Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decisions Decisions - Any Suggestions?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

I'm in the States and trying to decide between pistols. Narrowed it down to two, but still open to suggestions, which is the purpose of this post.

Not sure if I should go the way of a Glock 21 or HK P30 - any ideas? Any horror stories.

I'm pretty much settled on an auto, however, could go for a revolver.

So any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

FISMA wrote: »
    I'm in the States and trying to decide between pistols. Narrowed it down to two, but still open to suggestions, which is the purpose of this post.

Not sure if I should go the way of a Glock 21 or HK P30 - any ideas? Any horror stories.

So any ideas?

Thanks!

For a full size semi, I love Sig, be it the 220 or 229
    I just bought a Ruger LC9 as my CCW piece.
    I'll be back in Ireland when my tens days are up so it'll be a while till I get to try her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Before the stupid ban we have here I was looking at the fn range of pistols, very nice and also the cz ipsc or competition pistols are pretty sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Hk make a good pistol. Had a usp expert back in the day and it was accurate, easily stripped for cleaning and functioned flawlessly. Only con for me was heavy trigger even in SA. Sig has a nicer feel to it and if I was spending cash like that Id go for the x5 allround. Its the cheaper version of the x5 but feels and shoots as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

FISMA wrote: »

So any ideas?

Thanks!

Is this for edc or range only?

If your gonna carry it all day, trust me, a full size, fully loaded pistol gets real old real fast. I'd go with a steyr s40/m40 (great sights) or a Walter ppq.

If its just for range, then get some pimped out 1911 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I think I am leaning towards the Glock. Is one HK worth two Glocks?

I also hate to buy without feeling one in my hand. No-one seems to have the HK's around.

Thanks for the suggestions, however, a full size is the way I am going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Great to have choices,:)
    Sig for me.
    HK would be the next choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Is the Glock trigger ok for you, assume you are familiar with or tried it? Have you decided on caliber, .45 vs 9? I have a Glock 19, really like the pistol for a variety of reasons, but don't like the trigger. Put in a conversion kit to lighten trigger with some improvement.

If I was in the market right now for a smaller 9, I would be looking at the Sig P229, or the Sig SP2026 for an accurate, nice shooting & cost effective gun. Have not fired these but have held them, dry fired & done quite a bit of research, they are really fine. As of right now, have to admit I am very attracted to the Springfield Armory XD(M) 5.25.

Or a revolver eh? Well if you've got the money, look for a Colt Python :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Impact Guns in Utah is a site I use to research different guns and approximate pricing in the US. They have a large inventory listed, and usually a pretty "representative" price range. 3 stores locally there, they have a large internet sales.

http://www.impactguns.com/

(And for anyone unfamiliar, contrary to reports in the US media, purchase of a gun (other than antique or replica antique) still requires mailing to & purchase through a local Federally licensed FFL dealer, and the same Federal background check, just as if you purchased it from a gun store).

Advertisement