Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any reason why I shouldn't leave an unlimited data plan?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm upgrading my phone and thinking of changing plans to one which will allow me more free minutes and texts than my current plan, but I will forever lose the plan that I'm on which offers unlimited (as in *actually* unlimited) data.

The new plan includes 5GB of data, which I know is enough for my usage - (averaging 2GB - 2.5GB per month), but I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing.

I'm sure there's a reason why unlimited data usage isn't really offered anymore. I know I can use my phone at the moment to tether any number of nearby devices, but I don't really do that.

I'm just worried that I'll give up this plan (which I signed up for originally about three years ago) and then realise later that I made a mistake!

As it is though, I often go above my free call limit (300 mins a month - but with free evening and weekend calls), so I would be saving money - despite the new plan being slightly more expensive than my current one.

I know, logically, the new plan & saving money route makes more sense - but giving up ANYTHING unlimited might be stupid when I can't get it back again! :P

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement