Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Fantastic business this summer for Spurs. It will mean little though if they don't push on and get that Champions League spot, time for them to deliver. On paper they look very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Retweeted by @secondcaptains
    "@andygoldstein05: News is huge. 2 players. Premier league. Will tell at at 9.30 providing I can...."

Im not sure how good a source he is, but cause its retweeted by @secondcaptains ill keep an eye on it. I presume its Bale and A/N....if its anything at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's yet to be seen. So far it's been a busy one, but the same could be said for QPR last year. Sure the players Spurs bought are of a better quality, but there is no way of knowing how they will settle in.
    greendom wrote: »
    A busy one for sure - let's see how well they perform this season before judging its quality

I'm not arguing that.

What I'm saying is that if you're a Spurs fan then you have to be delighted with how they've done their business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

LowOdour wrote: »
    Retweeted by @secondcaptains
    "@andygoldstein05: News is huge. 2 players. Premier league. Will tell at at 9.30 providing I can...."

Im not sure how good a source he is, but cause its retweeted by @secondcaptains ill keep an eye on it. I presume its Bale and A/N....if its anything at all

He has a show on TalkSport. Normally reliable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Spurs have done great business

Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Paulinho are all going to improve the side

Between those 4 and Bale, I know who I'd rather have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Despite how much has been spent spurs still look like making a profit on player transfers this summer :-o

Spurs have done great business

Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Paulinho are all going to improve the side

Between those 4 and Bale, I know who I'd rather have

I know Bale will cover the transfer fee of the 4, but wonder what it will do to the clubs wage bill. i presume none of them are on less than Bale was on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I know Bale will cover the transfer fee of the 4, but wonder what it will do to the clubs wage bill. i presume none of them are on less than Bale was on?

The increase in the TV deal for the EPL should cover most of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I know Lamela is only on half what Bale is on.

But big earners Gallas, Bently, Huddlestone moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Imagine what United could've done with the Ronaldo money? Very smart investments from Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Bale isn't the best in the world at frees. He's got the same technique as Ronny. Who cares who's most accurate, it's possibly the only area where Bale is better than Ronaldo. WOOOOOOOOW.

I couldn't care less who's the best. All I know is Bale is the most expensive and for that I thank him. Sold a super player, bought a super team COYS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Dempsey wrote: »
    The increase in the TV deal for the EPL should cover most of that

I think you will see, adebayour, siggerson leaving, ekotto has apparently failed two medicals in France,
    We have shifted galas, Parker, huddlestone, caulker, Dempsey and Livermore off the wage bill already, reports say none of the signings so far are above 70k wages ,

Maybe we could send Gomes to city,:D

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I couldn't care less who's the best. All I know is Bale is the most expensive and for that I thank him. Sold a super player, bought a super team COYS.

I have to agree, thank you bale and Real Madrid , you have helped us build a super team, I just hope as other posters have pointed out AVB can bring it all together

Dan Walker ‏@mrdanwalker 1m
    Assuming Gareth Bale goes for £86m... accounting for everyone in and out, Spurs will be £2m up #THFC #GoodBusiness

It really is a great bit of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Dan Walker ‏@mrdanwalker 1m
    Assuming Gareth Bale goes for £86m... accounting for everyone in and out, Spurs will be £2m up #THFC #GoodBusiness

It really is a great bit of business.

Let's be honest if they didn't spend the money they'd be screwed. And their wage bill has shot up I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Half 9 was 23 minutes ago! Where's this big news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

hugo29 wrote: »
    I think you will see, adebayour, siggerson leaving, ekotto has apparently failed two medicals in France,
    We have shifted galas, Parker, huddlestone, caulker, Dempsey and Livermore off the wage bill already, reports say none of the signings so far are above 70k wages ,

Maybe we could send Gomes to city,:D

A good bit of spring cleaning, ye badly needed it tbh

Surprised to hear ekotto failing medicals, he fooked from his last injury or whats happening there?

Pj! wrote: »
    Let's be honest if they didn't spend the money they'd be screwed. And their wage bill has shot up I'd imagine.

Yes but they've reinvested well, they're a better overall team now imo. And as has been said, they've moved on a good few others which will help the wage bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So is it 9:30 yet?

• Advertisement

Half 9 was 23 minutes ago! Where's this big news!

andy goldstein is getting dogs abuse on twitter...apperently he cannot divulge the details now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

andy goldstein is getting dogs abuse on twitter...apperently he cannot divulge the details now!

Serves him right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oooooo there's a big surprise.

He only done it for the attention.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Oooooo there's a big surprise.

He only done it for the attention.
    my last post on this, but was an attention thing to raise money for charity...odd way he went about it...not sure how generous people will be. Anyway, back to transfer mill. Now, how bout that Messi to Aston Villa happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 8m

BOOM! Chelsea have rejected a 35m € for Mata from Tottenham, according to Sky Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Go home Daniel Levy, you're high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

there was nothing to divulge, he was lying to get people to sponsor some charity thing haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

davycc wrote: »

BOOM! Chelsea have rejected a 35m € for Mata from Tottenham, according to Sky Italy

How is it Boom! They aren't even accepting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

GTR63 wrote: »

I suppose the ambition really.

Who'd have expected Spurs to bid on one of the best players in the league. It doesn't look like they're finished business yet

It woud be great if Sky Sports had one of those fan commentary things going on deadline day where the two fans are in the same room talking about what's going on, a Spurs and an Arsenal fan, the reactions would be hilarious.

GTR63 wrote: »

It is word for word the way I copied it actually:)

But IF true shows major ambition & backing of AVBs long term plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

davycc wrote: »

The first mistake you made there was listening to Palmeri or Sky Italy both about as reliable as goal.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Oh midfielder, midfielder where for art thou midfielder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Rumour spurs are sniffing around Leighton Baines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I thought Moyes scent marked him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Please let this happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Victor Moses signs on a year long loan to Liverpool for £1m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I hope not.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ancelotti has said today that Coentrao is not for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The window closes in 28 hours 31 Mins :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think we need a last day "Jim White special" thread.

• Advertisement

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Remember the mass exodus at the Emirates a few weeks back, all seems to be forgotten, all because Arsenal are still in the CL and won the NLD. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The window closes in 28 hours 31 Mins :eek:

It has only just started for Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Speculation of Real and Milan doing a swap between Ozil and El Shaarawy. As always with these things salt at the ready.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bale to Real Madrid on a 6 year contract. Confirmed.

Bale must be going into that central position with Ronaldo and Isco on the wings.

Crazy that he'll probably be Ozil's replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Corholio wrote: »
    Speculation of Real and Milan doing a swap between Ozil and El Shaarawy. As always with these things salt at the ready.

Gathering pace online. Galliani is in madrid but it was believed to be for Kaká talks. Ozil dropped from 25/1 to 5/2 to join Milan in the last half hour.

Will be utterly disappointed if El Shaarawy leaves. The lad bleeds Milan but all they see is his hefty price tag that will bring in some cash. Shameful.

Statement from Levy

"Gareth was a player we had absolutely no intention of selling as we look to build for the future. He is a player whose career we have fostered and developed and he was only a year into his new four year contract.
    "Such has been the attention from Real Madrid and so great is Gareth's desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season.
    "We have, therefore, with great reluctance, agreed to this sale and do so in the knowledge that we have an exceptionally strong squad to which we have added no fewer than seven top internationals. More importantly, we have an immense team spirit and a dressing room that is hungry for success.
    "We wish Gareth all the best in the future and he shall always be welcome at the Lane."

good luck bale & thanks for memories

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bale must be going into that central position with Ronaldo and Isco on the wings.

Crazy that he'll probably be Ozil's replacement.

Would he not just replace Di Maria and leave Isco in the middle where he was today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ozil to an English club rumours gathering pace, most likely Arsenal. :eek:

Advertisement