Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on subject choice

Options
  • 23-04-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We got our subject choice sheets and I've picked three subjects but none if the others really appeal to me, the choices on that band is: home ec, economics, geography, business and biology.
    I've enjoyed home economics up until this point but it has mainly been the practical work that I enjoyed, I find the theory quite boring.
    Economics is leading right now, not that I enjoy hearing about anything to do with the economy but it sounds like the best option right now. It's meant to be a short course with up to date information.
    I really don't think I should pick geography because I have never liked the subject, as easy as it is, I don't think it's wise.
    I haven't enjoyed business but I feel that that's because of a boring teacher I've had up to this point. I've always found studying quite easy but I find business difficult to learn because it's all facts and figures!
    Finally biology has always been my least favourite of all the sciences so I really wouldn't be comfortable with doing it for leaving cert.
    I'm not into picking a subject because it's easy, I'm just looking for some insight into the subjects and what they're about and what you learn thoughout the two years. Any help would be much appreciated! Also I'm not sure what career I'd like but I really doubt it will be a science or business, are there many cao courses that require subjects?

-Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement