Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronic Download

Options
  • 24-04-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am experiencing very poor download speeds of late. I used to get 3mb but have been at 2mb for a long time now. I contacted yourselves previously and advised it was for stability issues etc. I accepted this but now since the weekend I can barely get 1mb.

Nothing in my setup has changed I've confirmed the speeds with a speed test/line checker.

Please advise as even browsing web pages is slow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys,

I am experiencing very poor download speeds of late. I used to get 3mb but have been at 2mb for a long time now. I contacted yourselves previously and advised it was for stability issues etc. I accepted this but now since the weekend I can barely get 1mb.

Nothing in my setup has changed I've confirmed the speeds with a speed test/line checker.

Please advise as even browsing web pages is slow.

Hi TechnoFreek,

I ran a test on the telephone line which is testing fine.

The speed / sync to the main socket is testing quite low as you outlined.

Downstream
    Synced at: 1568kbps

Provisioned: 160-3072kbps 

I see you currently have a third party modem set up.

Can you connect the modem directly via Ethernet cable to see if there is any change - http://bit.ly/PIBDSJ

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mark. The pc is hardwired directly to the router.
    The router is third party however I have been using it for over a year with no issue.
    My entire setup has not changed in any way.

Mark. The pc is hardwired directly to the router.
    The router is third party however I have been using it for over a year with no issue.
    My entire setup has not changed in any way.
    Hi TechnoFreek,

Do you have a spare eircom modem to connect temporarily to see if that shows any change in the speed / sync?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Hi Mark. Will have to check. Think I might.
    I doubt it will fix the problem though. I've swapped routers in the past with no discernable change.

If the sync to the main socket is slow surely that indicates a probelm outside the house?

Hi Mark. Will have to check. Think I might.
    I doubt it will fix the problem though. I've swapped routers in the past with no discernable change.

If the sync to the main socket is slow surely that indicates a probelm outside the house?

Hi TechnoFreek,

I checked all I could directly. Everything is testing fine on the network side?

I sent on the case to broadband technical support and they said they would need to trouble shoot the set up and modem directly.

Can you give them a call on 1890 260 260 to run some more tests and let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement