Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 2.40 Berlin marathon

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Hard to say on just one run but positive so far.Only slight negative is the toe box is a little wide and strange I would probably go down a half size compared to other Mizuno shoes.

I didn't realize the Precision is being discontinued must check tomorrow.
    Been out of the loop the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Monday:Had company for 50 minute run in the park and only for that would have stopped as achilles very tender.

I ignored achilles pain that came and went and now im not running and spending my mornings lowering my heel off a step with 5 stone strapped to my back.....

can pm you the treatment paper if you like

interesting that we are both supinators and pick up mostly the same injuries (almost in the same sequence!)

I ignored achilles pain that came and went and now im not running and spending my mornings lowering my heel off a step with 5 stone strapped to my back.....

can pm you the treatment paper if you like

interesting that we are both supinators and pick up mostly the same injuries (almost in the same sequence!)

Yes please send them on.
    Sore in the morning and tender in the evening is the best way to describe it right now.

Wed:4miles am and 4miles pm
    Thur:Late night run of 9miles
    Fri:4miles am and easy 7 miles with Peter around 8.10-20 pace and 4miles home at 7min pace (15)

4mile run to work and pigged out at the cinema after.

Hopefully 14+ miles tomorrow.

Nice group of 7 for today's run with some running 40mins/50mins and an hour.
    two sub 4 minute milers in the group and an Olympian so good company today.

Ran steady 6.40 pace and last 35mins at 6.10 pace for a total of 16miles.
    Things starting to come together now and time to put a programme together for Berlin asap.
    Total 70miles this week.

• Advertisement

4miles am and 10miles pm.Had company on the second run along the canal and great weather.
    Had my Universe on today as left my Sayonara behind me(good test for the achilles)
    Almost into the marathon groove now.

From Thursday im doing a relay race around Ireland well some of it.It is from phoenix Park to Kilkenny and Kinvara and will be 250k.
    the trip is payed for by Saucony and some limited edition Kinvaras and nice gear plus hotel and beer so would have been rude to say no.

wtd:14

looks like it's going to be a week of steady miles.
    Ran 6miles am and 11miles pm
    Forgot my shorts so was running in long cargo shorts(bloody baking)
    Also forgot my runners so ran in the Universe again.So tempted to get a new pair but some new Kinvara 4's and Triumphs arrived to my parents house for the race this week :)

Was going to run 5k on the track tomorrow but have no way of getting out and want an easy day tomorrow.
    wtd:31

7 miles steady today
    wtd 38

Ran 6 days and then did a 250k relay race around Ireland with Saucony.
    We lost out by 2minutes in the end after 14hours of racing.

Ran 5 legs which varied in length from 11k-16k
    Held 3.30 km's for most of the legs and on the last leg of the first day my achilles was giving me trouble.Since then I have been struggling to walk in the morning.
    Going to take the week off and maybe book in for some laser.
    Berlin is out the window :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

People I knew that were signed up for Berlin and now not doing it:

Thirstywork2
    Mr Slow
    Sunflower Ro
    Jcsmum

Could be a lonely weekend after all :(

• Advertisement

Ran 6 days and then did a 250k relay race around Ireland with Saucony.
    We lost out by 2minutes in the end after 14hours of racing.

Ran 5 legs which varied in length from 11k-16k
    Held 3.30 km's for most of the legs and on the last leg of the first day my achilles was giving me trouble.Since then I have been struggling to walk in the morning.
    Going to take the week off and maybe book in for some laser.
    Berlin is out the window :mad:

Sorry to hear that. Race sounds epic though.Hope it heals faster than mine is. Please let me know how the laser goes

6minute run Monday and 10minutes this morning.

42 days without running and no improvements.Treatment tomorrow evening !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Have you had any other treatments/advice Kev?

1km run in the park,watching the lads do 1km repeats made me so jealous.

Treatment with CMac tonight and lots learnt.Some eccentric loading to do till failure with weight.Will be interesting to see how things go over next few days.

Also booked in with a top nutritionist and she will be doing a talk in store for those interested pm me.

week so far:22mins

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

1km run in the park,watching the lads do 1km repeats made me so jealous.

Treatment with CMac tonight and lots learnt.Some eccentric loading to do till failure with weight.Will be interesting to see how things go over next few days.

Also booked in with a top nutritionist and she will be doing a talk in store for those interested pm me.

week so far:22mins

You in the shop tomorrow?

Was talking to Ronan about CMac a while ago. Really wasn't fond of his treatments myself, seems to work for you?

30minutes tonight,was tender on first 15-20 but warmed up and pain decreased a little.
    Started my exercises and just trying to stay positive.
    CMac top man.

Rest day today.Ran 20mins am and 10mins pm yesterday

20mins @ 6.40 pace

how are the pain levels when you run? Are you doing exercises twice a day or what?

Im on 3 x (15 x 2 - one straight leg one bent) in morning and evening. Up to 20kg weight.

Its getting stronger - can run for 50 mins now, but still have pain in the mornings.

• Advertisement

how are the pain levels when you run? Are you doing exercises twice a day or what?

Im on 3 x (15 x 2 - one straight leg one bent) in morning and evening. Up to 20kg weight.

Its getting stronger - can run for 50 mins now, but still have pain in the mornings.

I have been very lazy with my exercises,you using a bag to hold the weight?
    Pain still there in the morning but each run has been getting better.

Ran 55min sunday and today did 25mins am and small hill session in the evening.

very good. Its a slow road back. I find there is an amount of miles that it can take before the discomfort turns sharp. Each week that amount of miles has increased. 4, 4.5, 5, .....im up to 7.5-8 before pain now.

Im using three bags to hold the weight :)

Good to see yours improving.

Mixed feelings about last weeks training or lack of it.

Ran 2-3 times(not even sure)
    Last two days though I can get out of bed without pain which is good.
    This week the plan is to do 5 days with one long run of 55minutes.

Ran with our running class last night from the shop.15 minute jog along the canal and drills and strides.
    5k tempo in 19 minutes and 12 minute cooldown.Achilles biting me halfway through the tempo.

Today ran with the buggy and achilles felt good but hip flexors very tight and had to stop 2-3 times.Total 45minutes.

Ran everyday this week and today was 12 x 400m with 40 second recovery.Managed 11 reps and felt good.
    Achilles a little tight but will know better tomorrow.Plan to run at least an hour tomorrow.

Well over did it with that weeks training.Struggling to walk never mind run.
    been to two treatments and slowly getting better.
    Might do 20mins tomorrow.

Advertisement