Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person to person delivery of ammunition?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a thread in the sales section selling ammunition. Does anyone know off the top of their head if it's possible to have a courier pick up the ammunition from me and deliver to another person, both licensed. I have emailed DPD but won't get a reply until tomorrow I expect. I don't believe that I am allowed to simply post it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Cannot see why not. All the websites that sell ammo, and deliver via a courier must be allowed to do so legally or they would not.

Plus i believe it's permitted for the purpose of transport only, and the person has a valid license. So the only stumbling block would be if the courier refuses to transport it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have received ammunition via registered post from a dealer.:pac::pac: Couriers are covered under the firearms act somewhere I'll try and dig it out. I know a dealer who receives firearms from the post man almost daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Yeah, I've received ammunition from dealers (multiple) via secure courier also. When I get an answer from the courier I emailed I will relay that information here. If anyone can remember names of courier companies that have delivered to you I'd be grateful of a PM so I can ask them the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

DPD deliver to my work regularly, I asked the driver and he said DPD won't carry firearms or ammunition anymore. They used to he said but not any more, so thats one courier that won't do it for you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would just have a look at a few companies terms and conditions etc.. I don't think you really need to ask them, If it is legal for you both to have them and they don't say on their website that they won't then I wouldn't say it to them, You could have a knee jerk reaction from someone who doesn't know the answer and i wouldn't really feel safe myself telling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Sportsden had written on their site that the company had to be approved by the gardai to do so..

To do with fellas with records working for the company maybe?

I'd imagine that has more to do with quantity as they may be shipping large volumes on a daily basis.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MarkWolff

Surely you would need to be a RFD to sell ammunition in the first place ?

If you are selling it commercially you do.

MarkWolff wrote: »
    Surely you would need to be a RFD to sell ammunition in the first place ?

I don't see why, I'm not importing/buying from a distributer. It's a small quantity of ammunition I no longer have need for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Fastway deliver ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

sports den uses fastway to deliver its ammo, also McGovern Transport will deliver/ pickup firearms/ammo

Tommy87 wrote: »
    DPD deliver to my work regularly, I asked the driver and he said DPD won't carry firearms or ammunition anymore. They used to he said but not any more, so thats one courier that won't do it for you anyway!

Correct, got a reply this morning, will try the other two now.

Postplus.ie will do it for reasonable money.

McGovern were about three times the price!

Advertisement