Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless lav options?

Options
  • 24-04-2013 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to buy a wireless Lavalier camera system from Musicstore but am faced with four wireless options.

E1 865.125Mhz.
    E2 863.625Mhz.
    E3 864.500Mhz.
    E4 864.875Mhz.

Can anyone recommend the best option or would they all be fairly interference free at these high frequencies?

Thanks,

IM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm going to buy a wireless Lavalier camera system from Musicstore but am faced with four wireless options.

E1 865.125Mhz.
    E2 863.625Mhz.
    E3 864.500Mhz.
    E4 864.875Mhz.

Can anyone recommend the best option or would they all be fairly interference free at these high frequencies?

Thanks,

IM

To be fair none of those bandwidths will be guaranteed to be free from interference, in fact that bandwidth is now for general wireless audio use for consumers and not professional audio - i.e. wireless headphones etc. You might also run into interference in larger cities and areas that have 4g networks.

Its explained here to some extent
    http://www.sennheiserireland.com/ie/home_en.nsf/root/service_products_sennheiser-wireless-channel

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi 11811,

Thanks for getting back.
    I saw that on the Sennheiser site and checked Comreg as well.
    I'd really only be using them for vows in Weddings etc..Phones would/should be off.
    I'm guessing at this stage I'd be just take a chance on one of them.

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi 11811,

Thanks for getting back.
    I saw that on the Sennheiser site and checked Comreg as well.
    I'd really only be using them for vows etc in Weddings etc..Phones etc would be off.
    I'm guessing at this stage I'd be just take a chance on one of them.

IM

Ah if its only for occasional use, you'll probably get away with it. Just be sure to have a bit of a back up, on board camera mic or whatever.

In terms of which one, I don't think there is a hell of a lot of a difference in that range.

Bear in mind that churches often use wireless mics too, just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i have a Sennheiser Evolution wireless 100-p series for capturing audio and also as a backup 2 small Yamaha Pocketrack digital voice recorders.
    Works great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

That was my other option Fionn.
    i think I'll hold off for a while and go for the Sennheisers.
    As 11811 said, I could have issues with other wireless mics in churches.
    The Samson Airline Micros have a fixed frequency..

• Advertisement
Advertisement