Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borax in Dublin

Options
  • 23-04-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had this in the DIY section but thought id throw it in here too. Im looking to buy borax around Dublin, ive heard it can be bought in some garden centres, anyone know if it can be bought anywhere?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi,

I had this in the DIY section but thought id throw it in here too. Im looking to buy borax around Dublin, ive heard it can be bought in some garden centres, anyone know if it can be bought anywhere?

Maybe give NAD a call and ask them.

http://www.nad.ie/

Dont know if you will get it,as it was supposedly banned by the EU 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emiloy

Hi! I got borax in mr.price it's very hard to find in the shop and hardly in stock, but try to go mid week, like Wednesday, as kids are taking it to make slime, I hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

try your pharmacy too, my kid wanted some to make slime a few months ago and we found some in a pharmacy, i think it was the 4th store we tried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was a warning on the radio the other day about the potential toxic effects of boron, given the upswing in demand for slime for kids.

i used to work with a guy who did physics in DCU who mentioned there was a few guys in there known as 'the boron morons' due to (alleged) damage done to them by excess exposure to boron.

Advertisement