Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mata is a comfortably the best of the 3 at the minute in my opinion.

Never had the highest opinion of Silva for some reason.

This is Kagawa's season to make his mark.

As I said, Mata is a genius, absolutely brilliant player. Has improved so much since coming to Chelsea, never thought he would be anything better then a Navas or a Joaquin when I was watching him in Spain.

Hopefully Kag gets a decent run in the team this year, and stays clear of injuries, when he plays he creates and is more then capable of scoring too. If used correctly he could be an integral player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

kryogen wrote: »
    As I said, Mata is a genius, absolutely brilliant player. Has improved so much since coming to Chelsea, never thought he would be anything better then a Navas or a Joaquin when I was watching him in Spain.

Hopefully Kag gets a decent run in the team this year, and stays clear of injuries, when he plays he creates and is more then capable of scoring too. If used correctly he could be an integral player

Agreed

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kondogbia should be signing for Monaco this week now his they activated his £17M release clause. Excellent signing. Scary how much Sevilla have been raided this summer due to their financial problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Kondogbia should be signing for Monaco this week now his they activated his £17M release clause. Excellent signing. Scary how much Sevilla have been raided this summer due to their financial problems.

Source? This been confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If true Arsenal are morons he`d suit them down to the ground, he`ll be a better signing than Cabaye would for them imo.

GTR63 wrote: »
    If true Arsenal are morons he`d suit them down to the ground, he`ll be a better signing than Cabaye would for them imo.

I agree don't think Cabaye is what Arsenal need at all, would take him but it will only be to add squad depth he wont be a starter.

Just seen this tweeted

More contacts between Sevilla and Arsenal in the past days regarding Geoffrey Kondogbia. Moving slowly. #AFC #Sevilla #ASM

but given Arsenal's knack of being linked with anybody and everybody this summer yet signing no one I wont hold my breath.

Source? This been confirmed?

El Desmarque, Sevilla based paper. All but confirmed it seems. Discussions between player and Monaco have to take place. It's known Kondogbia is keen to return to France.

Without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

In the last 6 months. Negredo, Diego Lopez, Navas, Medel and now or very soon Kondogbia. Awful for La Liga which is leaking more talent by the hour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

In the last 6 months. Negredo, Diego Lopez, Navas, Medel and now or very soon Kondogbia. Awful for La Liga which is leaking more talent by the hour.

Could only think the same when I was watching Malaga earlier, they've also been decimated.

Valencia and Atletico lost big players also, but are still in reasonably good shape in terms of the squads they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Kondogbia is still very unreliable defensively so he wouldn't have solved Arsenal's biggest problem. Still, much more suitable for them than Cabaye as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Could only think the same when I was watching Malaga earlier, they've also been decimated.

Valencia and Atletico lost big players also, but are still in reasonably good shape in terms of the squads they have.

Thats the problem with La Liga when Real and Barca have most of the money and revenue that goes into the league, nobody else can compete and the other teams lose players to either of the above or abroad to big money.

Its a shame but it happens, the wealth spit between the top 2 in Spain and the rest is well documented and very large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

higuain, soldado ?? and by looks things di maria and ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

hugo29 wrote: »
    higuain, soldado ?? and by looks things di maria and ozil

He was talking about Sevilla players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Levy playing a dangerous game. What if he's left holding the baby come Sept 2nd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

greendom wrote: »
    Levy playing a dangerous game. What if he's left holding the baby come Sept 2nd?

Bale puts his head down and they go about winning more games than last year?

He was talking about Sevilla players.

Awful for La Liga which is leaking more talent by the hour.

sorry i read this part of the post and thought he was talking about la liga:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Would it make any difference? They have the money from new tv deal and their owner is supposed to have given Levy funds to spent as well. They have recouped about 24 million so far in sales. I don't think they have over stretched themselves yet.

i dont get what you mean, worst case bale ends up staying, same as modric, he has to get on and play until at least january,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Even if Bale stays, with Spur's net Spend over the last few years and the increase in TV revenue this season they would probabl only be down about 5p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wenger will throw in a derisory bid at the death.

A lot of Arsenal fans seem to be clinging to the notion of this happening as if it will somehow make their transfer window better. Would him staying another season put Spurs in that much financial difficulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Net Spend this season is 40m which is the same amount as the new TV deal plus two new Sponsorship deals and Spurs haven't spent more than they have bought since 2008.

I'd be more worried that Arsenal while having a very very good first team lack depth needed to fight on multiple fronts after allowing so many squad players to leave.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wenger will throw in a derisory bid at the death.

A lot of Arsenal fans seem to be clinging to the notion of this happening as if it will somehow make their transfer window better. Would him staying another season put Spurs in that much financial difficulty?

don't care from an Arsenal perspective. Much more concerned about the signings we haven't made. If Levy wants to play silly beggars with Real Madrid that's up to him

Net Spend this season is 40m which is the same amount as the new TV deal plus two new Sponsorship deals and Spurs haven't spent more than they have bought since 2008.

I'd be more worried that Arsenal while having a very very good first team lack depth needed to fight on multiple fronts after allowing so many squad players to leave.

