Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Rebirth Videos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

what's this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Latest in the X-Universe series, I assume. Space trading sim. Great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Oh man X2 took years of my life. Never got that deep into X3. This should be better. One of the few true 4X series.

It really can suck hundreds of hours of your life away. That said, when Albion came out, and you couldn't import your TC saves, I couldn't be arsed setting up my trading empire again. I also kinda got a bit bored of it after I got a really steady source of income.

Hopefully X-Rebirth will re-ignite the enthusiasm of the first few dozen hours of the game, and keep it going once you become a proper mogul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Put a lot of time into the last 3.

Had great fun dominating the galaxy and until they patched it out using asteroids as giant bullets to destroy my business competition.

Used to set up base around earth in the later game, it meant no jumping in to a system but I was able to control my little empire better and being able to build and sell weapons to the Terrans was very profitable.

Too bad most story missions were usually gitched to where you couldn't complete them.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Too bad most story missions were usually gitched to where you couldn't complete them.

That's the one area they really have to improve on. The "main quest" missions are quite poorly designed. I know it must be hard to design a mission based on a user who may be a lowly novice with a few credits to his/her name, or a galaxy dominating tycoon with a few dozen capital ships at their disposal.

I'd almost scrap the story missions and just have a massive sandbox and no main questline, with some faction specific questlines that you can start after a certain point (money and reputation). Ones where you might be able to increase the influence of one race over others, maybe take over "enemy" sectors. I liked the way they introduced some faction specific missions, especially based on those who might be high-rep with the less popular races, like the Paranid or the Split.

Advertisement