Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Engineer'ing in Ireland

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys.

As in next 3 Year time I'll be finishing Leaving Cert, I would like to study some music. Of course I done some research and I have found out a college called Pulse College in Dublin (http://www.pulsecollege.eu/).

I would like to study some Sound Engineer'ing here but there's only one problem. It's in Dublin and I live in Macroom, Co.Cork.

Does any one know where I could study Sound Engineer'ing around Cork ?
    If there's no option available around Cork. Could any1 that attend the college give an opinion ? I would be very thankfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Check the Music Production forum. There are a lot of threads like this if you do a search.

My advice is to start learning now in your spare time. Download a DAW, practice and read articles/books. I think these kinds of courses are overrated a lot of the time (not to mention expensive) and you'd be better off investing the money on your own equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

Thanks. I'm already producing some music. I'm not sure if I'm good enoughe or not but you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks. I'm already producing some music. I'm not sure if I'm good enoughe or not but you know.

Try contacting Coláiste Stiofán Naofa (Cork City).
    They have music courses and I think one of them might be in the field of production.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

Yes , they have 2 courses with a sound engineer'ing. Do you is there any music school around Cork ? I was thinking about going to one as the music classes in my school are just really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Advertisement