Ah no don't be worried about Arsenal. That's our job! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i would piss myself laughing if bale went to another team bar madrid in this window

• Advertisement

It's disappointing when you compare to Sevilla of half a dozen or so years. One of my very favourite teams to watch under Juande Ramos. Del Nido had some of this coming though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's disappointing when you compare to Sevilla of half a dozen or so years. One of my very favourite teams to watch under Juande Ramos. Del Nido had some of this coming though.

If you made a 'Best Sevilla XI' in the last 10 years or so it'd be a serious team!

Palop
    Alves
    Ramos
    Navarro
    David
    Navas
    Kondogbia
    Keita
    Puerta(RIP)
    Fabiano
    Negredo

And the likes of Saviola, Reyes, Medel and Kanoute don't even make the 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Srijandeep Das ‏@LFC_360

Chelsea have made known the availability of Juan Mata - the player could be allowed to leave if the right offer comes in.

he doesn't normally say complete shíte, but still, a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Baffling if true.

(and I'd imagine that's a massive if)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

One of the best in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suarez/Mata + cash swap sensation on the cards?! :pac:

Think I speak for everyone when I say;

WTF?

Why on earth is he looking to offload one of the best players of the past 2 years? Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I thought Mata was consistently the best player in the premier league over the last two years.

get a bid in now levy, if its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fookin madness to offload Matt . Can't be true.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    If you made a 'Best Sevilla XI' in the last 10 years or so it'd be a serious team!

Palop
    Alves
    Ramos
    Navarro
    David
    Navas
    Kondogbia
    Keita
    Puerta(RIP)
    Fabiano
    Negredo

And the likes of Saviola, Reyes, Medel and Kanoute don't even make the 11.

Just based on what they did for Sevilla, I'd go with..

Kanoute over Negredo
    Escudé for Ramos
    Renato or Maresca (probably the former) for Kondogbia
    Adriano for Puerta.

Puerta was very talented but still very young and only had one full season as far as I recall in the starting XI before passing away sadly. Was a real fan of his.

Too early to have Kondogbia in there, though in the future you it's quite likely I'll add him to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yabadabado wrote: »
    Fookin madness to offload Matt . Can't be true.

Of course it's true, some randomer on twitter said so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Would take Mata at United over Bale everyday of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mike65 wrote: »
    Suarez/Mata + cash swap sensation on the cards?! :pac:
    Don't think there would be any cash in your hypothetical situation, Mata is as good as Suarez ;) (albeit in a completely different role)

Mata wont be leaving anytime soon. You dont get rid of your best player because you've signed a decent Brazilian for big money.

Unless Joses opinio has changed since his press conference on Friday its just not going to happen.

• Advertisement

Just based on what they did for Sevilla, I'd go with..

Kanoute over Negredo
    Escudé for Ramos
    Renato or Maresca (probably the former) for Kondogbia
    Adriano for Puerta.

Puerta was very talented but still very young and only had one full season as far as I recall in the starting XI before passing away sadly. Was a real fan of his.

Too early to have Kondogbia in there, though in the future you it's quite likely I'll add him to the team.

Forgot about Maresca, quality player. Never got a fair chance at Juve imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Mata is going nowhere. Not only would it be stupid to play an unproven kid in his position immediately, there would be uproar from the fans as well. Stupid, lazy journalism with no foundation designed to rile people up and get them talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Mata is going nowhere. Not only would it be stupid to play an unproven kid in his position immediately, there would be uproar from the fans as well. Stupid, lazy journalism with no foundation designed to rile people up and get them talking.

Willian is the same age as Mata.

one of the rumours doing the rounds on the chelsea blogs is that spurs are asking about Mata

of course this will never happen but if it did, in the immortal word of Kevin Keegan "i would fcukinh luv it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mata wont be leaving anytime soon. You dont get rid of your best player because you've signed a decent Brazilian for big money.

Unless Joses opinio has changed since his press conference on Friday its just not going to happen.

There is a rumour going around that Willian was bought so that Mata could be offered to Utd as part payment for Rooney .
    Supposedly Mata doesnt work hard enough for Mourinho's plans.

It seems nonsense to me but stranger things have happened.

There is a rumour going around that Willian was bought so that Mata could be offered to Utd as part payment for Rooney .
    Supposedly Mata doesnt work hard enough for Mourinho's plans.

It seems nonsense to me but stranger things have happened.

The worse thing Jose/Gourlay/Emenalo/Roman can do after bringing back Jose is to sell the best player and fans favourite when youre just in the door.

From watching Mata last year the guys work rate was better then Hazards who at times, picked when he was going to get back.

Jose has rubbished the Mata leaving debate a few times and I dont think that will change, not this summer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Alot of smoke though. The fire may not materialise but I don't doubt that it exists.

CSF wrote: »
    Alot of smoke though. The fire may not materialise but I don't doubt that it exists.

I'd highly doubt it but if enough people spread it then its going to grow legs regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Selling Mata would be up there with the stupidest moves in all time club transfers. Unless Mata's gets a injury or some sort of physical or mental affliction that causes his form to completely to drop! I can kind of see the logic in him not being a player to fit Mourinho's system but I'd still think Mou would need his head examined if these rumours have an element of truth to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

United fans blowing smoke where's there no fire, not long left to sign someone now.

Advertisement