Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Gibb

Options
  • 23-04-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just wondering how to get best tickets for this gig from Ticketmaster, is it best to go to agent or will i have any chance of decent ticket by phoning on morning tickets go on sale - not at computer at time they go on sale:( do all agents get tickets for all events - even just the small agents ? thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notanerd

The agents print them off from their computer as they are needed, so as long as they are still on sale, the agent can provide them. I doubt this will sell out quickly if at all but I'm sure it will still be a great gig for Bee Gees fans. I would imagine you would be safe enough ordering them that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

Will he be singing Stayin' Alive? Why doesn't he tour as the Bee Gee. And why does the ad for the gig not have him singing? So many questions so few Bee Gees

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notanerd

As far as I know his brothers have sadly passed away and he is the sole remaining Bee Gee. I respect him for not trading off the bands name.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aleoga

thanks to curious clouseau logged on to barrygibb.com and got my pre-sale tickets! can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Should tickets third of the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't think anyone enjoyed the gig last night.
    He just did all these really obscure songs that nobody knew.

;)
    :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aleoga

I don't agree - brilliant concert and from where i was sitting everyone had great time. Oh and knew all the songs - nothing obscure at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I don't think anyone enjoyed the gig last night.
    He just did all these really obscure songs that nobody knew.

;)
    :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're being serious or messing about.

But I found it to be a great gig, and those around me certainly seemed to love it.
    Obscure songs? :confused:He sang practically all of the bee gees best known songs, including a number of hits they wrote for other artists.

I thought it was a great gig and given his age and the type of singing voice he has, he sounded great. Not so sure that I'd be into the son's style of singing, but sure a couple of songs, no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Good concert last night. I thinks some people forget that as a group, The Bee Gees have an extensive back catalogue for themselves and writing for other people. Great to hear the Barbara Streisand, Diana Ross and Celine Dion numbers. Maurice's daughter and Beth Cohen did great jobs.

The son is completely opposite to his dad - he is a rocker. Don't think the crowd got that song where he was doing that track that had the "monks singing the hyms". His version of one of Maurice's song was really good i thought.

Bit disappointed on the following things -

The 3 oul'ones kept shouting when Barry was talking. We were near them. I think they over did it on the rosé.....

He didn't do the guitar riff to Jive Talkin' for his opening song. One of my favorite songs and love the guitar intro.

He didn't perform "You Win Again" and "Tragedy" - Two of their biggest hits. Two of my favorite Bee Gees tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Funky G wrote: »
    Good concert last night. I thinks some people forget that as a group, The Bee Gees have an extensive back catalogue for themselves and writing for other people. Great to hear the Barbara Streisand, Diana Ross and Celine Dion numbers. Maurice's daughter and Beth Cohen did great jobs.

The son is completely opposite to his dad - he is a rocker. Don't think the crowd got that song where he was doing that track that had the "monks singing the hyms". His version of one of Maurice's song was really good i thought.

Bit disappointed on the following things -

The 3 oul'ones kept shouting when Barry was talking. We were near them. I think they over did it on the rosé.....

He didn't do the guitar riff to Jive Talkin' for his opening song. One of my favorite songs and love the guitar intro.

He didn't perform "You Win Again" and "Tragedy" - Two of their biggest hits. Two of my favorite Bee Gees tracks.
    Yeah I missed You Win Again alright... it was a pity it wasn't played. Somehow, I don't know how, I forgot Tragedy.
    So difficult to fit them all in though I guess.. there's a number of songs I'd love to have heard - Love You Inside Out, Alone, Our Love don't throw it all away (thought that that might be played for Andy), Another Lonely Night in New York, Heartbreaker, I Can't see nobody, Love So Right, Nights on Broadway (surprised that wasn't played), Morning of my Life, Saved by the Well)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Funky G wrote: »

The son is completely opposite to his dad - he is a rocker. Don't think the crowd got that song where he was doing that track that had the "monks singing the hyms". His version of one of Maurice's song was really good.

The aforementioned Every Christian Lion Hearted Man Will Show You (the one with the faux Gregorian Chant) was great. I was delighted when that was included in the set. I'm kind of surprised people didn't get into it 'cos while it's on Bee Gees' 1st, it was also on the original Polydor Best of Bee Gees, which I'd have assumed at least half the audience had at home at some point.
    Beth Cohen was absolutely superb, especially doing the two Babs songs.
    Testament to how strong his back catalogue is was the fact that several bona fide classics were left out and while there were a few tracks I'd have loved to see him do, I think it would be churlish to feel short-changed.
    The Night Fever/More Than a Woman medley was killer.

Oh, and my original post was completely taking the p***.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement