Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Express Problem

• 24-04-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Ok so i got a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin and an Airport Express a few days ago and just cant seem to get the connection right...

So my Eircom Wireless router is downstairs in my business so i went down and connected the Ethernet cable to it and after a few attempts i picked it up and set it up for a wireless network... So i want to use this is my house upstairs so when upstairs i connect the Airport to the stereo, it picks up the Airport but it wont connect to it???

Sorry about another Airport question but i have researched this for 2 days and still cant get it so any help appreciated, not the best at these things so a dummys guide to connect would be helpful also...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

Also says i have a self assigned ip address if this helps????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

oo7tk wrote: »
    Also says i have a self assigned ip address if this helps????

First of all, this means there's a problem.

Ok so i got a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin and an Airport Express a few days ago and just cant seem to get the connection right...

So my Eircom Wireless router is downstairs in my business so i went down and connected the Ethernet cable to it and after a few attempts i picked it up and set it up for a wireless network... So i want to use this is my house upstairs so when upstairs i connect the Airport to the stereo, it picks up the Airport but it wont connect to it???

Sorry about another Airport question but i have researched this for 2 days and still cant get it so any help appreciated, not the best at these things so a dummys guide to connect would be helpful also...

Cheers

Are you saying that you set up the Airport Express to "join a wireless network"?

That would be the correct procedure to get the devices talking to one another. The APX then "joins" your existing network and can therefore offer services such as Airplay.

However, typically Eircom routers do not play nice with Apple Products. You may need to update its firmware, get a patch for it or ring Eircom to get it swapped.

Ok so i was playing around with it today and now its plugged in after setting it up with no ethernet cable with the green light on but my Macbook or phone cant seem to find it???

Feels like im sooooo close... :mad::mad::mad:

Ok so i was playing around with it today and now its plugged in after setting it up with no ethernet cable with the green light on but my Macbook or phone cant seem to find it???

Feels like im sooooo close... :mad::mad::mad:

How are you looking for it? If it has now joined your existing network then you do not actually "see" it.

The service that finds it is Airplay - a triangle type of icon will appear with apps that support it in iOS or in iTunes on your Macbook.

It is also advisable to give your APX a name -like "Office".

• Advertisement

APX dont have a clue what that is..

But when i go into itunes how can i try play music through my speaker??? I was in itunes and had a look around and saw nothing, youtubed it also and found fook all...

APX dont have a clue what that is..

But when i go into itunes how can i try play music through my speaker??? I was in itunes and had a look around and saw nothing, youtubed it also and found fook all...

Did you read my posts above? Your APX is your Airport Express.

If you have configured it correctly, the icon for Airplay will appear in iTunes. You click on this to choose this as your choice of speakers rather than your computer. If you have connected your APX to your amplifier, once you choose it as the output for music, then playback will ensue from that source.

If you have not configured it correctly, then the Airplay icon will not appear.

To establish that the configuration and setup is correct, go into an app on your iPhone such as Music, a radio app, RTÉ Player etc, and look for the Airplay icon. It's a little like an upward triangle in a square. This allows you to choose your APX for sound output rather than the speakers of the iPhone.

Cheers

By the way, you do realise that the Zeppelin has built-in Airplay and has no need of the Airport Express(APX)?

Yes i did read your post above and you did not explain what APX was so i was not to know ... And also the Zepplein does not have built in Airplay thats the Zepplein Air...

If i knew all this i would not be asking

Advertisement