Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Card Reader

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Walter lemon

Gordon wrote: »
    Did you have to sign the slip?

I did but my signature is a tough read at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I see, so you didn't actually just give them your account details and name, but you also gave them a security factor: your signature. That explains how you got money out, your signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I did but my signature is a tough read at the best of times
    Those ones are the most secure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't get that ye think a signature is some form of security. Seems like a very easy thing to copy if you ask me.

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't get that ye think a signature is some form of security. Seems like a very easy thing to copy if you ask me.
    They are but they still say your signature should be more of a cryptic squiggle than legible names. Apparently those types are a bit harder to forge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 atomicmisfit

morning guys :-)
    I didnt think I needed to create a new tread for my related question.

I just got this AIB card reader and want to do a tranfser... i put in my card, then pin and i get a code.. perfect... problem is.. the code has 9 unique characters... not 8...
    I cant type in 9 characters into this little card reader thing...
    I just redid the generate code thing again 3 times with the reader and every time i get a code with 9 characters...

what am i meant to do with that ?
    I tried cutting the last number off... and of course it didnt work...

any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot guys.
    Ian :-)

Hmmm, 9 characters? I'm pretty sure (from memory) that it used to give out 2 blocks of 4 characters separated by a space, so perhaps that space character is corrupted. Try removing character 5 from the sequence (but it sounds broken to be honest).

Advertisement