Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding

Options
  • 23-04-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone had a thesis bound by core concepts recently? Lecturers have mentioned that the quality of them was not great, but that they may have improved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

The SU at it Sligo do spiral binding for a few euro. I haven't used core concepts for the 'book binding' myself sorry so not sure on that one. There's prob websites for other places where you could get it done instead

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Got one done a few weeks back, quality is alright (although I've nothing to compare it to as it was the only one I've ever got binded) but their customer service is terrible. Couple of smart arse ones running it cracking 'jokes' about students and have a general sarcastic tone, numerous people complaining about it in class.

They rip you off on printing too (cheaper than IT for colour but if you've only a few pages colour you'll still get charged for every page at the colour price) so your better off printing it yourself and giving it to them to bind. There's nowhere else in Sligo that does hard back binding though so unless you travel elsewhere they're yer only option unfortunately.

Get a final price in writing first. They caught me once, never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sligo office supplies hardly does binding does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Sligo office supplies hardly does binding does it ?

Yes!!! Just had 2 binding done today for €4:D
    Nice job!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

easkey wrote: »
    Yes!!! Just had 2 binding done today for €4:D
    Nice job!
    There's absolutely no way you had two hard back binding done for €4. You're probably talking about spiral binding (which is a lot cheaper), the OP is not.

Core Concepts is the only place in Sligo that does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

thebuzz wrote: »
    There's absolutely no way you had two hard back binding done for €4. You're probably talking about spiral binding (which is a lot cheaper), the OP is not.

Core Concepts is the only place in Sligo that does it.

No not hard back and €4 each:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Got something heatbound by CoreConcepts during the week. Staff are generally generally sarcastic and unhelpful had to pay for all colour for only a few colour pages. Was 20€ for bind and print (40pages) I prefer the heat bind to spiral, Dont the Weekender (newspaper) do hardback bindings?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Stay away from CoreConcepts. So unhelpful and smart asses. Wouldn't trust them with a document of any signifigance. Im bout to get my research masters bound and am going to print it, send it to galway and get it posted back.
    Bit more expesive with the postage but least it is a professional job!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

bubsicle wrote: »
    Stay away from CoreConcepts. So unhelpful and smart asses. Wouldn't trust them with a document of any signifigance. Im bout to get my research masters bound and am going to print it, send it to galway and get it posted back.
    Bit more expesive with the postage but least it is a professional job!

I forgot to get back to this thread:p

Have to agree after posts in this thread and the feedback from students in the class who used CoreConcepts. They also just seem to pull prices from the air e.g.

200 page document to be bound: 40 euro a copy
    100 page document to be bound: 53 euro a copy
    65 page document to be bound: 45 euro a copy

The quality of their binding also seems to be lacking.

I ended up using Kenny's in Galway and couldn't be happier, excellent service all-round and their prices are justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I never found them great either, on the customer service front, and too expensive - I'd look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bizzyizzy

Gotta say I couldn't disagree more. Went to core concepts last year for a few heat binds. Prices were pretty good (less than €20 for the lot) and they did it for me there and then. Straight forward and a pleasure to deal with. Needed to get my masters hard back bound last september and they were cheaper and quicker than kennys and the job was superb. Need to get another one done for my parents and will definitely go back. I think the other guy with pricing difficulties must be getting confused with all the different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

bizzyizzy wrote: »
    Gotta say I couldn't disagree more. Went to core concepts last year for a few heat binds. Prices were pretty good (less than €20 for the lot) and they did it for me there and then. Straight forward and a pleasure to deal with. Needed to get my masters hard back bound last september and they were cheaper and quicker than kennys and the job was superb. Need to get another one done for my parents and will definitely go back. I think the other guy with pricing difficulties must be getting confused with all the different options.
    hello core concepts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Just to add, the lads that got theirs done in Core Concepts were that disappointed/angry they pinned the bag to the pin board in the Civil Eng final year room. They then wrote on the bag warning the next final years to avoid at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bizzyizzy

Such a shame. Personally I couldn't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Zombie thread. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement