Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost - to have a document signed by a solicitor ?

• 23-04-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have to get the below form signed by a practicing solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths.
    Statutory Declaration from Commissioner of Oaths (or practising solicitor/ Peace Commissioner)
    http://www.hetac.ie/docs/Template%20Statutory%20Declaration.pdf

I have never needed a solicitor in my life however and don't know any personally.
    I'm not sure if I can just walk into an office and have them sign this, or stop someone outside the four courts etc.

Could someone please advise me on the best way to get the document signed and estimated cost if any ?

I need it to get my replacement parchment for my degree.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭capefear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have to get the below form signed by a practicing solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths.

http://www.hetac.ie/docs/Template%20Statutory%20Declaration.pdf

I have never needed a solicitor in my life however and don't know any personally.
    I'm not sure if I can just walk into an office and have them sign this, or stop someone outside the four courts etc.

Could someone please advise me on the best way to get the document signed and estimated cost if any ?

I need it to get my replacement parchment for my degree.

Thanks for the help

Were you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There is no reason why you couldn't get it done for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

capefear wrote: »
    Were you based?

Oh, I'm based in Clondalkin. But I'll be heading into the city centre tomorrow to try get this sorted and some other documents that I need to get from my college etc

*I need to get a load of things apostillised before I travel to Korea, so trying to get everything in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Usually €10-15, you'll need to bring your passport/drivers licence.

Usually €10-15, you'll need to bring your passport/drivers licence.

Go to a peace commissioner they don't charge. If Your round D2 thurs iI can sort the documents out for you.

• Advertisement

Go to a peace commissioner they don't charge. If Your round D2 thurs iI can sort the documents out for you.

Where or what is a peace commissioner ? where would they generally be ?

Cheers for the replies btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Slyderx1

if you use a commission er for oaths its 10 euro a statutory charge for attesting the signature. Garda keep list of P.Cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

€10 usually to have a document certified by a solicitor, the DFA on Stephan's Green charge €40 for apostlising documents.

Slyderx1 wrote: »
    if you use a commission er for oaths its 10 euro a statutory charge for attesting the signature. Garda keep list of P.Cs.

Excellent, I'll pop into a garda station tomorrow so. Cheers !

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Excellent, I'll pop into a garda station tomorrow so. Cheers !

I'm a PC based in Dublin 2. Send me a pm and ill help you out tomorrow afternoon if that suits you.

• Advertisement

I'm a PC based in Dublin 2. Send me a pm and ill help you out tomorrow afternoon if that suits you.

Cheers, I definitely will send a PM when in town tomorrow. Thanks a bunch :D

I'll ask at my local garda station first though anyways, as I have to apply for a "Police Certificate" to show I've no criminal record etc
    You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you live.

Advertisement