Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank selling property, auctioneer wont play ball.

Options
  • 23-04-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,
    First time poster so go easy on me :)
    Looking if someone has any advise they can give me. There is a large site in my village, that has planning for 20 houses and was bought for big money in the boom times (over a million) The developer is gone bust and the property is on the market for 100K. If I could buy it my plan would be to build one family home on it. I rang the auctionner and was told that an offer of 40k was refused and that any offer would have to be over that, so I put an offer of 50k and didn't get a reply, I waited over a month and rang the autioneer again, this time I got talking to the owner of the auctioneers who is also a politician (just thought I would mention that so you know the type of person I'm dealing with) basically he said that 50k wouldn't buy the property and wouldn't give me a figure that would. I left it 2 more months and rang back in January and he told me that the bank was selling the propety and that there are 2 different offers on it for over 80K, It's now the end of April the property is still for sale, I have a feeling that the auctioneer is trying to keep this property for himself or one of his buddies and is holding out to show the bank that there is no interest in the place. Sorry for the long post, but does anyone know can I bypass the auctioneer and go straight to the Bank and if so how or who would I contact in the bank?
    Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That story doesn't sound familiar at all... ;)

There's only so many banks. Would it be that hard to ring them all and find out who is selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bankprop

Hi Bostonb, I have already done my research and know what bank it is, but do I call my local bank or the banks head office? And then whats the protocol. I just think ordinary people like me dont have a chance when dealing with these crooks. Wouldnt it be great for the ordinary person to win just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

You may be able to cut out the estate agent by searching the developers company on insolvencyjournal.ie and finding out who the appointed receivers are. Dealing with them directly can get quicker answers but they may not be the answers you want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishjulie

How did you go about finding out which bank owned the house...I have being trying to do same for a house we are in process of buying? EA is giving away no information!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

irishjulie wrote: »
    How did you go about finding out which bank owned the house...I have being trying to do same for a house we are in process of buying? EA is giving away no information!

Answered in the other thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement