Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

another .com domain registry question...

• 23-04-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

So as the title suggests.I have a few questions about a website idea I have.I want to develop a website and app.

I want to register a .com domain name.Have had a look at blacknight/365 and a few others,just wondering if I buy a domain form any of the above,do they have any ownership to this domain?Can I get domain here and get a freelancer to develop the site?

Also wondering if I register it for 2 years and then have to renew it,who values how much the renewal would be?Just incase this thing goes global :p

Also does anyone know anything about protecting the name of an app?

Any help or any advice would be great,Thanks Guys.(from a tech dummy) :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can register the domain anywhere, and it's yours, you can then host the site elsewhere if it suits you.

The renewal price isn't affected by the site's popularity at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

You can register the domain anywhere, and it's yours, you can then host the site elsewhere if it suits you.

The renewal price isn't affected by the site's popularity at all...

Thanks Kevin.Just wondering do you know can you launch a .com website in any country or do you have to also own the local .ie,.co.uk,.com.au?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can use any domain suffix anywhere, you don't have to have the local ones. Up to you.

Advertisement