Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems streaming live football

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a problem streaming live coverage of Champions League matches on my PC. It has been getting progressively worse until I'm at the point of tearing my hair out. I should be watching Bayern v Barcelona now but instead I'm here, desperately hoping that someone can help me out.

I have no TV so use the PC to watch the Champions League on RTE or TV3. RTE was great until a couple of months ago then it started to freeze repeatedly. It has now got to the point where I cannot watch any football due to an 'uncaught error' - or any RTE programmes for that matter.

TV3 never gave a problem - until tonight. It would freeze very infrequently but nothing too bad. Tonight however it is freezing every few seconds to the extent that at half-time, the coverage on the TV3 player was still showing 10 minutes to go. I know that some games are very heavily streamed due to numbers watching and am wondering if this is the problem. I don't know how to explain RTE packing up though if this is the case.

I am a complete dunce when it comes to computers and know there will be groans when I say I'm using Internet Explorer as the default browser. However exactly the same happens if I use Mozilla. I have 3Gb landline broadband with Eircom and never have problems watching stuff on Netflix or Youtube. I guess this is because it's not live though.

The internet has been slower than usual lately but I put it down to just one of those things. Can anybody tell me why stuff freezes when watching it live and is there anything I can do to improve things? The final is coming up soon and if things don't improve I'll be bald :)

If any more information is needed please let me know, I know I'm a dunce and I should know a bit more about it, but like most people, I just want to switch this thing on and for everything to work properly. It's a Dell PC and is about 5 years old if that helps! Thanks.

Advertisement