Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 coverage problems

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

mtierney5 wrote: »
    I haven't even mentioned the wifi yet, but yes, my wifi drops regularly too around the house! It never dropped on the 4s...

Iv been onto apple loads of times, tried restoring the phone, they made me get a new SIM card in case it was faulty etc. all no good! I'm sending it back now but I'm not hopefull! Iv since been in touch with one man who has the same problem and 3 times he has sent the phone back to apple. Every time they send it back saying there is nothing wrong with it!

I'm starting to think is it just a poor quality antenna in the phone or something like that! I'm at my wits end at this stage with it!

That's exactly the reason I've been reluctant to phone apple! These huge companies have forgotten how to deal with individuals and make so much money from their products they don't seem to care. I've had a guts full of all the excuses from Three who I have my home broadband with, not one will put up their hands and admit they give crap coverage to rural areas because the profit is in the urban areas.
    Rant over lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I went through 2 new 4S phones with this problem along with my current 5 and its still an issue. I have given up trying to get it fixed right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mtierney5

Im just sick of it at this stage! Iv just been to the Vodafone store, (on the advice of Apple), to get a new sim card. Still the same! Im on ready to go, so iv paid a lot of money for this phone and to have this issue is just not acceptable!

Just had apple on the phone again. poor girl she rang me on my iphone 5 and I kept her on the phone for 5 minutes with it constantly breaking up and me shouting down the phone "can you hear me". eventually I gave her my wifes number after about 5 attempts and she rang me on that. when I answered I said, "that's my problem". she was genuinely in shock that it was so bad. I then had a full 10 minute conversation with her on my wifes 4s and never broke up once. Just to clarify, were both on Vodafone ready to go.

At least she got to experience my problem first hand and the phone is now going back for repair. I'll keep updates on a regular as I have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Migworks wrote: »
    That's not the issue though, mine is the wifi, not picking it up in certain places around the house like I used to with the 4s, keeps dropping wifi regularly even though I'm 10 ft away from the box! And I got the wife a 4s when I upgraded and she has much better coverage with the wifi!

I won't go into the 2G/3G again, like others said I think -unless there's something wrong- the reception should be better. With regards to wifi reception; few people (including myself) have noticed better reception on wifi after resetting the phone.

• Advertisement

Just realised I never updated this! They sent me a brand new phone and it's perfect since. I rang back to find out what the actual problem was but she couldn't tell me, only to say, the technician felt it best to replace the phone over repair it!!

Advertisement