Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 2.40 Berlin marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Haha very good Big Logger,I always bring plenty of jacks roll :D

7miles on Thursday with the pram,didnt get till late in the day.
    8miles on Friday with GOH and the pram
    10miles Saturday @ 6.30 pace,ran first have easy and picked it up second half.Don't seem to be able to face a session at the moment so best to keep to steady runs and some hill runs.

miles so far this week:59
    Been using puma fass 500 for most of my runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

I like this log ;) will be watching with interest!

Late going to bed 2.30am and then woken by the little one at 4.30am so decided to get up at 6am and do the long run cause I knew later I wouldn't find the time or have the nrg.

Must change the garmin back to miles as still on km's.
    First couple km's 4.20 pace and gradually picked it up until I was running 4min km's for most of the run.

Finished up with 22km in 90minutes.

Shoes:Puma Fass 500
    Niggles:right shin,left calf and left side of back(Im getting old)

72 miles for the week

Headed out to Phoenix park and ran at a very easy pace.Was clock watching abit on this run which isn't a good sign.
    Ended up bumping into Paddy and went for the rest of the run with him and a lift home.
    8miles @ 7.10 pace.

Evening run with Conor and Gary @ 9.20pm
    Ran nice and steady and felt better than morning run.
    9 miles 7min pace

Nice easy 11 miles with GOH today in the Phoenix Park.
    Weather was perfect and felt great.Best I have felt in the last 2 months.

Track season starting tomoroow night in santry,might run out and watch if I can.Down to do 3k Steeple in 2 weeks time int he National League so better do a couple track sessions soon.

week so far:28 miles
    shoes fass 500
    Surface: grass

• Advertisement

Very easy 9 miles on my own in the Phoenix park.
    Had planned on meeting my mate but has to get some work stuff sorted.
    Weather is either sunny or lashing rain so hard to get the layers right.
    Another easy run planned tomorrow and maybe some hills on Friday or Saturday.

If anyone fancies a long run Sunday message me.

Had to go to Dundrum today so instead of a bus and luas I ran there and back.

Total run was 15miles and pace was a shade under 7minute miles.
    Total miles so far this week:52
    Surface:concrete
    Shoes:Fass 500

Nice easy run from Chapelizod to Tymon park where I met Spud,ran 30minutes with him and then ran up to Kilnamanagh for a quick shower and off to Vinny for a massage.
    Got some much needed work on my left hip flexor.

Total miles this week:65
    Surface:50/50 grass & road
    Shoes:On cloudrunners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Nice easy run from Chapelizod to Tymon park where I met Spud,ran 30minutes with him and then ran up to Kilnamanagh for a quick shower and off to Vinny for a massage.
    Got some much needed work on my left hip flexor.

Total miles this week:65
    Surface:50/50 grass & road
    Shoes:On cloudrunners

Good to see you dragging him out for a run :D

I think he just wanted to show of his new racers :D

• Advertisement

I think he just wanted to show of his new racers :D

Haven't seen them off his feet since he got them :D

Plan was to train when the missus got home but she had other ideas so after 3 hours shopping I kept putting off my run.
    3 caramel eggs,3 toffee crisps and packet of bacon fries later I left the appartment at 9.15pm.

Wanted to do a hill session but heart wasn't in it and wasn't motivated.
    After 4 miles running I decided to do the session.
    6 x 70-72 seconds(first 100m flat)
    Just worked on form and didn't push them hard,felt great afterwards and did 3 mile cooldown.
    Total just over 10miles.

weekly total so far:75miles
    shoes:brooks pure flow
    surface:50/50 grass/road

I plan on doing this hill session every saturday if anyone is up for it let me know.

Met up with Ecoli for a run today at lunch time.Sun was out and perfect day for a run.
    We headed up towards the waterworks and a loop there.Pace was very relaxed and picked up a little on the way back.
    Hit 16 miles and the hip flexors where crying telling me to stop.

Reached mile 18 and relalised it was about another 3-4 miles home so jumped on the luas drenched in sweat.
    Jumped of at Kylmore stop and 2mile run from there left me with 20miles in 1hour 18minutes.

Total week mileage:95
    Shoes:Brooks Ghost(felt strange but nice back in a 12mm heel to toe drop shoe)

Jumped of at Kylmore stop and 2mile run from there left me with 20miles in 1hour 18minutes.

