Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What wages will Flamini be on at Arsenal? Anyone an inkling?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

£50,000 being mentioned but who knows really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭golfball37

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What wages will Flamini be on at Arsenal? Anyone an inkling?

75k is what I read yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Flamini is an interesting one.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

still only 29 and as honest as they come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

golfball37 wrote: »
    75k is what I read yesterday.

Big increase from the £25k he was on last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Flamini is a good signing for Arsenal although a bit nasty in tackling he has been training with the team for a while already so will take less time to get up to speed and he's not exactly a bad player either especially when the arsenal squad looks a bit thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Flamini has an injury record over the past 3 years to match already at the club Rosicky.

7 different injuries in the past 3 years, not a good free transfer signing IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If it's £50k or less it's good business imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah I don't think that's a bad deal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Agueroooo wrote: »
    still only 29 and as honest as they come

:pac: :pac: :pac:

GTR63 wrote: »

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

His wages are most likely appearance based

Chelsea just signed Eto'o on a 1 year deal according to Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

eto signs 1yr deal with chelski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

davycc wrote: »
    eto signs 1yr deal with chelski

/shakes head.

Hopefully Ba is shipped out somewhere, anywhere will do.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    /shakes head.

Hopefully Ba is shipped out somewhere, anywhere will do.

surely Lukaku is going back out on loan now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He'd be a great loan signing for almost any team, could become world class this season

I dont know mate, I'd say it will be easier to ship him then Ba but for that reason I hope we keep Lukaku, hes a better option then Ba but in a WC year he may want out.

Puts the bed any Rooney interest anyway for at least a year.

Ormus wrote: »
    He'd be a great loan signing for almost any team, could become world class this season

If he is not and he is not going to play 20+ games for the first team then it would be a crying shame to leave him on the bench at this point in his development. He is ready to explode if you ask me.

• Advertisement

If he is not and he is not going to play 20+ games for the first team then it would be a crying shame to leave him on the bench at this point in his development. He is ready to explode if you ask me.
    WE'll probably play close to 55-60 games and the pecking order right now I reckon is Eto'o, Torres, Lukaku.

I'm taking it as a given that Ba is gone, if Lukaku goes then Ba is 3rd choice but I'd agree, another season on our bench is worthless to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Crazy frown chelsea, the Jose circus has well and truly entered town.

It'll good to see eto but a little to late like like shevy and crespo.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Its not too bad but its one I wouldnt have wanted at the start of the season.

Hes came in for free and cut his wages but hes going to limit Lukakus game time unless he goes on loan.

Lukaku got 17 league goals last year, what more can you do really?

As an Arsenal fan i can testify his honesty of effort on the field of play cannot be doubted. Works tirelessly for the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any chance that this is an Abro signing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Its not too bad but its one I wouldnt have wanted at the start of the season.

Hes came in for free and cut his wages but hes going to limit Lukakus game time unless he goes on loan.

Lukaku got 17 league goals last year, what more can you do really?

Send him up to Anfield. :p Would have him at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

As an Arsenal fan i can testify his honesty of effort on the field of play cannot be doubted. Works tirelessly for the team

Exactly!
    May not have the top shelf skill set but leaves everything on the field of play - every team needs a player like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Rubbish talk, Eto'o is only 32 and him and Mourinho have worked well together before and eto'o will get goals were ever he goes.
    A very good signing ,Eto'o will do well for them this season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

greendom wrote: »
    Doesn't look like one.

If I was Lukaku I'd be straight on the phone to my agent.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Send him up to Anfield. :p Would have him at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

Lukaku flanked by Suarez and Sturridge and Couthino behind is a daunting prospect.....so ye can feck off. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Rubbish talk, Eto'o is only 32 and him and Mourinho have worked well together before and eto'o will get goals were ever he goes.

I wouldn't be to sure he's been playing in Russia now a while just collecting his pay cheque. Is he still the same player? Has he still got it? We can't really be sure but I for one will be curious to see what Eto turns up at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

greendom wrote: »

I think it's more of a sign that Jose doesn't rate the strikers he's got. Can't get Rooney so go for a proven performer.

As a neutral I hope Lukaku gets a look-in still.

I wouldn't be to sure he's been playing in Russia now a while just collecting his pay cheque. Is he still the same player? Has he still got it? We can't really be sure but I for one will be curious to see what Eto turns up at Chelsea.

What? His scoring record in russia was 25 in 53.
    Doesn't seem like just collecting his paycheck to me.

How's it rubbish talk?

Chelsea now have 4 strikers all a good cut below world class and only play one up front.

