Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband not added in Bundle

Options
  • 23-04-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just to point out something - I ordered a bundle with 24mb download included.

Received the first bill today. No broadband included. I'm still with Sky, who are imposing a €30.00 surcharge because Im using their broadband without calls. 

What happened was, as my line is only capable of 12mb max, as verified on a line check today, my broadband order dropped off. No-one told me this though ! And no router was sent out either.

5 working days was quoted as being the time for the switch over, meantime Sky are charging me a penal charge.

Might be a good idea for eircom to notify people that the broadband orders aren't being processed instead of letting it just run on. Meantime I have canceled my BB with Sky, so I may have no connection for a period. 

If the system accepts your order, after checking your number, why doesn't it go through automatically. 

Only think I'm pleased about is that if I get a steady 10 megs down on my line, on a 12meg capable line, I'll be happy going forward - till fibre arrives in the sticks anyway !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AidenL wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just to point out something - I ordered a bundle with 24mb download included.

Received the first bill today. No broadband included. I'm still with Sky, who are imposing a €30.00 surcharge because Im using their broadband without calls. 

What happened was, as my line is only capable of 12mb max, as verified on a line check today, my broadband order dropped off. No-one told me this though ! And no router was sent out either.

5 working days was quoted as being the time for the switch over, meantime Sky are charging me a penal charge.

Might be a good idea for eircom to notify people that the broadband orders aren't being processed instead of letting it just run on. Meantime I have canceled my BB with Sky, so I may have no connection for a period. 

If the system accepts your order, after checking your number, why doesn't it go through automatically. 

Only think I'm pleased about is that if I get a steady 10 megs down on my line, on a 12meg capable line, I'll be happy going forward - till fibre arrives in the sticks anyway !

Hi AidenL

Can you private message me with your telephone number and address and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

All sorted now, and going nicely - quite glad I switched back to eircom now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AidenL wrote: »
    All sorted now, and going nicely - quite glad I switched back to eircom now

Hi AidenL

Glad to hear the good news,

Regards

Al

Advertisement