Wow didn't realise we were really moving :D

Forget the 2.40 man its all about the sub 2:p

I must have fell asleep on the luas with heat stroke and left the garmin running haha.
    In fairness my last 2miles where sub 6min miles.
    Need to get these hip flexors sorted.
    Long run again next Sunday?Maybe try rope a few others along !!!

I must have fell asleep on the luas with heat stroke and left the garmin running haha.
    In fairness my last 2miles where sub 6min miles.
    Need to get these hip flexors sorted.
    Long run again next Sunday?Maybe try rope a few others along !!!

Same as man actually got slightly toasted yesterday (damn pasty Irish complexion)

On Course till about 4 or so, wont be able to get out till the evening. Too late for you?

Going to head out now as have to pick up keys to the kingdom later :D

Met up with goh for a run in the park.Felt a little sluggish early on but as run progressed I felt good.
    Pace was 730 and dropped down to 6.30's for a total of 13miles in 90minutes.

week so far:13
    shoes:fass 500
    No niggles

Busy day today and had loads of things to do before 1pm.
    Decided to run to all my meetings so from Chapelizod to Ashtown and then to city centre and back to Chapelizod.
    Felt tired early on and then bumped into my mate at random and he was going training a client so jumped in with them for abit.

Got into a nice grove in the last 4-5 miles all under 6.30 pace.

Total 16miles

week to date:29 miles
    surface:road

Busy day today and had loads of things to do before 1pm.
    Decided to run to all my meetings so from Chapelizod to Ashtown and then to city centre and back to Chapelizod.
    Felt tired early on and then bumped into my mate at random and he was going training a client so jumped in with them for abit.

Got into a nice grove in the last 4-5 miles all under 6.30 pace.

Total 16miles

week to date:29 miles
    surface:road

47 miles in 3 days. You better not be going ultra on us Kev :D

• Advertisement

Have to get a good marathon under my belt before I go ultra :p

Jasus I didnt realise it was that much in 3 days :eek:

Had to pull out of light session yesterday with calf problem.No running today or tomorrow and hopefully ok for steeple on sunday.

Easy 40minutes(5miles)
    Calf still tender but not near as painfull.Sunday will be torture but can't let the club down so got to race.

Just as I was starting to get fit again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Hope it heals quick. I swear by the wheatgrass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Easy 40minutes(5miles)
    Calf still tender but not near as painfull.Sunday will be torture but can't let the club down so got to race.

Just as I was starting to get fit again :mad:
    Can't rope anyone else to run the league for you,? A steeple is the last thing you need with a bad calf could end your Berlin training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

shels4ever wrote: »
    Can't rope anyone else to run the league for you,? A steeple is the last thing you need with a bad calf could end your Berlin training

+1 got to be a bit selfish on this one IMO. Theres clearly a super time in you over 26.2. In 10 years will you care about the steeple chase race? I wouldnt do anything to jeopardise your current good form

Ye to be honest id get away with a half marathon over a steeplechase but gota do this one for the club.

Nice improvement today,the self massage seems to be working.
    4 miles in 30minutes,left it late as had a trip out to watch IMC and then champions league final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I think you're bonkers. Club will need you for Dublin 10 mile champs, national half and XC season. Does your club have a realistic chance of making national league final? If they make it will you be able to run the steeple then?

I was asked to run the 5k on track. Have family stuff this weekend so that overrode everything but wouldn't have done it as I've minor and I mean minor lower leg pain and track could have aggravated shin splints. the steeple is a totally different beast. There may be a reason you've made more injury comebacks than Darren Anderton!

Darren Anderton on the comeback trail last few days.

Ran the steeple and calf went after 2 laps,struggled home but managed 2nd in our division and we topped the opening round.

Next 3 days I was in pain walking but has eased now so more than likely a grade 1 tear.

Ran 20minutes Saturday and 2 x 20minutes Sunday with the second run a little quicker all on grass and trail.
    Today after another day painting the new shop ran 50minutes after again on grass.

So what next?
    Need to get some needling or massage asap.Easy runs for the coming week.

• Advertisement

Felt bouncy and good today,maybe it was the good weather???
    Ran 4miles am and 10miles pm.

Advertisement