I rate lukaku but Jose doesn't really trust him yet to lead the line. Eto isn't a a big improvement on what they have if any improvement at all.

its has a feel of a typical circus signing from Chelsea the first time Jose was there.

its has a feel of a typical circus signing from Chelsea the first time Jose was there.

Torres ?

I joke.I joke

But yea its a funny one and not seen since Jose departure.

• Advertisement

What? His scoring record in russia was 25 in 53.
    Doesn't seem like just collecting his paycheck to me.

It's the Russian league not exactly challenging himself playing at the highest levels of football is it ;).

In fact I would have expected Eto of old to have a higher scoring rate than that in the Russian League.

How's it rubbish talk?

Chelsea now have 4 strikers all a good cut below world class and only play one up front.

I rate lukaku but Jose doesn't really trust him yet to lead the line. Eto isn't a a big improvement on what they have if any improvement at all.

And two of them Mourinho does not rate ie Torres and Ba.
    Eto'o is better than the other 3 strikers at chelsea IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

?

As a Milan fan I can say he only really performed when his contracts were up & had a very average career with us. Seemed to be more interested in dosh than he was playing.

As a Milan fan I can say he only really performed when his contracts were up & had a very average career with us. Seemed to be more interested in dosh than he was playing.

Actually sounds very familiar with his arsenal career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

It's the Russian league not exactly challenging himself playing at the highest levels of football is it ;).

In fact I would have expected Eto of old to have a higher scoring rate than that in the Russian League.

He wasnt playing up front though, from my recollection of the games I watched them play he was in CM

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    He wasnt playing up front though, from my recollection of the games I watched them play he was in CM

Yeh they mentioned that on Sky Sports earlier how he was playing deeper in Russia.

I'm not saying he wont be class but the Russian League is not top level as I said im curious to see if he still has it. Time will tell I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lukaku must be really pissed off. I have no doubt if he was let lead the line for Chelsea he would get plenty of league goals this season. He got 17 last season and in a team like chelsea he would surely be pushing for thirty.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Lukaku must be really pissed off. I have no doubt if he was let lead the line for Chelsea he would get plenty of league goals this season. He got 17 last season and in a team like chelsea he would surely be pushing for thirty.

So you think he'd run away as the league's top scorer?

I think he'd do well too, but let's not get carried away. He wouldn't be taking any set pieces at Chelsea and everything would not be focused around him. That being said, I think he'd do very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lukaku flanked by Suarez and Sturridge and Couthino behind is a daunting prospect.....so ye can feck off. :pac:

Actually I was thinking Sturridge flanked by Suarez and Lukaku with Coutinho in the AM role. :p

Saw Lukaku play that RWF role a number of times for West Brom last season and he was outstanding coming from that flank.

If Chelsea were willing to sell or loan him, methinks there would be no shortage of takers for the lad, with many being far more attractive options than Liverpool . Quality young player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think he'd do well too, but let's not get carried away. He wouldn't be taking any set pieces at Chelsea and everything would not be focused around him. That being said, I think he'd do very well.

Sorry I meant pushing for thirty goals overall,if he was the main striker I don't think it is getting carried away to say he could get 25+ goals.Not taking the penalties will be a huge factor tho.
    He is still very young so it is probably too early for him to be the main man at a club of chelsea's size and he will probably still get plenty of games off the bench if he stays there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sure half his goals came from coming off the bench at WBA, he wasn't nearly the main man there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JPA wrote: »
    Sure half his goals came from coming off the bench at WBA, he wasn't nearly the main man there.

I wouldn't be surprised if that would be Jose's plan for him this year too except at the higher level that is Chelsea and including a higher standard of football that is Champions league games. Lukaku to come off the bench in almost all their games (with the very occasional start) while Maybe Eto'o starts the big games and Torres the smaller games. Then next year when Eto'o's deal is finished Lukaku takes over as the main CF. Not saying it is neccesarily the right way forward but it's how I would make sense of Jose's move here.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Sorry I meant pushing for thirty goals overall,if he was the main striker I don't think it is getting carried away to say he could get 25+ goals.Not taking the penalties will be a huge factor tho.
    He is still very young so it is probably too early for him to be the main man at a club of chelsea's size and he will probably still get plenty of games off the bench if he stays there.

Ahh I get ya! I think Chelsea could do a lot worse than play him up top and give him a run of games and I'd expect he'd have hit 25 goals if he was given the chance as well, just though you meant he'd get 30+ in the league which I thought was far fetched :)

JPA wrote: »

It's not the same. Their main man was whoever was up top because of the way they play. When he played, he was more or less their main attacking threat, at Chelsea he wouldn't be. That being said, I think he'd have excelled if he was given a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kaka has apparently said he wants to leave madird, will be interesting to see who hell go to, if he does that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Spurs have bid for Kaka I'm hearing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement