Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified representative question

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am not sure were to post this question so perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Where do I go to get information on becoming a Verified representative of my company on Boards.ie.

Many thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Email reps at boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Can this include academic institutions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Can this include academic institutions?

Yes, they don't have to be commercial enterprises.

Spear wrote: »
    Yes, they don't have to be commercial enterprises.

Thanks Shield,

How much input would my academic institution have into the process. I mean would the process be akin to mod selection?

Thanks Shield,

How much input would my academic institution have into the process. I mean would the process be akin to mod selection?

Verified reps aren't mods, they're just the people put forth by the group/company/institution involved.

• Advertisement

Verified reps aren't mods, they're just the people put forth by the group/company/institution involved.

Thanks Spear. I wasn't of the impression that verified reps were mods I was wondering is the selction criteria/process the same. I am completely unware of the processes involved. I was going to put myself forward for a rep for the school of molecular biology, biology and zoology UCD. I have done this on other online communities previously.

In other science based and general ) online comunities I simply got the appropriate head of school to contact the real life offices of thse communties verifying my suitability for the position. Is that how it works here?

Thanks Spear. I wasn't of the impression that verified reps were mods I was wondering is the selction criteria/process the same. I am completely unware of the processes involved. I was going to put myself forward for a rep for the school of molecular biology, biology and zoology UCD. I have done this on other online communities previously.

In other science based and general ) online comunities I simply got the appropriate head of school to contact the real life offices of thse communties verifying my suitability for the position. Is that how it works here?

The person/account given the status is just decided by discussion with the boards.ie staff once a representative of the department contacts them.

The person/account given the status is just decided by discussion with the boards.ie staff once a representative of the department contacts them.

What is the deciding criteria do you know? I would have to be sure before I proceeded with the matter.

Edit: Sorry to take up so much of your time. From the point of view of my position I have to be sure of the objectivity of the process.

What is the deciding criteria do you know? I would have to be sure before I proceeded with the matter.

There's nothing that formal or clinical. Again, you'll just need to talk to the office staff, these requests aren't handled by mods/admins so there's little we can advise on here.

There's nothing that formal or clinical. Again, you'll just need to talk to the office staff, these requests aren't handled by mods/admins so there's little we can advise on here.

Thank you. I would prefer it to be clinical to be honest and that is the only way I would procede. How do I contact someone in the office. Through Boards itself or outside methods?

Again thanks for your patiences. It is very much apreciated.

• Advertisement

Thank you. I would prefer it to be clinical to be honest and that is the only way I would procede. How do I contact someone in the office. Through Boards itself or outside methods?

Again thanks for your patiences. It is very much apreciated.

The email for the rep accounts is reps at boards.ie

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For everything related to verified reps you should e-mail reps@boards.ie

Tbh, I'm not really sure what it is you're requesting, as to the best of my knowledge the only college verified reps we have are attached to student unions. But talk to the guys in the office, they know the set up better than anyone here, and they'll let you know if having such an account is appropriate for you or not.

Zaph wrote: »
    For everything related to verified reps you should e-mail reps@boards.ie

Tbh, I'm not really sure what it is you're requesting, as to the best of my knowledge the only college verified reps we have are attached to student unions. But talk to the guys in the office, they know the set up better than anyone here, and they'll let you know if having such an account is appropriate for you or not.

Thanks Zaph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just so everyone knows, Verified Reps are generally employees of the institute or business they represent and they are doing so at the behest of their employers. The company pays for this service. It's not a voluntary position at all nor is it something we can or will set up without the company involved asking us to and we require sign off from either a marketing manager or MD or equivalent within the organisation. It's a customer service and/or marketing position and is generally a part of an organisation's social media department.

So taking steadyeddy's specific question here, unless the head of the school of molecular biology, biology and zoology in UCD contacts us and puts you forward for this role (and signs the contract on the school's behalf and arranges payment), then it won't be happening :)

As for suitability, we'd be happy to have the school represented here if they were interested, so as has been said, please have the people responsible for these decisions mail reps@boards.ie for more details.

Dav wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows, Verified Reps are generally employees of the institute or business they represent and they are doing so at the behest of their employers. The company pays for this service. It's not a voluntary position at all nor is it something we can or will set up without the company involved asking us to and we require sign off from either a marketing manager or MD or equivalent within the organisation. It's a customer service and/or marketing position and is generally a part of an organisation's social media department.

So taking steadyeddy's specific question here, unless the head of the school of molecular biology, biology and zoology in UCD contacts us and puts you forward for this role (and signs the contract on the school's behalf and arranges payment), then it won't be happening :)

As for suitability, we'd be happy to have the school represented here if they were interested, so as has been said, please have the people responsible for these decisions mail reps@boards.ie for more details.

Hey Dav that was my question. The school is willing to do just that and have done previously on other online communities (science based). I wanted to be sure of the decision process and its objectivity on this site before I proceed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement