Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for a novice?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice really... I haven't fished for years and am looking to get back into it... I've been once or twice recently with no luck at all. I guess my problem is, I can't remember how to catch the buggers... really I'm looking for trout, I used to use spinners with no luck, and worms with limited luck - are these methods advisable/intelligent? What kind of rigs/set ups should i try? Not really into fly fishing, so not really keen to go down that route but any other advice/links would be greatly appreciated! Guess I'm not too fussed what type of fish I catch-I remember we used to catch pike and perch on spinners back in the day. .. I'm in the meath area fishing the boyne around trim, navan, longwood areas.

Advertisement