Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual/Twin Portable dvd player for car

Options
  • 23-04-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi There,

Looking to purchase dual/twin dvd player for the kids in the car. I am looking for one that could play movies from usb stick. Also it has to be able to play independent movies as well as the same movie on both screens.

Not sure if they are twin or dual, a bit confusedconfused.pngconfused.png

If anyone could recommend or knows of any good deals out there at the moment that would be great.

Thanks in advance.smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pokethebear

daz76 wrote: »
    Hi There,

Looking to purchase dual/twin dvd player for the kids in the car. I am looking for one that could play movies from usb stick. Also it has to be able to play independent movies as well as the same movie on both screens.

Not sure if they are twin or dual, a bit confusedconfused.pngconfused.png

If anyone could recommend or knows of any good deals out there at the moment that would be great.

Thanks in advance.smile.png
    daz76, I'm not going to be much help as regards any deals going on these but I've gone through a few in car dvd players over the last 7 years with the kids and have learned by a few costly mistakes.
    Firstly, most of the dual in car dvd player I have seen will have one containing the dvd player and the second screen is just a slave, taking power and picture from this primary screen that contains the disc. haven't come across a set that will play the same movie on both screens and can also play movies independently. If they are out there they could be pricey.
    The first set I bought were Finelux from Harvey Norman, quality and sound were brutal so returned them and got a philips set for about €150 - this is 5 years ago - one screen acting as a slave off of the main screen. Picture and sound were good so no complaints. Slave screen went last year but main screen still working fine.
    Picked up a spare, and cheap set in aldi, think for about €60 last year and they are without doubt the best I've come across. Sound is excellent - you need a very loud range to get over the road noise, always more that you would think -picture and controls very clear, battery gives about 3 hours, works off dvd and USB reading MP3, MP4, MKV, AVI, XVID etc but it still is just a main screen with a slave ie they can't play independently off each other. If I was doing it all again I would have bought 2 aldi sets, still less than one "high street" set, let the kids watch the same movie on both screens if they want to but when the fighting starts about who watches what, just change the slave screen over to the player from the second set -I'm doing this now with the Philips and Aldi players - and then its peace and happiness in the back seat, and more importantly in the front too!
    Sorry I can't be of more help with a bargain but buyer beware and research customer reviews on products before buying, or hang on until Aldi stock these gain, hopefully for the summer trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Hi there. I purchased two seperate dvd players on adverts. They take usb and sd cards and play most formats like mp4 and avi. They dont play mkv i think but i got the 2 for €120 delivered with power cables and carry cases etc. Had to get the headphones separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Cheers eamonnq, different model number will give them a ring and find out thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Just bumping this up because these are on sale again in Aldi this Sunday, but I'm wondering if they are the same as the ones you got last year pokethebear?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-specialbuys-28th-july/products-detail-page/ps/p/portable-twinscreen-dvd-player/

They don't mention avi or mp4 as a format, which is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pokethebear

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Just bumping this up because these are on sale again in Aldi this Sunday, but I'm wondering if they are the same as the ones you got last year pokethebear?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-specialbuys-28th-july/products-detail-page/ps/p/portable-twinscreen-dvd-player/

They don't mention avi or mp4 as a format, which is what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    Hi the housing is different but accessories are the same so maybe its similar enough. The ones I have definitely played avi, not sure about MP4. If you can get in early enough on the day -or just before closing the night before when they are putting out the next days offer - bring in a USB key with both formats on it and ask if you can try it out. If they aren't too busy they can power one up and check it out in minutes. I find Aldi staff quiet good that way. Even try head office, they have good customer support.

Advertisement