Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

eagle eye wrote: »
    Mikel started the United game, he is a Mourinho type of player, why are you suggesting he will be sold?

No he didnt. He came on for the last few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikel started the United game, he is a Mourinho type of player, why are you suggesting he will be sold?

Lampard and Ramires started in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Started on the Bench!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can't blame the media really. Chelsea stay buying players in that position and the media were saying Jose didn't fancy him. Oscar played more than Mata at the confeds and he plays now. The media also got told that conveniently Bale, Suarez and Rooney all got 'injured' when linked with moves so its hard to take the knock line seriously especially when he was an unused sub at a ground he scored a pivotol goal in months ago. Chelsea would be daft to let him go if that were to happen.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Roma confirm Lamela is being sold to Spurs. €30mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Roma confirm Lamela is being sold to Spurs. €30mil

Sold against his will as well apparently, Ozil take note!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

dahat wrote: »

Any links or source for that? Don't particularly want a player at our club unless he actually wants to be there.

He was crying last week at the squad unveiling(yeah everyone knew he was gone), although the ultras were pretty furious, not with him at the club. Don`t know why they cashed in on him after Marquinos. Then again the club fúcked up big time with the new kit that has no manufacturer or sponsor. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Villas Boas keeps hurting me :(

Anywhoo, Paddypower are paying out on Nani to Juve. They paid on Tevez to Juve over a week before it was officially announced too.

• Advertisement

Any links or source for that? Don't particularly want a player at our club unless he actually wants to be there.

@RafaelH117

It was leaving Roma that upset him not joining Spurs,he would have stayed but Roma needed the money according to this guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

That's a load of bull.His brother has been on twitter all through saying they can't wait.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

is the yellow tie and yellow dress not out yet?

I've had enough of this transfer window

anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

OFFICIAL: LAMELA-SPURS, LJAJIC-ROMA

Football-Italia.net
    Roma have officially accepted Tottenham’s £25.75m bid for Erik Lamela and signed Adem Ljajic from Fiorentina.

The Giallorossi released two statements this evening confirming the news.

Lamela has been sold for €30m plus a further €5m in performance-related bonuses, which would come out to a total £30m (£25.75m fee, £4.29m add-ons).

The agreement with Fiorentina for Ljajic is worth €11m plus a further €4m in add-ons (£9.4m and £3.4m bonuses).

He has signed a four-year contract which will expire on June 30 2017.

“I’m ready for Tottenham, I want do great things for Spurs. And thank you, Roma,” Lamela told ANSA news agency at Fiumicino Airport.

The reports for several hours have suggested Lamela will jet out from Rome at approximately 16.30 UK time and is scheduled to arrive at Heathrow at 18.55 UK time.

He is set for a Spurs medical on Thursday to complete the £30m transfer.

Ljajic is taking part in today’s training session with Roma, but Lamela has already left Italy.

Good signing for Spurs and Roma have instantly replaced Lamela with a very good player.

That's a load of bull.His brother has been on twitter all through saying they can't wait.

Hardly going to say the opposite are they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dumb question mayhaps? If Spurs don't get any money for Bale can they afford all these signings? That's one impressive squad they're attempting to assemble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Jernal wrote: »
    Dumb question mayhaps? If Spurs don't get any money for Bale can they afford all these signings? That's one impressive squad they're attempting to assemble.

I'm sure they can but obviously they will get the Bale money very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Jernal wrote: »

They turn over complete squads every 2 seasons or so. Nothing to worry about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

The word was that Spurs wanted another replacement in before selling Bale. Now that Lamela is in Bale will be announced soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

JPA wrote: »
    I'm sure they can but obviously they will get the Bale money very soon.

Spurs still haven't got all of the Modric money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Seaneh wrote: »
    OFFICIAL: LAMELA-SPURS, LJAJIC-ROMA

Football-Italia.net

Good signing for Spurs and Roma have instantly replaced Lamela with a very good player.

