Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE/E! Total Divas thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

So does anyone know the story about Sheamus being blurred? And he waved off the camera as if to say "don't film me".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Adiboo wrote: »
    So does anyone know the story about Sheamus being blurred? And he waved off the camera as if to say "don't film me".

Probably didn't sign a release form. Matt Striker was a blurred face too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It was the apparent waving away of the camera I found more odd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Reading a review of it I was pretty confused by who Jarrett was, at first I thought it was Double-J and I was wondering what the hell he was doing there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus that Ariane one's bf is some child

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

He has to be a (bad!) actor,nobody is that much of a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Kaitlyn said in an interview that she avoids the cameras filming her by throwing up gang signs or something they have to blur. Sheamus waving away the camera was probably his signal to blur his face, though if they wanted to hide his identity they'd have to colour-correct his skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »
    Probably didn't sign a release form. Matt Striker was a blurred face too.

Strange, the show is produced by his employers, didn't think they would need a release form.

I guess he's entitled to privacy but in WWE arena?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Always have to remember this is a "Reality show" which means that it's 95% staged and not real and in the same way that when I heard Miz on Colt Cabana's podcast recently people were talking about him as Mike and not Miz at times and actually coming across as likeable until he turned on his "Persona" these ladies probably aren't actually like they allow themselves be portrayed. Therefore even I will take this with a massive pinch of salt because I know that what im writing is based primarily on portrayals of potential personalities.

Speaking of peronalities Eva Marie is damn lucky she is so hot because I really dont think she has one. This episode was also edited in a way to make her look really odd. She kept saying in the interviews to the camera that she was weary of Gabriel / advising Jojo against him but at no point did this get shown in the actual show (except maybe after he was with another girl buteven then what was shown was nothing more than him talking to someone) in fact she got shown eggin her on at the start.

Brie mode - um she got drunk, it's not like she was Frank The Tank or anything extreme, though Bryan again came out of it looking good as a result.

Arianne (sp?) and her boyfriend both seem like dumb numpties (nice way of insulting them) but with them and her in particular given her Tough Enough debut I dont really think it is a character although I wouldnt be shocked if some Total Divas exec is getting her to play it up without her even knowing by telling her how great her catchphrases like "the bombdotcom" and the like are.

O and one think that has been really bothering me, ok I know it gets Nattie more air time something she has truely been lacking in the WWE and airtime on total divas could equal more time on Raw etc but why in gods name is Tyson Kidd ok with how he is being portrayed on the show. Another showing very little personality where one ep is about him not having a great sex-life with Nattie another where he seems whipped by his mom and he is constantly being refered to as not romancing his woman enough the same woman who is openly enjoying the attension of another man on the show. Unless it's building to something he is just flat out being shown in a terrible light and def not one that would help his persona as a wrestler when he ever returns from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Doubt Tyson Kidd has any say in how he's portrayed,so he probably has to be okay with it for the sake of his job.

He's never shown much personality on WWE TV before anyway, so him showing none on this show isn't much of a surprise really.

• Advertisement

Once he agrees to do the show, he can't protest against how he's portrayed unless they're actually defaming his reputation - and even then it's not defamation if it's true. He did go to stay with his mother and invite Nattie to dinner at his sister's on her birthday

As for "Brie Mode", the Americans aren't as heavy drinkers over there. An average drunk girl over here would be considered an embarrassing mess over there. Plus Brie's nearly 30 so it's a little bit more shameful for a woman that age to be falling about like a 16-year-old

And I think Eva was encouraging JoJo to flirt and have a little fun. She didn't expect JoJo to fall head over heels and think something would come of her crush

Once he agrees to do the show, he can't protest against how he's portrayed unless they're actually defaming his reputation - and even then it's not defamation if it's true. He did go to stay with his mother and invite Nattie to dinner at his sister's on her birthday

As for "Brie Mode", the Americans aren't as heavy drinkers over there. An average drunk girl over here would be considered an embarrassing mess over there. Plus Brie's nearly 30 so it's a little bit more shameful for a woman that age to be falling about like a 16-year-old

And I think Eva was encouraging JoJo to flirt and have a little fun. She didn't expect JoJo to fall head over heels and think something would come of her crush

Well I wouldnt neccesarily think it is true, this is a reality show afterall which despite the name means it's not reality and almost everything is staged. Unless he is dumb he would know that he would come out of it looking absolutely terribly and like a complete wuss in my opinion, afterall there is a cameraman standing there with him and Nat as she pleads with him to stay for some romantic birthday time with her inn the hotel they agreed to get instead of staying in his mothers 1 bedroom flat. There is no way if it was actually real that wouldnt make you stop and reflect on how bad you would look to the viewers when you instead neglect your beautiful wife on her birthday which she is making such a big deal of. Similarily Nat & The Bella's or whoever would know there is a cameraman two feet from them as they discuss the texts she keeps getting and enjoying from another man, if it was real someone would be saying hey Nat at the very least keep this private and dont stop and make a public announcement about it as your fiancee will eventually see this show.

