Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on buying opel vectra

Options
  • 23-04-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4917045

anyone have any experiences on reliability, part's cost's and how easy they are to maintain yourself looking for a reliable cheap car but struggling to find one that is better then avensis for safety and reliability
    thank's
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very low mileage for a 10 year old diesel car but looks clean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Albert E. Arkwright

C reg in Dublin, tinted window and aftermarket stereo and alloys.
    I would strongly wager the mileage on that car is bullshyte, but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

What is wrong with a "C reg in Dublin"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

You've entered my area of expertise! I've owned 3 of these over the years. Their main problem is suspension. They have a tendancy to wear out ARB's bushings and track rod ends. Not a major issues but listen out for knockings on rougher surfaces. Part costs are fairly reasonable and no more expensive than other makes. They are a well built car and take mileage well so a cartell report to verfiy that mileage is recommended. Looking at the one you've linked there does appear to be a major fault indicator showing red on the dash. I can't make it out though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I also would strongly wager that's been clocked.

It had 98,029 Miles on the clock on the 26th April 2006, when it had the oil and oil filter done. Noted that it required front shocks at the time too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

I was interested in 1 (1.9) sometime ago and my query here drew no replies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81924640

My own research showed the 2.0 engine to be extremely trouble some
    (in the end I done a few jobs to my own yoke and taxed it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Albert E. Arkwright

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    What is wrong with a "C reg in Dublin"?

Absolutely nothing on its own. It's the overall combination used to form an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cianmg

yeah as a former renault espace owner i am worried about the engine which some people seem to have trouble with and other's not

Advertisement