Lamela will be worth double in 18 months. Awesome prospect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lamela appears to be a very good signing, if he is disappointed to leave Roma thats fine i'm sure he would of refused to sign for Spurs if he didn't want to play for them.

Wait and see now with a number of the signings to see how they pan out Capoue and Paulinhio seem the best signings so far Soldado has been left isolated though and hasn't been able to show how good he is yet though so I expect more from him soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

According to the Telegraaf in Holland, Spurs will increase their bid for Eriksen to €10m.

Also Chiriches, the Romanian CB Spurs had a bid accepted for says he's heading to London tonight to have his medical apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Oranage2 wrote: »
    They turn over complete squads every 2 seasons or so. Nothing to worry about.

What? You must be an Arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    According to the Telegraaf in Holland, Spurs will increase their bid for Eriksen to €10m.

Also Chiriches, the Romanian CB Spurs had a bid accepted for says he's heading to London tonight to have his medical apparently.

Surely to god Spurs are not gonna go after Eriksen now that they signed Lamela. They would have a stupid amount of midfielders then, no? Lamela, Siggurdson, Dembele, Capoue, Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby, Lennon, Chadli.. If they signed Eriksen on top of this it would be near impossible to keep all of them happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Spurs really have a great chance of winning the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Spurs really are going to buy all the midfielders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lamela is a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Chelsea have 12 1st team midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lamela is a forward.

Ssh don't tell Baldini/levy they might send him back :pac:

Spurs really have a great chance of winning the league this season.

They've just bought a load of very good players while selling their world class one, expect 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Some squad Spurs have assembled,real chance as any of winning the league now.Automatic CL qualification at the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Needs more subtlety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

They've just bought a load of very good players while selling their world class one, expect 5th.

Higher, just. I'd put them ahead of Arsenal, easily but I suppose the derby will tell all.

Spurs have signed quality in depth, Arsenal haven't. I don't see them getting passed United, Chelsea or City but will give a good run for 3rd. That said, they had better start scoring more than penalties.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Yeah and now they won't be overly reliant on one player,but will spread the burden to a few very good ones.They won't end up with the situation like last season where everyone would just give the ball to Bale and hope he could conjure some magic.No way they'll finish below 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Baines now heading for man utd

Lamela is a forward.

I am aware of that, kept a bit of money aside to bring him in to my FPL side. I should have quoted Nuris post when I posted. It was in reaction to them upping the bid for Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Lamela is a great signing for Spurs, More of a winger than Willian which they need as Bale replacement.

Better than Willian imo. Younger and proven in a top Europen league.

Sickens me as an Arsenal fan saying this but Spurs will definitely finish at least 3rd with their squad.

Higher, just. I'd put them ahead of Arsenal, easily but I suppose the derby will tell all.

Spurs have signed quality in depth, Arsenal haven't. I don't see them getting passed United, Chelsea or City but will give a good run for 3rd. That said, they had better start scoring more than penalties.:rolleyes:

If I got a dollar for every time I heard spurs would finish ahead of arsenal, I could afford to hire bale as my cleaning lady!

eh i dunno wrote: »

Source??

• Advertisement

Lamela is a forward.

I laughed so hard at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Spurs have bought well but I can't see them finishing any higher than 4th.There squad is still well below United, City and Chelsea.

eh i dunno wrote: »

Source??

GTR63 wrote: »
    I laughed so hard at this

Why? He is a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ajax confirm to BBC Radio 5 live that 21-year-old Denmark international midfielder Christian Eriksen has been given permission to speak to Tottenham.

Why? He is a forward.

I know but people getting excited about a player and then not even knowing where he plays is priceless and yet predictable nowdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Spurs are doing some unreal business this summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Spurs will not be anywhere near winning the league this season.

Takes time to build a league winning squad and league winning experience.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I know but people getting excited about a player and then not even knowing where he plays is priceless and yet predictable nowdays.

I was talking about Eriksen. I think its priceless that you can't read the thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

According to Marca Demichelis is on his way to City. A very quick 5 million for Atletico considering they signed him on a free in July!

• Advertisement
Advertisement