Therefore you would have to imagine that these things are pre agreed in advance and although they may be somewhat true, as in maybe he is a mommies boy so they decide "ok guys this episode will be exploring that issue and going with a storyline where you leave Nat alone on her birthday cos she doesnt want to stay at mommies". However every week him coming across as a complete wuss should imo make him not all that pleased with his portrayal on screen. not saying he has any control over how his character gets portrayed and when it goes to the cutting room floor but I wouldnt expect he would think he comes across too well when he sees it especially not for a Wrestler who is supposed to be intimidating in some form.

It was the cutting room floor bit was all I meant about Eva and JoJo too not really blasting her for egging on Jojo but none of her warning JoJo that she talked of in here to camera interviews was actually shown on the show and I think Brie mode was just to give her a storyline this week as I doubt she was any worse than the others who we didnt see return to their hotel rooms.

anyway thats for too much time posting about total divas for a week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've not seen the face blurring, but I wonder....would people think maybe it was done so as to generate discussion online about the show? Give people something to conspiracy about? It's a WWE show so if they wanted someones face, they are going to just show it. Not as if Sheamus has the pull to have his face blurred if WWE want it shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just going through the tv guide and I see total divas well be on sky sports next monday

We got a Vince sighting this week. Funny how they only showed the bad parts of the singing performance. I thought JoJo did quite good and WWE must have thought so too considering they put her version on Itunes and had her sing the National Anthem at SummerSlam

Ariane and Vincent came across as genuine people rather than the cartoon characters the show had been making them out to be at this point. Dare I say it - I hope they can work things out

Think this is now officially my new Jersey shore.

I dont think it's good TV (no offense to anyone but it's not like some of the other shows like Breaking Bad or The Newsroom that i'm watching each week) and particular characters can really wreck my head (usually Arianne and occasionally The Bella's & Eva Marie) plus I know it's staged reality but goddamn it, I keep watching and commenting on it anyway.

GTL bro, GTL

So happy to find out there's 2 episodes tonight:
    The Total Divas reunion 30 minute show taped a few weeks ago in Florida will air at 11 p.m., after the wedding episode, tonight on E!

Tyson Kidd and Nattie's cat passed away today:
    gizmo-cat-gif.gif

Relatively a big deal given it is a cat. Gismo was often pictured with the two on social media and even had its own Twitter.

We all get old but John Cena's bald spot on the Total Divas after show. :-(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We all get old but John Cena's bald spot on the Total Divas after show. :-(

Never knew Cena had a gay brother , Its weird how random things ya learn from this show

• Advertisement

Never knew Cena had a gay brother , Its weird how random things ya learn from this show

He mentioned it while "doorstepped" by TMZ the night Darren Young came out.

John has cut some really homophobic material in his day from his early rapper stuff (stylistically justified I supposed) to calling Justin Gabriel "Justin Gay-briel " backduring his Nexus days to if I remember correctly making a gay reference to The Rock during the build up to one of the Wrestlemanias.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Correctly making a gay reference to The Rock during the build up to one of the Wrestlemanias.

Didn't know he was out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

making a gay reference to The Rock during the build up to one of the Wrestlemanias.

yeah he got in trouble from GLAAD as a result of some of that stuff that he said!!

he also offered to give the rock a pearl necklace so maybe he was trying to balance it out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

yeah he got in trouble from GLAAD as a result of some of that stuff that he said!!

he also offered to give the rock a pearl necklace so maybe he was trying to balance it out! :pac:

Pretty woeful, but the fact it was bookended by a threat to take a dump on his chest makes it all the more disturbing.

Mind, there must that one fan who gets false jollies from this kinda thing.

Watch with the family:
    Total Divas premieres in the UK Monday at 10 PM on Sky Sports 3

Poor Nattie if it isn't the farting it is the pissing.

watched this yesterday

I enjoy the show like how I enjoyed watching Jersey Shore but I cen't help but think who comes out of this looking good?

Arianne & Vincent F*ck no! both of them would wreck your head

Eva Marie & JoJo hell no! Eva Marie is just so forced in everything she does, from her "rivalry" with the Bellas to how much she seems to love herself and big herself up at every possible moment. Meanwhile JoJo is just so very meh! does she ever do anything?

Natalya & TJ At first in this show Nattie was the one coming out of this looking good but since then we have had TJ looking like the most whipped man on the planet and this episode where her entire story was I peed myself didn't exactly go down well with me.

Cena & Nikki Bella, Cena along with Bryan had been coming out of this show looking good and he was making his Bella lady a little more likeable as a result but this week their bits seemed sooo staged that it just looked bad. sure Cena only decided to go get his elbow checked when she told him to even though it looked like he had a freaking tennis ball in his elbow and the WWE would sh!t a brick if he was injured seriously.

I think Trinity and Jon (Jimmy Uso) and Bryan & Brie are the ones coming out of this alright at the moment while still seeming to be somewhat real.

there the show is back as is BH writing far to much about it on boards :D

you can tell what parts of Eva's stuff are staged because she's actually shown a lot of depth in other episodes. she doesn't drink and chooses not to go out clubbing when in Vegas (and Brie of all people turns out to be a drunken mess). she also has issues with JoJo that she tries to resolve maturely by talking them out (and JoJo just bitches and acts immature). she's also engaged and you don't see her fiancee on the show much, which means there's no drama

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Nikki was married before, next week Brie and Bryan's wedding on Total Divas aka Keeping Up with the Bellas :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have to admit I do miss this show when it is on hiatus.

Advertisement