Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud siren in Arklow

• 24-04-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I heard it last night about 2am walking home from work, scared the crap out of me. It sounded like a tornado warning or something.

Anyone know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Liam90 wrote: »
    I heard it last night about 2am walking home from work, scared the crap out of me. It sounded like a tornado warning or something.

Anyone know what it is?

The beggining of a zombie apocalypse i beleive? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I heard one of these in Wicklow town the other weekend, roughly 11am on a Sunday morning. Scared the crap out of me too and I wondered if they'd implemented a cunning tsunami warning system. Didn't see anyone run to the hills, so assumed not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Did it sound like an air raid siren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

It sounded exactly like this:

Turn your volume down a bit, its loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

I hear them too in Galway sometimes. Strange .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Alora

It's the fire alarm in one of the local factories in the vale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's a siren called a master blaster. It can be connected to anything like burglar alarms, fire alarms or golf coarses to warn of lightening and obviously its purpose is to heard from a big distance.

MASTER BLASTER

• Registered Users Posts: 1 natanukas

It happend again just now 00:30 on 30.11.2016 its scary stuff when it wakes you up such sound. But from previous posts i do belive that it comes from factory in valey.

Advertisement