Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1911 feeding issues

• 24-04-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I bought a WE 1911 and it seems to stop feeding after a couple of shots.There is still gas and bb's in the mag but it just fires the gas out and not the bb.If i pull the slide back it loads 2 then into the chamber?Any ideas?

Also how long should teh mag take to fill?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Mag filling- 3-5 seconds. (until the sound of gas in those mags sounds more like liquid and pull it out you hear a goo TST not a hisssss.

In terms of not feeding it is either the loading nozzle (rarely is, only WE ever got right with their pistols)
    OR it is most likely the hop-up rubber or hop up unit.

Is the gas venting out of the front (hop up rubber/ knocker valve issue)
    or out of the top (chamber) if it is the latter, than it i definitely Blow Back housing related (loading nozzle, piston, etc.

My advice, take it down, clean it, oil and ANY screws, tighten them.

There are 3 on the hop up unit, one in the rear of the gun behind the hammer, one on the sights (only if MEU), and last one is in the piston

If you take the slide off, and than pull the loading nozzle down with all slide components in it post up what happens?

Does it happen with all mags?

(Sorry for the essay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

Hi

Thanks for the info. Yes it happens with all mags and when it just fires gas it fires like it would normally ie gas blast with recoil just not pellet coming out.

Advertisement