Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

carlop wrote: »
    According to Marca Demichelis is on his way to City. A very quick 5 million for Atletico considering they signed him on a free in July!

Are Marca reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The Times reported that the other day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Oranage2 wrote: »
    They've just bought a load of very good players while selling their world class one, expect 5th.

Yeah but 3 of those very good players performing in any given match should yield much higher rewards than having a single world class player performing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Are Marca reliable?

Probably the single most unreliable thing out there.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I realise they're short CB's at the moment, but really.. the best they can do is Demichelis?! :-/ Suppose it's because Pellegrini is familiar with him but nonetheless, quite underwhelming.

I really hope himself and Lugano get some serious game time for the lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

@RishiChico: Chadli
    Paulinho
    Capoue
    Soldado
    Lamela
    Eriksen
    Chiriches = approx £108m

Bale
    Caulker
    Dempsey
    Huddlestone
    Parker = approx £108m

money very well spent from Levy great to see him finally having a manager to believe in .baldinis role cannot be underestimated either..he is prob our signing of the season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was talking about Eriksen. I think its priceless that you can't read the thread. :rolleyes:

Didn't see your 2nd post, sorry.
    Probably the single most unreliable thing out there.
    I see your Marca and raise you a Goal.com. Metro aren't too reliable either from my experience with the BBC paper talk reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Goal.com are brilliant! [Paraphrased] Transfer talk! Moyes to make last minute swoop for Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I see your goal.com &raise you 1 caught offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Jaysus Bale is copying Ronaldo already.....pink t shirt and cap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And the shades, how can you leave out the shade?!!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398799/Gareth-Bale-morphing-Cristiano-Ronaldo-ahead-Real-Madrid-move.html

Pure Single White Female

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well Lyon are out of the CL, so I wonder will we see some of their players on the move now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Poor lad. Not even Messi can match Ronaldos off pitch style. :/

Well Lyon are out of the CL, so I wonder will we see some of their players on the move now

Aulas is going to sue boards poster Nuri Sahin for jinxing them earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

COYVB wrote: »
    Yeah but 3 of those very good players performing in any given match should yield much higher rewards than having a single world class player performing

You're ignoring the fact that you will need three players to be on their game as opposed one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope Ronaldo denies Bale's bromance advances.

It fails compared to Ozil and Ramos

image_zps6466c193.jpg

tumblr_lk7x7shdr11qbiyss.jpg

tumblr_mf9ls92y7E1rt1tumo1_250.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Quazzie wrote: »
    You're ignoring the fact that you will need three players to be on their game as opposed one.

Your own club had a similar situation last season. The previous year RVP won so many games for ye but last year ye replaced his goals with Giroud and Carzola, aswell as Walcott chipping in with a good amount. Just saying.

Gourcuff, Lacazette, Grenier and Gonalans are the ones clubs around Europe will look at.

The likes of Umtiti and Benzia should remain there for another year at least.

Interested to see what happens with Depay, Matavz and Zoet at PSV as well, would love the former at Liverpool. Arsenal should look at Zoet, far better than Woj!

I read on Football Italia that Lazio are interested in Matavz if they don't get Yilmaz from Gala.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

GTR63 wrote: »
    I read on Football Italia that Lazio are interested in Matavz if they don't get Yilmaz from Gala.
    Big difference in quality there. I thought Spurs should have gone for Yilmaz earlier in the window, but they ended up with Soldado so it's all grand on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Your own club had a similar situation last season. The previous year RVP won so many games for ye but last year ye replaced his goals with Giroud and Carzola, aswell as Walcott chipping in with a good amount. Just saying.

arsenal practically stood still last season by doing that though.
    3 more points but finished a position lower, same no. of wins but three more draws
    exited all cup comps. at the same stage as the season before

scored 2 less goals in the league
    cazorla, giroud & podolski got 34 goals between them in the league, 4 more than RVP the year before
    the got 45 in total between them compared to RVP's 37

it has took the reliance away from one player which is a good thing overall for the team & perhaps was all you could expect from a first season at the club/league

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with tottenham, maybe a few points here or there
    just saying :pac:

walcotts' excluded as he was there already & should be improving regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't see the sense in all the what ifs. Plain and simple, Spurs have a far stronger squad than they had last season even with Bale gone. Arsenal have a shockingly small squad, are picking up injuries every week and have yet to add anyone of note. Unless we go mad and add at least 3 very good signings, I'd be very surprised if we stayed in the top 4 this year. Wenger always seems to manage it though thankfully, but every season it seems to be tougher and tougher!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

L'prof wrote: »
    Don't see the sense in all the what ifs. Plain and simple, Spurs have a far stronger squad than they had last season even with Bale gone. Arsenal have a shockingly small squad, are picking up injuries every week and have yet to add anyone of note. Unless we go mad and add at least 3 very good signings, I'd be very surprised if we stayed in the top 4 this year. Wenger always seems to manage it though thankfully, but every season it seems to be tougher and tougher!

The main worry i have as a Spurs fan is how long it will take for the team to gel together. Arsenal, with their squad issues, still have a great starting 11 and are playing very well together at the moment. Will be interesting to see what happens at the game this weekend.

