Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint process

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

In my opinion, I was mis-sold a course, spent 2 days out of 5 on it. On the run up to the course I was misinformed on a number of occassions and when I asked for my money back before the course, they flatly refused.

I went about getting my course money back €595 in full and started by writing a letter of complaint to the managing director of the company on a Sunday to which he replied within an hour and said it would all be resolved by the following Friday.

He fowarded my e-mail to his director of sales who replied by e-mail the next day and then rang me an hour later to hear my side of the story. In the phone call he admitted the person I was initially in contact with was wrong on a number of aspects. We left the conversation with umpteen promises from him that he would follow up the other side of the complaint and it would be resolved in 72 hrs....that was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep since.

In the meantime, I have been in touch with the National Consumer Agency, relayed my story and they said I had a case for Small Claims Court as they had breached their contract.

I e-mailed Small Claims Court for a form, they asked for my side of story to see if I had a case and I haven't heard back form them in over a week now.

My worry is that if it is left go too long I'll be at nothing. According to the COnsumer Agency, you have 6 yrs to bring a complaint against a company.

These are a big Irish company who provide courses and I'm surprised they haven't got back to me. We were an hour on the 'phone that morning and I co-operated in every way.

Any idea what they're playing at or what I should do next?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Go into your local court office and pick up the form and explanatory notes for the small claims court, fill in the forms and send them back to the court.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Beckala wrote: »
    ....that was 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep since.

Any idea what they're playing at or what I should do next?

Have you tried contacting them again and asking for an update? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Beckala wrote: »
    I e-mailed Small Claims Court for a form, they asked for my side of story to see if I had a case and I haven't heard back form them in over a week now.

You may have used the wrong email address. You can get a form here or apply online here.

Advertisement