Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shoes

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi got new shoes last week in good recomended running shop , was wear crap runner before that. Have been on 3 runs since then about 6 miles each time but feeling v sore ankles , knee, do you think i should brake in shoes i only wear them when running ? Just hope i got the right ones there expensive Enough as is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What sort of runs did you do before the new shoes? What were you in and what is your new shoe?

Generally with a new shoe follow a 2, 4, 6, 8 rule over 2 weeks. Unless you are replacing like for like with a running shoe I'd suggest a progression from 2k to 4k runs, if 4k is fine, next is 6k etc. If you have any adjustment issues drop back to the previous run distance before moving on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Bbrunnin

Hi was wearing cross trainer avia bought in regular sport shop when i started running ,was told that i was lucky didn t get injurY .got new shoes in buckley asisc st 20-8 . Have been running 4 times a week up to about 16-20 miles . Got new runners and just continued same training first run was great could really feel the difference in support but legs ankles and knee slightly sore after running so should i just cut back for week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Can't comment on the choice of shoe obviously.

I would anticipate that coming from the shoes you were wearing to the structured GT200 you will have a period of readapting your body. Use the 2/4/6/8 rule for a week for runs in the new shoes and see how you go.

If it doesnt sort itself out pop back to the shop and have a chat with the staff there. A little bit of feedback on your experience might suggest you are adjusting or need a slightly different shoe.

The shop should welcome this and help you figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Bbrunnin

Can't comment on the choice of shoe obviously.

I would anticipate that coming from the shoes you were wearing to the structured GT200 you will have a period of readapting your body. Use the 2/4/6/8 rule for a week for runs in the new shoes and see how you go.

If it doesnt sort itself out pop back to the shop and have a chat with the staff there. A little bit of feedback on your experience might suggest you are adjusting or need a slightly different shoe.

The shop should welcome this and help you figure it out.

Hi thank will defo try that but will find it hard to run less but its only for week .hopefully its just getting used to proper shoes .the shop was great first time tried on a good few shoes so should have no prob going back if needs be
    :cool:

Advertisement