No doubt you'll drop a load of points over Christmas and then finish really strong, pipping us to 4th again...yis f*ckers :pac:

If Arsenal amass anymore injuries then you could almost say farewell to champions league hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I realise they're short CB's at the moment, but really.. the best they can do is Demichelis?! :-/ Suppose it's because Pellegrini is familiar with him but nonetheless, quite underwhelming.

Do you not rate Lugano? Thought he'd have been a good signing for West Brom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

For the lulz? They're not hipster approved eh? Two good players imo. I'd feel a lot better if they were available options at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Here is a bit of the article on Overmars saying Ericksson deal is completed just personal terms and Medical etc.(Ericksson has already said this summer he was interested in a move to Spurs)
    http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/21846237/__DEAL_AJAX_EN_SPURS__.html

I put it through google translate and cut off the bit at the end as we can't copy and paste whole articles.
    Ajax has filed with the departure of Christian Eriksen (21). In the Amsterdam ArenA accepted the directors Michael Kinsbergen and Marc Overmars bid Tottenham Hotspur, the ongoing ten-month contract from the Dane repurchases for 12 million euros. Londoners pay the amount - that placement for the Champions League reaches 12.5 million - in three annual installments (€ 4 million).

Tottenham Hotspur made ​​Ajax clearly want to do. Quickly business "That's right," director of football affairs Marc Overmars from Ajax replied to the question whether he had negotiated with a delegation led by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy. In the ArenA The agreement he did not confirm.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    For the lulz? They're not hipster approved eh? Two good players imo. I'd feel a lot better if they were available options at Liverpool.

Go post some vids of you working out in the gym to show how tough you are there Lloyd, before deleting said post and making said vid private heh.

Degag wrote: »
    Do you not rate Lugano? Thought he'd have been a good signing for West Brom.

Was a disaster at PSG, not much better for Uruguay lately and quick players will expose his severe lack of pace. If it were a few years ago if not longer, it would have been a very good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Go post some vids of you working out in the gym to show how tough you are there Lloyd, before deleting said post and making said vid private heh.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

• Advertisement

What post are you referring to? My vids aren't private? :confused:

If the Bale deal doesn't go through, are Spurs in mighty debt with all their signings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If the Bale deal doesn't go through, are Spurs in mighty debt with all their signings?

I doubt they'd be making those signings unless they'd already agreed the deal sometime ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Well, they wouldnt be spending 90m this season if it wasnt going ahead imo. They never have had a high net spend.

Having said that, they spent it well on paper.

I'd agre with you guys on the fact they wouldn't have signed them without a deal in place, I was just speaking in a hypothetical way?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Someone asks this question every 20 posts or so :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Was a disaster at PSG, not much better for Uruguay lately and quick players will expose his severe lack of pace. If it were a few years ago if not longer, it would have been a very good signing.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    black-kid-oh-snap.gif

That's the second time in as many days that he has posted something bizarre about deleting posts?

The last posts with vids I placed on boards.ie are as follows:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85887726
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85887726&postcount=698

Don't look deleted to me?

Moreover, his post wasn't much of a response to the topic of the thread, football and all. Demechellis and Lugano are still fine center backs and not players that are going to be comical at Premier League level.

Someone asks this question every 20 posts or so :pac:

Oops I hadn't seen:P 88 days its been dragging on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I hope Ronaldo denies Bale's bromance advances.

It fails compared to Ozil and Ramos

image_zps6466c193.jpg

tumblr_lk7x7shdr11qbiyss.jpg

tumblr_mf9ls92y7E1rt1tumo1_250.jpg

Ive seen this before, whats the deal with it? Ozil is only there 3 years and some of those photos look a year or two old, is their serious bromance or are the photoshopped? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

klose wrote: »
    Ive seen this before, whats the deal with it? Ozil is only there 3 years and some of those photos look a year or two old, is their serious bromance or are the photoshopped? :P

It's very real

tumblr_medm6oVKjV1qh4sw5o1_500.jpg

ozilgif34.gif?t=1318271823

Apparently Khedira tried to steal Ozil away but Ramos wasn't having any of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Erik Lamela is on the verge of signing for Chelsea after passing a medical at Tottenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Anyone wrote: »
    Erik Lamela is on the verge of signing for Chelsea after passing a medical at Tottenham.
    A Romanian defender called Chiriches too.

Lamela too Chelsea?? Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

MrMac84 wrote: »

It's a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MrMac84 wrote: »

Its a joke, after we robbed Willian from under their noses.

Well, at least I hope it's a joke. :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its a joke, after we robbed Willian from under their noses.

Well, at least I hope it's a joke. :pac:

I guessed so but wasnt sure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Flamini to Arsenal seems done. Despite the mockery being made of it on Twitter, I think it could be a good pickup.

Yes he has an awful injury record,but if it's good deal financially, he can make a decent impact for Arsenal this season I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Matri to Milan looks close to completion for €10-12m. Transfer of the summer for Juventus. I'll never understand how businessman can be so clueless about football. Really, really, really hope it doesn't go through

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Matri to Milan looks close to completion for €10-12m. Transfer of the summer for Juventus. I'll never understand how businessman can be so clueless about football. Really, really, really hope it doesn't go through

Baffling really.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Flamini back to Arsenal is official.

Wenger really can't help himself. That said, Flamini may prove useful to have around.

Advertisement