Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth accommodation

Options
  • 24-04-2013 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am starting a new job in Delhi St in West Perth on Monday.

Would anyone have any recommendation on where to stay? I'd be looking for a 3 / 4 Bed house. My budget would be around $200 per week. I don't want to be too close to the city but probably close to the train line.

Thanks,
    Cathal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I think your budget is way too low. You wont get a 3/4 bed house close to a train line for $200 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Ok, how much would you think. I had a luck on Gumtree and the average was $200. Cheers.

You sure that isnt just for a room?

check out this link. They go from 400 up or so. around the Brentwood area
    http://www.property.com.au/rent/with-3-bedrooms-in-brentwood%2c+wa+6153/list-1?source=refinements

Same for south perth. $400 is the basement price
    http://www.property.com.au/rent/with-3-bedrooms-in-south+perth%2c+wa+6151/list-1?activeSort=price-asc

Are you familiar with Perth?

Just around the city. I was searching on Gumtree but they don't have pics!

Thanks for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You'll get a room for $200 in a house, nothing more.

• Advertisement

Cheers, well I was just asking if anyone knew of nice areas in West Perth? Ignore my $200 budget. Thanks.

All of West Perth is pretty nice, but the closer you are to Subiaco the more pricey it is likely to be.

If you're working in West Perth, and Delhi Street is a short stroll to City West train station by the looks of it, then consider looking a bit further out along the Fremantle train line, it'll only leave you a short commute and your money will go further.

If your budget can stretch it any of the western suburbs are good. Basically from North Freo right up to Wembley would be convenient for you.

Cool, thanks for that!

Just looked at where Delhi Street is. You can pretty much live anywhere as the yellow cat goes along wellington past the bus station and the train station right you to near Delhi street. Also that is only a 10 minute or so walk from the city

• Advertisement

Thanks a million guys! It's a bit more difficult when most of the ads on Gumtree don't have pictures!

Yeah in terms of location, Delhi Street is not far off being as good as it gets for work.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about finding a place in West Perth specifically, if you look at some suburbs between City West and North Freo you should be grand.

Ya exact location isn't that important. I used to walk 6km home every day from Dublin anywho.

Also be careful of gumtree, there can be scams. Dont hand over any money until you have viewed the place.

Also a formal contract is a good thing.

Advertisement