Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Holiday, thoughts?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Most of the other threads seem to be discussing dates, accommodation, location etc. Instead opinions on the whole "experience" itself, good, bad thoughts, memories, expectations!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I think it is definitely a good time to create great memories with your friends before you all start college , as sad as it you don't know if you will stay friends with them so it is a great way to end the six years together, or just a great way to spend time with them,having fun before college.
    I didn't go on one last year and personally i don't regret it! It doesn't bother me now..
    one downside , i know a lot of groups that more and more people continued to join , think magaluf, huge group,drinking every night and fights started, people ending up not having a good holiday but you can't think of it that way , i think if you are in at all considering one and your friends want to go it will be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Have my 18th birthday a few days after the leaving, then going off for 2 weeks. After that I'll be hoping to get a job of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

Have booked Magaluf for July, but having only paid the deposit and thinking about backing out, the group I'm going with isn't the most reliable and suddenly 8 days seems a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I really really REALLY recommend you go, you will regret not going otherwise. It's something that you will remember for ages afterwards and it'll be the pinnacle of your summer. Without even considering drinking or going out at night, it's great to be a group of lads/girls all by yourselves and just having freedom after the leaving. You get to meet loads of people over there as well and sure you might meet a few of your prospective college friends in Ponsa/Magaluf while your there :pac:

And sure you've paid what I'm sure is a hefty enough deposit anyway and surely one of your friends is at least guaranteed to pay it? Our full amount is due in two weeks too and it'd still be just as good if it's just you and 2 or 3 others...I hope you're not in my group by the way ;)

Oh and by the way, if I still haven't tempted you does Calvin Harris, Example, Axwell, Tinie Tempah, Chase & Status, Avicii (and many more) sweeten the trip? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Have booked Magaluf for July, but having only paid the deposit and thinking about backing out, the group I'm going with isn't the most reliable and suddenly 8 days seems a long time...

I wouldn't recommend this. Magaluf is known to be tacky, dirty and a sleazy atmosphere. Alot of people go to these resorts (Irish/British esp.) tend to do STUPID, STUPID things. Most don't set out to do so. I'd reconsider tbh. Otherwise it may come back to bite you in the ass later on.

Stay classy San Diego.

• Advertisement
Advertisement