Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice

Options
  • 23-04-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Got my subject choice forms for leaving cert and I'm really unsure of what to pick. Any feedback on these subjects would be greatly appreciated. I don't like any of the subjects on this band and choosing one is turning into a problem. The subjects are economics, home economics, biology, business and geography.
    I'm not particularly interested in economics but it's the most likely option right now. I've heard that the course is quite short and not too hard. I've done home economics up until this point and I've really enjoyed it but it was mainly the practical side of things that I enjoy and I've always found the theory very boring. Biology has always been my least favorite of the sciences. I've always found business very boring as you just learn off facts, figures and lists. I've always hated geography too, as you can see I have a dilemma! I've never had a problem with learning and studying so I'm not necessarily looking for the easiest option, more so the most interesting etc.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MeAgain_11

Feedback on economics, home economics, business, geography and biology for leaving cert?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do the ones you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

MeAgain_11 wrote: »
    Feedback on economics, home economics, business, geography and biology for leaving cert?

Biology is a nice general science to have. It's a lot like JC science just more detail. It's factual, basically you can't go wrong once you learn it off. Me personally, I don't like it but I can see why others do. I prefer to understand things rather than learning off and tbh I just find it boring, Chemistry is more up my street.

Business is fabulous. I never took it before JC and I'm after taking to it so easily! It's not really all that hard, it's a lot of notes but it's not difficult to learn off, a good part of it is common sense, especially if you're interested in it like I am you'll be flying.

I don't take any of the others, Home Ec is meant to be quite a bit harder than JC from what I've heard (there's a lot of coursework involved) and Geography is meant to be grand, again very like JC but greater detail. Honestly you're better off going with the ones you like because regardless of difficulty you won't find it all that hard once you're enjoying it.

Advertisement