/Villa Player vs player comparative in the Summer Transfer thread?
    There is. Any more questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sky were reporting that Cardiff had a bid accepted for Capoue from Toulouse.
    £8.6m, don't know much about him tbh.

He was in my list of players I reckon would improve United's midfield. Tidy player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

There is. Any more questions?

There is? But that's just crazy.
    Ahh screw it, I'm off to watch some Dynasty.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    He was in my list of players I reckon would improve United's midfield. Tidy player.

That'd be a pretty big list of candidates to be fair!

• Advertisement

That'd be a pretty big list of candidates to be fair!

Filter out unrealistic targets and people I haven't seen play and I still had it at around 40 :eek::

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85524461&postcount=9507

Filter out unrealistic targets and people I haven't seen play and I still had it at around 40 :eek::

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85524461&postcount=9507

I enjoyed that post!

Off the top of my head I'd even throw in:

Kevin Prince Boateng (Milan)
    Marco Verratti (PSG)
    Beñat Etxebarria(Real Betis)
    Younes Belhanda (Montpellier)
    Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)
    Ezequiel Cirigliano (River Plate)
    Ganso (Sao Paulo)

I'm sure there are several more as well and if United were willing to spend big, players the calibre of Hernanes (Lazio) etc. could even be on the cards!

According to Sky Italia Inter made a move for Kondogbia but were told that R.Madrid are close to buying him from Sevilla (although he would stay another year on loan there).

I enjoyed that post!

Marco Verratti (PSG)
    Beñat Etxebarria(Real Betis)
    Younes Belhanda (Montpellier)
    Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)
    Ezequiel Cirigliano (River Plate)
    Ganso (Sao Paulo)

I'm sure there are several more as well and if United were willing to spend big, players the calibre of Hernanes (Lazio) etc. could even be on the cards!

Thanks! Agree on Veratti but 10 days ago I thought he would be unrealistic, apparently now contract talks are stalling though.

I enjoyed that post!

Marco Verratti (PSG)
    1. Beñat Etxebarria(Real Betis)
    2. Younes Belhanda (Montpellier)
    3. Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)
    4. Ezequiel Cirigliano (River Plate)

Ganso (Sao Paulo)

1. Gone to Bilbao.
    2. Gone to Kiev.
    3. He`s OURS!!!!!
    4. Now at Hellas Verona. Seriously, a loan with option to buy.

Thanks! Agree on Veratti but 10 days ago I thought he would be unrealistic, apparently now contract talks are stalling though.

Yeah he's on €800k and wants €3m. They only want to give him €1.6m.

Napoli are circling and had a big bid turned down but if wages are the only issue, I can see PSG just throwing some more money at him and letting that be that.

1. Gone to Bilbao.
    2. Gone to Kiev.
    3. He`s OURS!!!!!
    4. Now at Hellas Verona. Seriously, a loan with option to buy.

Well that's embarrassing! I didn't research those few names to see if they had moved recently though, was just off the top of my head! :o

And I know Honda's ours, just trying to show others what they've missed out on :pac:

Number 4 has surprised me, and I'd have liked to see Belhanda move to a bigger club

Number 4 has surprised me

Cirigliano is a mystery alrite. But I suspect he'll be a bit like Quintero in a nice while he lasts stay, although he and Jorginho should be fun though.
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/07/26/4143427/galliani-hopes-honda-will-be-final-summer-signing?ICID=OP
    You cheap prick Addy G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Don't shoot the messenger BUT a guy I know in Russia who is very well connected in the sports industry there says that Anzhi have offered Sir Alex a huge wedge to give them a dig out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Don't shoot the messenger BUT a guy I know in Russia who is very well connected in the sports industry there says that Anzhi have offered Sir Alex a huge wedge to give them a dig out.

A good a rumour as the british media's thiago to united one was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dempsey wrote: »
    A good a rumour as the british media's thiago to united one was!

Rene Meulensteen has taken over with Hiddink gone and was on the radio in the last hour or two over there talking about Fergie being offered an advisory role.

Again, just passing on the info for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Been away from the thread for a few days and I am still in a mild state of shock over the Higuain transfer. I know Arsenal fans probably will not agree, but I think he ended up going for a sum closer to his true evaluation. I can't wait to see him at the San Paulo this year along with Meertens and Callejon.

All that nice warm fuzzy feeling is still tempered by the fact that right now the papers are pushing three big stories, Martinez, Veratti and curiously a potential return for Lavezzi, though Lord knows only why.....

Not a defender in sight. In a Rafa Benitez team. Albiol does not convince me. I actually just do not know how this will work out. New system, bedding in periods, Mazzari's tactics of 3 years being overhauled. I have faith in the manager and the players Bigon has brought in but I still look at that defence and feel there could be a repeat of the same old issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

DeLaurentis has tweeted to say the Veratti story is all agent and paper talk designed to aid the player in contract negotiations. So looks like that may well be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Has Hooper singed for Norwich yet?

Today, passed his medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

SSN saying spurs talking to bale about a new contract. Don't see why tbh, if rumours are true that real are willing to pay £70/80m for him, I'd bite the hand off them. Great player, but that sort of money, spent well, could propel spurs to the next level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

LiamoSail wrote: »
    SSN saying spurs talking to bale about a new contract. Don't see why tbh, if rumours are true that real are willing to pay £70/80m for him, I'd bite the hand off them. Great player, but that sort of money, spent well, could propel spurs to the next level

He will still be worth that next season if he signs a new contract. He is currently worth more to the club in terms of attracting players, sponsors and new fans than he is in a straight sale to Madrid. Spurs dont look like they are short of cash to sign new players if they are going to spend £25m on soldado and have already spent £17m + £7m on Paulinhio and Chandi. Once Bale is sold it will also mean that Spurs will be buying in an inflated market. Think if Spurs keep Bale and get Soldado and a new LB then they will get CL next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

baraca wrote: »
    Are you really going to try and debate Villa being a better team than Everton?

Are ye guys actually idiots, I was taking the piss out of Liverpool and Arsenal having a gay off as to who was the bigger team. From the prospective Liverpool have more European cups but havent recently been as successful. The exact same thing as Villa/Everton.
    Christ some people should learn how to read :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So....Everton are bigger then Villa?

Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

GavRedKing wrote: »

Cool.
    That was last season.:P

Next season could see a big change in a lot of relative positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

kensutz wrote: »

That must be what this FB status was about then;
    Norwich City FC
    TRANSFER NEWS: We will be bringing you news of City's seventh summer signing at 2pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

GavRedKing wrote: »

Cool.

They are bigger and better than the pool now!! The blues are delighted lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

^^Lol^^

96,000 attendance just gone in Melbourne Australia and 86,000 in Jakarta.

We ain't gone away you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Leiva wrote: »
    Lol.

96,000 attendance just gone in Melbourne Australia.

Oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lol.

96,000 attendance just gone in Melbourne Australia.

Ninja edit LOL.

:pac: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Norwich have signed Gary Hooper for an undisclosed fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looks like Kevin Doyle will be his replacement.

What's happened to him, 5th choice at a league 1 club. He looked really promising in his first 4 or 5 seasons at Reading.

Edit: I see he's 30 in two months, didn't think he was that old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

^^Lol^^

96,000 attendance just gone in Melbourne Australia and 86,000 in Jakarta.

We ain't gone away you know.

LMFAO at you reacting..I knew a pool fan would be straight in following that..

Next year

YNFA

On a serious note Everton are the better side at the moment. They really do have a fantastic side IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LMFAO at you reacting..I knew a pool fan would be straight in following that..

Next year

YNFA

Looking forward to school starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

kensutz wrote: »
    Very astute purchases from Norwich. You guys should easily be safe from relegation next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Optimistic about next season, still need another striker and defense to be boosted. Some very good signings and Quagliarella is still thinking about joining.

• Advertisement
Advertisement