Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discontinue my app

Options
  • 24-04-2013 10:00am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi all, quick question from a non-technical guy!

I had an app on the Google Play & Apple Store. I have deleted/unpublished both of them as I would like to discontinue the app due to it being really poor. Now that it’s removed from the both stores, is there any way that I can delete it from users who have it already installed on their phones?

I know that it’s probably a long shot but I don’t want users using an app that doesn’t function correctly.

Also, by deleting the app, have I stopped the possibility of changes being made to the app? E.g. push alerts, aesthetic changes.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I can't speak for android, but you can't remote delete an app on iOS.

Users with your app would still get push alerts (but why would you be sending them out?) but there'd be no changes to UI or functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

No way to delete it from Android either. But if it relies on any sort of a backend service, then when that goes down users will probably just delete it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can release an update for it that basically replaces it with a "SORRY NOPE" message, but users will probably rage at you :D

Google themselves (and apple) can remotely nuke apps, but developers can't do this themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 freddiemercury

yes we had the same problem with IOS
    you can update app to not function but you will
    probably loose customers as in reality you only get one shot at getting
    customers if they are not happy they will not return
    learned this at our own mistake
    Goodluck

Advertisement