Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dealz seeds etc

• 23-04-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought/used the flower seeds from dealz?

They have compost for 1.50 too I'm wondering if that kind of price its to good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Brought various veg seed in Dealz, earlier last week sowed cabbage seed and near 80% have germinated, am well pleased so far.
    Be interesting to see if they develop into a decent cabbage head.
    Was talking to a Garden Center Owner who said he was pissed off with compost makers/suppliers ... most composts are a mix of Peat and green waste....So each bag / batch is different to the last so different results. Even the "best" brands were falling to supply consistent qualities. All Brands/Suppliers were trying to reduce Peat use, however he believes No Green compost will replace peat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I bought scallions/ Spring Onions in Dealz a few weeks ago. To be honest i'm pretty disappointed in the return rate, id say only 20-30% of the seeds came up and of those they look pretty miserable. I have them outside now - Partly because they had stopped growing in the tray and also because I got sick looking at them.

I have my next batch of seeds in seed trays, which I got in a garden center, cant recall seed manufacturer at the moment, and they are coming far better than the Dealz ones. Better return rate, possibly 80-90%, and far healthier looking.

On the other hand, I find dealz great for pots etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've bought bulbs from them last year and some of them had rottted in the bag the others produced very small buds and I had to bin a pot of tulips the other day as they just dried into tiny dead buds without ever growing to full height or even opening. I planted about 6 containers of tulips and hyacinths and nothing I got from Dealz has impressed me. The ones from Lidl did great thankfully.

Advertisement